• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

QnyXqAD.jpg

Falcons need to tank, but not for a QB.
We have no o-line, no defense, and no run game.

They'll be fine. They were completely fucked by injuries this year. Their main concern should be offensive line. Jackson is a good RB but he's been injured the whole year. Even if he was healthy the offensive line is still garbage. Roddy White playing on one leg screwed them too.

Godslay

Banned
All 22 Romo Int
hVwyY7U.gif

Looks like Escobar ran a shitty route. If he came back to the ball instead of drifting upfield then no way that the linebacker could have undercut the pass. Or an I just trying to excuse Romo?

Escobar was open to a degree, Romo underthrew (due to pocket pressure), and Trevathan made a good play. It's on Romo, and I thought he was masterful that day...

iVLEtV9OxsJz0.gif

JABEE

Has anyone's iPhone 5 been shutting down at 25% battery life since iOS7? This is really pissing me off. My phone only lasts like 5 hours of general use between charges.

squicken

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9792550/nfl-why-indianapolis-colts-here-stay

Insider post on the Colts. Offense has improved and looks sustainable, but defense won't be this good all year. Very lucky so far in terms of undermanned, bad passing teams on the schedule

The Colts have seen their adjusted sack rate spike from 27th in 2012 to 11th in 2013, but almost all of their sacks are coming at the hands of Mathis. Indianapolis has gotten some supporting pressure from Jerrell Freeman and Pat Angerer, who've picked up 3.5 sacks from the inside linebacker spots, but Mathis has 9.5 of the 11.5 sacks from Indianapolis' actual pass-rushers. Mathis is a great player, but he's not going to pick up 30 sacks this season. He's also been helped by the fact the Colts have played four of the worst five teams in offensive adjusted sack rate so far this season: Oakland, Jacksonville, Seattle (without Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini) and Miami. Clearly Mathis isn't as done as he was thought to be by some experts, and he may even ride these current stats to the top of the sack leaderboard at the end of the season, but Indianapolis would be fortunate if he recorded another 9.5 sacks over the remainder of the season.

Then there is the cornerback brigade. Vontae Davis, a scout's dream who has had inconsistent numbers in our charting project, leads a unit that has been playing very well so far this year. Through Week 4, they'd been decent against No. 1 and No. 2 receivers, and excellent against other receivers. The problem is that, much like the offensive lines they'd faced, the Colts have seen a really poor stable of receivers this year. Rod Streater and Denarius Moore have been better than expected, but they're hardly top-of-the-line guys. Seattle has little deep speed until Percy Harvin gets back -- and they didn't need to throw it much against Indy anyway. The Colts played Jacksonville without Justin Blackmon, and played San Francisco without Vernon Davis. The one wideout Indianapolis has played that can even be considered a top-of-the-line player at this point is Mike Wallace, who hasn't really been that guy since 2011. Wallace has a minus-12.4 percent DVOA on the season -- he lit up the Colts in Week 2, posting a 48.0 percent DVOA on 11 targets.

Has anyone's iPhone 5 been shutting down at 25% battery life since iOS7? This is really pissing me off. My phone only lasts like 5 hours of general use between charges.

I have a 4S, and since the update the phone loses huge chunks of power. It'll go from something like 54% to 19%.

yall lost to the cardinals and bills

You mean like the Pats did last year when we were a worse team?

Go Cards! Let's go shit on the Whiners in SF land. It's weird, even though perception is that we'll get crushed, I haven't been impressed at all with Kap and our D is beasting so I could see us winning this game. Not saying it's a sure thing but I went from thinking there was no chance to a pretty decent chance. Let's take this Red Sea!

Thursday, October 10
Giants @ Bears

Sunday, October 13
1:00PM
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Lions @ Browns (If Calvin is back, otherwise Browns)
Panthers @ Vikings
Rams @ Texans
Raiders @ Chiefs
Steelers @ Jets (shitfest, could go either way)
Eagles @ Buccaneers

4:05PM
Jaguars @ Broncos
Titans @ Seahawks

4:25PM
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers

8:30PM
Redskins @ Cowboys

Monday, October 14
Colts @ Chargers

Anybody do any contract/moving work in here? I'm looking for a cheap van to haul stuff and I can't decide between the Safari and Grand Caravan. Former is taller but latter is longer.

Man I wonder how this season will play out now. It seemed like we were doomed for a top 5 pick but now I see us beating the Jags, Rams, Eagles, and Titans and then having a great chance to beat the Falcons@home, and Texans@home and after bye. That would give us 7-9 wins right there and that's if we lose every other game. We certainly could split with SF or SEA and have a shot playing Indy at home. It's going to be interesting. We really could use a top LT in the draft if Sowell doesn't pan out though to make a real run next year so it's bitter sweet unless the offense transforms this latter half of the season. With the O still not performing, we could just as easily lose half the games I listed. I still see us winning those first four I mentioned regardless.

cdyhybrid

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/08/bengals-packers-broncos-colts-week-5-decisive-moments/

fwiw Escobar said he should have flattened his route, but you never know if he is just saying that. It does look like a lazy route to me. It's not a sharp break to the sideline, or steep enough to be a corner. He just kind of drifts

e: That's Harbaugh, not Shaw.

Yeah, it's not like Harbaugh was a huge influence on Shaw, or Shaw was a coordinator on that team, or anything like that.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Should I go up to Baltimore to see the might Packers crush the Ravens? My cousin-in-law (a Packer member) is offering free tickets, but I know it's going to be insanity trying to drive from Southern Virginia up to Baltimore and back down after a game.

You just turned 21 if memory serves so yeah that makes sense.

Can't speak for everyone but that shit got old for me after awhile. There comes a point where you really don't give two shits to pretend to listen to someone drone on about their lives just to get in their pants. Especially if you're paying.

Girls are too mean. Long term relationships only end in shit. #SadStory #TaylorSwiftGetsMe

Not for me.

Been with the same girl for over 5 years

You're the exception that proves the rule.

Also, why don't you follow back on Twitter? Hurtfull, bro.

Yeah after my last relationship, I think im done with serious relationship till im like 45

#YOLO

exarkun

Geno Smith is better than Schaub isnt he? All these highlights of the game, I didn't watch after the first half. He looks niiice.

Godslay

Banned
Three games in London next year and we're one of them? Is there a massive petition somewhere to end NFL games in Europe? That greedy son of a bitch Goodell needs to realize it's an American sport and should stay here where the teams don't have to deal with jet lag and little rest. The "home" team gets no home field advantage which can be huge and it just doesn't make any fucking sense to play out there when the rest of the world doesn't even acknowledge the sport. I know that's the point, to try and generate global interest, but it makes for shitty football like Thursday night games without the benefit of having an extra day to watch football which is the saving grace of Thursday games.

Syrinx

Watching the MLB postseason after watching the NHL playoffs in June has made me ready to murder every member of Fall Out Boy. They just had to pick the same damn song to keep playing over and over. If the NFL postseason has it, then fuck everything.

Tabris

Oh Tabris, have you watched them play other than against Peyton?

I watch every Baltimore game because I have Ray Rice and Torrey Smith in my fantasy pool.

Aaron Rodgers is not Schaub or Weeden. No way that D is holding Rodgers to 14 points, whether at home or not.

Not saying they won't win, but 14 points is unrealistic.

squicken

Three games in London next year and we're one of them? Is there a massive petition somewhere to end NFL games in Europe? That greedy son of a bitch Goodell needs to realize it's an American sport and should stay here where the teams don't have to deal with jet lag and little rest. The "home" team gets no home field advantage which can be huge and it just doesn't make any fucking sense to play out there when the rest of the world doesn't even acknowledge the sport. I know that's the point, to try and generate global interest, but it makes for shitty football like Thursday night games without the benefit of having an extra day to watch football which is the saving grace of Thursday games.

They have to play SF-OAK anywhere but the Bay Area. It's just gotten to that point with California sports fans. Might as well do it in London

Miguel

Rewatching the game. On both interceptions, the only reason Brock needed to know where Andre Johnson was, was as an anchor point as to where the ball is going to be thrown. He doesn't look at Andre a single time on either of the two plays where he picked Schaub off. Just looking into the backfield the entire time.

Disgusting.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Huh, Football Outsiders rates the Saints' remaining schedule as third toughest. That kind of depends on teams showing up though. A cursory glance doesn't show that many teams you'd expect to beat them.

You mean like the Pats did last year when we were a worse team?

Go Cards! Let's go shit on the Whiners in SF land. It's weird, even though perception is that we'll get crushed, I haven't been impressed at all with Kap and our D is beasting so I could see us winning this game. Not saying it's a sure thing but I went from thinking there was no chance to a pretty decent chance. Let's take this Red Sea!

Thursday, October 10
Giants @ Bears

Sunday, October 13
1:00PM
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Lions @ Browns (If Calvin is back, otherwise Browns)
Panthers @ Vikings
Rams @ Texans
Raiders @ Chiefs
Steelers @ Jets (shitfest, could go either way)
Eagles @ Buccaneers

4:05PM
Jaguars @ Broncos
Titans @ Seahawks

4:25PM
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers

8:30PM
Redskins @ Cowboys

Monday, October 14
Colts @ Chargers

lol if kap has looked like trash (and he has) then what has carson palmer looked like? 5 TD's, 9 INT. even in a down year for kap he looks much better than palmer. cards have a good D but we have gotten back to the ground game and i think that's what we will do this game. not sure if pwill or mcdonald will play, but i don't think we need them against the cards offense anyways. rest up boys!

p.s.

squicken

Huh, Football Outsiders rates the Saints' remaining schedule as third toughest. That kind of depends on teams showing up though. A cursory glance doesn't show that many teams you'd expect to beat them.

FO has CAR as the tenth best team, but I doubt any contender is scared to play them

LJ11

FO has CAR as the tenth best team, but I doubt any contender is scared to play them

Bills are 11th!

I've given FO a shit ton of hate in the past, but over the last year they've added quality football writers. In the past they were sorely lacking in this department but they've done a great job, no longer a glorified power rankings site with an occasional piece worth reading.

I do think the Bills have played way better in certain areas, but their OL isn't good enough, Gailey did a good job scheming around their weaknesses. Looking forward to watching Lewis, hope he does well for his own sake (he won't, OL will get pounded). Usually have this sense that they won't win or even come back during a game, now I expect them to compete and actually come back. Someone's been slipping me some shit...

cajunator

Banned

Never call an opponent easy in the NFL.
Not even an 0-5 team. Overlooking anyone and calling a schedule easy is a fools game.

Eznark, tell me about this Cunnilingus Rice football committee thing.

Why are the rednecks upset that a politician is being put on a committee of politicians?

Because her pepe is bigger than theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom