• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Dammit, people don't be idiots. Hate the guy on the field all you want, but leave his life and family alone.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/fans-accost-matt-schaub-at-his-home

CBS Houston said:
Fans Accost Matt Schaub At His Home
October 8, 2013 9:28 PM

A source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show late Tuesday evening that Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.

No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.

Schaub has been under intense scrutiny following the team’s disastrous 2-3 start which has included the much maligned quarterback throwing a Pick-Six interception in an NFL-record four consecutive games. The Texans return home to Reliant Sunday at noon when they welcome the St. Louis Rams to town.

bionic77

Same here. It's a little weird how quickly and unexpectedly it happened.
It's lack of time.

When you have limited time games just fall to the wayside. So many other things you would rather do with your time.

Fuck since the twins were born and with work I am happy to get 10 minutes to eat dinner by myself and the peace and quiet of an uninterrupted shit.

It's lack of time.

Fuck since the twins were born and with work I am happy to get 10 minutes to eat dinner by myself and the peace and quiet of an uninterrupted shit.[

YES!

Thought just my luck whenever I finally get my throne time the phone rings or somebody knocks on the door.

NFL approved of 62.5 million dollars of funding for Cleveland Browns Stadium
Screw corporate naming crap

Dome? :D

Probably not, we have shitty old scoreboards for a stadium that was built not all that long ago.

Konka

Banned
It's lack of time.

When you have limited time games just fall to the wayside. So many other things you would rather do with your time.

Fuck since the twins were born and with work I am happy to get 10 minutes to eat dinner by myself and the peace and quiet of an uninterrupted shit.

Nah, I have plenty of time and yet I'd rather watch House Hunters than play a game.

Konka

Banned
Hate that show. It's so dry and boring. And I love Real estate shows.

Well love it or list it is my real guilty pleasure....

You're getting old.

You%27re_Getting_Old_Screenshot.png

bionic77

Nah, I have plenty of time and yet I'd rather watch House Hunters than play a game.
I was hoping you said fucking chicks, studying or something somewhat impressive sounding.

I think the fact you would rather watch HGTV instead of play a game says a lot about you and the state of gaming.

I bet most people bored with games are playing shitty consoles though. If you want great single player then get a DS and 3DS.

Konka

Banned
I was hoping you said fucking chicks, studying or something somewhat impressive sounding.

I think the fact you would rather watch HGTV instead of play a game says a lot about you and the state of gaming.

I bet most people bored with games are playing shitty consoles though. If you want great single player then get a DS and 3DS.

I've had a DS since 2005...and a DS lite since whenever that came out. There is just something therapeutic about smoking a joint a watching House Hunters.

Well love it or list it is my real guilty pleasure....
Property Virgins was mine. Mostly because I have a crush on Sandra Rinomato.

I also like Holmes on Homes. My favorite episode was the one where this lady got a 125000 dollar lien put on her house by a contractor so Holmes built her an entirely new futuristic house. He showed her the finished product and she clearly hated it. It was great.

lol if kap has looked like trash (and he has) then what has carson palmer looked like? 5 TD's, 9 INT. even in a down year for kap he looks much better than palmer. cards have a good D but we have gotten back to the ground game and i think that's what we will do this game. not sure if pwill or mcdonald will play, but i don't think we need them against the cards offense anyways. rest up boys!

p.s.

He has also looked like trash. It's easy to look better when you have a superior line and back, it's not necessarily that Kap has played better. You won't have a ground game if we keep it up as we are the second best run D in the league right now and completely shutdown the second and third highest rushers thus far this season the past two weeks. That's one of the reasons I feel we have a chance. If we take away your run game and Kap continues to play like shit, we have a pretty decent chance. The only reason I don't flat out say we'll beat you is that our O still blows.

Hmm for how long? Our O is too shitty for me to bet until the next meet since that's the last game of the season I believe. If you want to do a week long or something I could do that for fun. No furries or pony shit though.

squicken

The Raiders had the right idea with Pryor. You can't stick an immobile QB behind a crap line. Get a guy who can move and create and do what you can on offense. I'm sure the Raiders will move on from Pryor when they get better players there given their interest in Freeman.

Cards were nuts for putting Palmer behind that line trying to run Arians scheme. They will have wasted several years of Washington, Campbell and Peterson's careers with dumb offensive design

In this picture:

Tiger reverting back to his Stanford frat bro days
Jason Dufner putting on his best struggle smile
Keegan Bradley wearing the President's Cup like a dunce cap
Phil just wants to get the hell away from there
Fred Couples is the proud papa

hahaha

Dufner is an odd bird. Seems to just sort of exist. Hard to call him a robot b/c of the odd expression on his face. Maybe he is just a crafty robot

bionic77

The Raiders had the right idea with Pryor. You can't stick an immobile QB behind a crap line. Get a guy who can move and create and do what you can on offense. I'm sure the Raiders will move on from Pryor when they get better players there given their interest in Freeman.

Cards were nuts for putting Palmer behind that line trying to run Arians scheme. They will have wasted several years of Washington, Campbell and Peterson's careers with dumb offensive design
Pryor has looked pretty good to me in the limited time I have seen him play. Why wouldn't the Raiders want to keep him around? I bet the Texans would give their left nut for Pryor right now.

He has also looked like trash. It's easy to look better when you have a superior line and back, it's not necessarily that Kap has played better. You won't have a ground game if we keep it up as we are the second best run D in the league right now and completely shutdown the second and third highest rushers thus far this season the past two weeks. That's one of the reasons I feel we have a chance. If we take away your run game and Kap continues to play like shit, we have a pretty decent chance. The only reason I don't flat out say we'll beat you is that our O still blows.

Hmm for how long? Our O is too shitty for me to bet until the next meet since that's the last game of the season I believe. If you want to do a week long or something I could do that for fun. No furries or pony shit though.

just one week, nothing serious!

and unlike some of my other niners bro's, i actually think this will be a close game. except for last year when you guys had just absolute garbage at QB and oline i think most of our matchups over the years have been close.

i saw the cards have a really good run D (#2 in the league) but a bad pass D (#19). niners have the #2 pass D and the #20 rush D. i don't think the cards rush D is that good or their pass D is that bad. I don't think the niners pass D is that good and i don't think our rush D is that bad.

also after a crappy first 2 weeks of the season we have really been dominant on the ground. not sure why we stopped running against the colts because we were getting like 8-10 yards a pop. something has to give this week. if you shut down our run game i don't like our chances.

part of kaps performance is his own doing but i'm not going to let our receivers/coaching staff off the hook either. our receivers outside of boldin are trash... and even boldin is blanketed just about every play because he doesn't have the speed to get open. but our coaches should be doing like the seahawks do with wussle: give him extremely safe/easy reads, get him outside the pocket so he can get some easy completions. kap is the opposite of wussle: he rarely ever throws from outside the pocket now. wussle basically every play he drops back, waits for the rush to beat his linemen, and then slips outside to run it or extend the play. when was the last time you saw him stand tall in the pocket and deliver a strike? i'm sure it happens but very rarely.

anyways as i said 1 week avatar bet should do and read my lips NFL-age: NO MORE ANIME AVATARS! this i guarantee all of you!

TylerD

Diablo 3 was my last hurrah in gaming. I took a week off of work to play it when it launched. My brother and I played it for about 2 weeks and I haven't played more than 2 or 3 hrs of anything since.

I watch just about all that Giantbomb puts out though.

squicken

Pryor has looked pretty good to me in the limited time I have seen him play. Why wouldn't the Raiders want to keep him around? I bet the Texans would give their left nut for Pryor right now.

Kubiak could never coach a player like Pryor. Kubiak has to have everything on schedule. It's all a system and everyone does their job. It's an offense and coach that doesn't allow or encourage improvisation

effzee

I've def stopped caring about gaming like I used to. Part of it is being married, less time, other new interests, and also a part of it is that maybe I don't like new gaming or grew out of it somewhat.

I barely finish games unless they really suck me in (like Pikmin 3 recently did) and mainly stick to multiplayer/sports game.

That said I can't wait to pick up WW HD to replay it.

Pryor wasn't looking so good in Practice Season or even last year's game. He tends to do his best work in improvising. What's even better is now his WRs are picking up on it and coming back towards him when he's scrambling. It makes it almost impossible to plan for him.

NFL approved of 62.5 million dollars of funding for Cleveland Browns Stadium
Screw corporate naming crap

Dome? :D

Probably not, we have shitty old scoreboards for a stadium that was built not all that long ago.

By current standards, the stadium is about half way through its life expectancy. Thats crazy! Sure doesnt seem like it.

effzee

I love Desean and LeSean but man I wish both of these morons would just shut up.

McCoy saying shit about Moreno completely uncalled for. Desean thinks Revis can't keep up with him.

Just let your play do the talking. Especially in Jackson's case since the Bucs D is actually pretty good, compared to what he faced against the Giants, and with Foles most likely in they won't have to worry about assigning a defender as a spy.

Lost to all the idiots in Philly who think Foles 1 good quarter performance is good enough to cement him a starter is a. the run game completely went to shit without Vick and b. Both of Foles TD passes came right after Eli threw an INT and gave the Eagles great field position. Without Vick teams can just focus on McCoy.

I hope Chip comes up with a great gameplan because this game has me worried. These clowns are acting too confident. They only beat the winless Giants. And I bet they are looking forward to the Cowboys the following week. Tampa coming off of a bye, at home, and facing Foles instead of Vick. Has an upset written all over it.

Konka

Banned
I love Desean and LeSean but man I wish both of these morons would just shut up.

McCoy saying shit about Moreno completely uncalled for. Desean thinks Revis can't keep up with him.

Just let your play do the talking. Especially in Jackson's case since the Bucs D is actually pretty good, compared to what he faced against the Giants, and with Foles most likely in they won't have to worry about assigning a defender as a spy.

Lost to all the idiots in Philly who think Foles 1 good quarter performance is good enough to cement him a starter is a. the run game completely went to shit without Vick and b. Both of Foles TD passes came right after Eli threw an INT and gave the Eagles great field position. Without Vick teams can just focus on McCoy.

I hope Chip comes up with a great gameplan because this game has me worried. These clowns are acting too confident. They only beat the winless Giants. And I bet they are looking forward to the Cowboys the following week. Tampa coming off of a bye, at home, and facing Foles instead of Vick. Has an upset written all over it.

And now Chip's plan can't simply be to have everyone on the sideline holding taco's to distract Freeman.

Something's up recently in the NFL.

Garden variety teams are now dominant against the run, while quarterbacks are coming in and finding huge gaps over the middle to throw to. It's like the whole league is challenging QB's to throw now.

That's our problem, Palmer isn't mobile enough to work with this line. What the heck are you talking about though? We only signed Palmer to a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one and groom him behind Palmer next season and then cut Palmer. Or if Palmer is shit next year, we let the rookie play sooner. I think with an improved line Palmer will look better next year. Cooper really was making a difference before he went down.
just one week, nothing serious!

and unlike some of my other niners bro's, i actually think this will be a close game. except for last year when you guys had just absolute garbage at QB and oline i think most of our matchups over the years have been close.

i saw the cards have a really good run D (#2 in the league) but a bad pass D (#19). niners have the #2 pass D and the #20 rush D. i don't think the cards rush D is that good or their pass D is that bad. I don't think the niners pass D is that good and i don't think our rush D is that bad.

also after a crappy first 2 weeks of the season we have really been dominant on the ground. not sure why we stopped running against the colts because we were getting like 8-10 yards a pop. something has to give this week. if you shut down our run game i don't like our chances.

part of kaps performance is his own doing but i'm not going to let our receivers/coaching staff off the hook either. our receivers outside of boldin are trash... and even boldin is blanketed just about every play because he doesn't have the speed to get open. but our coaches should be doing like the seahawks do with wussle: give him extremely safe/easy reads, get him outside the pocket so he can get some easy completions. kap is the opposite of wussle: he rarely ever throws from outside the pocket now. wussle basically every play he drops back, waits for the rush to beat his linemen, and then slips outside to run it or extend the play. when was the last time you saw him stand tall in the pocket and deliver a strike? i'm sure it happens but very rarely.

anyways as i said 1 week avatar bet should do and read my lips NFL-age: NO MORE ANIME AVATARS! this i guarantee all of you!
Yeah we had 0 rush until last week with D Wash back. He was our leading sacker last season and not only did he snag a couple against the Panthers, he demanded coverage that allowed a couple other guys to get sacks that couldn't do shit before. Our rush D will be much better for the rest of the season with him back but a stud OL pass rusher is still a top 3 need for this team. Peterson is shutting down his man each week but our CB2 is mediocre at best. Good thing for us that Boldin is your only legit healthy receiver and DWash will help contain Davis. Boldin will rise for this match up though and I still have much love for the guy.

I have observed Gore's increased production, I just think we are really playing the run well. Shutting down Gore is key to winning this game. I still respect you guys very much, I just think we have a chance. I'd feel a lot more confident if we were playing in Zona though.

I won't argue that concerning Kap, he'd do much better with crab cakes in, especially with Boldin as a #2. That's why I gave you a hard time before the season began with crabby cakes out ;) My predictions came true! I'm curious to see if you go back to the read option for us or if Kap stays in the pocket. I think if DWash was still out, the read option would have abused us badly. Of course Wussel plays that way, he's a midget!

You have a deal! I think the first time I'm doing one and at least I'm wise enough not to bet against Hito...shudder

ShaneB

Prediction for the game on Sunday based on what I just played.

MVP of the game goes to Marshawn Lynch, the stat line being 23 carries, 109 yards, 6 catches 69 yards, 3 TD's.

Let's do it.

MechDX

yeah

when the people turn..they turn..some go too far.

jfc mech, it's just a fucking game.

I will make comments here but I would NEVER do something like that. Hope they find the fuckers and throw the book at them

Oh and one other thing:

Marc Vandermeer ‏@TexansVoice 3h
Could mean nothing but - A. Smith said on http://TexansRadio.com Kubiak to meet with whole team Wed-AM - usually position groups meet 1st

Somethings going on

effzee

I will make comments here but I would NEVER do something like that. Hope they find the fuckers and throw the book at them

Oh and one other thing:

Somethings going on

If they do make a change it might be a trade. I mean if you want to make a playoff push why would you turn to the back up or #3 guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom