• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're probably getting a nice endowment from the league, NFL Europe, and plus it's still treated as a home game so they get money from everyone attending.

Tickets are starting around $55 equivalent up to $260 and each game is selling out at 80000+.

Plus Wembley being renowned for having some of the best stadium hospitality on offer in the world doesn't hurt influencing the bigwigs.

I had no doubt in my mind the Owners would benefit financially, it still a sort of shitty thing to do to your fans/season ticket holders, is short them a game to go to.

squicken

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-cincinnati/awJRUaXwwCXBWo1VKBrTcL/story.html

Film Review: Andy Dalton and Jay Gruden were better than Tom Brady and Joshie McDaniels

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton has taken a lot of flak from his fan base this season for poor performance, but a review of the coaches’ film shows that he was efficient and effective in their 13-6 win over the Patriots, and that offensive coordinator Jay Gruden deserves a lot of the credit.

Gruden’s game plan was simple: Minimize Dalton’s impact, and give him as many high-percentage throws as possible. The Bengals called five straight runs to open the game, and overall called 37 runs to 33 passes, rushing for 162 yards.

Brady and McDaniels, meanwhile, couldn’t figure out how to get the ball in the red zone, let alone the end zone, and Brady was out of rhythm with his receivers for much of the game. Brady certainly had his share of good throws, and the timing of the monsoon-like conditions during the final drive was unfortunate. But he was hesitant in the pocket for much of the day and uncharacteristically inaccurate with some of his passes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They're probably getting a nice endowment from the league, NFL Europe, and plus it's still treated as a home game so they get money from everyone attending.

Tickets are starting around $55 equivalent up to $260 and each game is selling out at 80000+.

Plus Wembley being renowned for having some of the best stadium hospitality on offer in the world doesn't hurt influencing the bigwigs.

And when the Bills came up here they started off with all their prices over 100 bucks.

smh

bionic77

I love Nintendo systems but they treat me like Matt Millen treated Lions fans.

Outside of that game, nothing inspires me to buy the system. $299 for last gen system and a controller I'll never use is a laugh riot.
I'd rather burn the money in front of a bunch of liberals than vote with my dollar on an online-less, good-Mario-less Mario Machine.

More drawn to the 2DS tbh.
Get the 2DS and fire emblem.

I am with you in the U. Should have been 199. Feels overpriced. Makes the PS4 look like a bargain.

jmdajr

Way to act like Thugs Texan fans smh.

Some people are even defending the man's actions saying no laws were broke and arguing athletes get accosted everyday because it comes with the territory.

Yeah how about showing some maturity in the real world. There are lines sensible, decent people do not cross.

shameful

eznark

Banned
A grown man got yelled at by another grown man. The insane outrage over this is ludicrous. Was the guy an asshole? Totally. Is it something to weep over for a week? C'mon.

If Schaub weren't such a bitch he would've shot the guy for trespassing. Guarantee mans man Case Keenum wouldn't have pussied out.

bionic77

Didn't Steeler fans vandalize Odonnells home after his MVP performance in the Superbowl (albeit for the Cowboys)?

Maybe I was a dick teenager but at the time I thought he deserved it when they kicked his sorry ass out of Pittsburgh.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 6m
RT @houstonpolice: Police were not called to the home. No other information to release at this time. #hounews

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 7m
RT @houstonpolice: A family member reported seeing a suspicious male in the driveway of the residence taking pictures.

So HPD didn't respond to the house but NFL Security says they did. All the guy did was scream some profanity at the house?

So basically this is really nothing but an embarrassment to the team and city.

BWJBIHuCYAEcs7G.jpg

Old man Schaub has just lost it

squicken

So HPD didn't respond to the house but NFL Security says they did. All the guy did was scream some profanity at the house?

So basically this is really nothing but an embarrassment to the team and city.

What a terrible job by the media. I never got the city shaming they tried to pull. Just some random fan yelling at a garbage quarterback

Didn't Steeler fans vandalize Odonnells home after his MVP performance in the Superbowl (albeit for the Cowboys)?

Maybe I was a dick teenager but at the time I thought he deserved it when they kicked his sorry ass out of Pittsburgh.

Not sure about Odonnell but I remember somebody threw trash in Maddox's yard.

Mike Smith's seat should probably start getting a little warm.

Mike Nolan should get a pass just because of the shit hand he's been dealt to play with.

Dirk Koetter's seat should be on fire at this point.

Fox318

Listening to Rex Ryan's radio interview.

He takes a few shots at the Cowboys getting rid of his brother. :jnc

jakncoke

Banned
So in other words according to Vegas its a foregone conclusion that we will win this division.
Well I like those odds lol.
But anything can happen.

The teams in your division are terrible you are 5-0, panthers 1-3 , falcons 1-4, bucs 0-4. You have 2 division wins and 0 division losses. There is 11 games left. You'd have to have a major choke job and the rest of the South to figure out how to win.

Also fuck gafs servers ffs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I fully expect the Steelers to be on Hard Knocks next year. HBO execs must be dancing in the streets at the new rules.

MechDX

Owen Daniels is made of balsa wood. :(

The Texans took a short-term step to fill in at tight end, after their long-term answer there was lost for two months.

According to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego, the Texans have signed tight end Jake Byrne off the Chargers’ practice squad.

Byrne was on the Texans practice squad during the playoffs last year, after going to training camp with the Saints in 2012. He was cut by the Texans this preseason.

He takes the roster spot created when the Texans put tight end Owen Daniels on IR/designated for return because of a broken leg. Daniels will be out until Week 14, by which point it might not matter.

Kubiak loves his Sconi tight ends.

tmdorsey

I've def stopped caring about gaming like I used to. Part of it is being married, less time, other new interests, and also a part of it is that maybe I don't like new gaming or grew out of it somewhat.

I barely finish games unless they really suck me in (like Pikmin 3 recently did) and mainly stick to multiplayer/sports game.

That said I can't wait to pick up WW HD to replay it.

It's great. Very clean and really like a cartoon. I'm having a good time playing through it again with my 9 year old daughter.

Mike Smith's seat should probably start getting a little warm.

Mike Nolan should get a pass just because of the shit hand he's been dealt to play with.

Dirk Koetter's seat should be on fire at this point.

Agreed. Although I think Smith will probably get a pass also, but he's definitely coaching tight and seems to be letting outside criticisms influence his coaching. He needs to just do him.

I fully expect the Steelers to be on Hard Knocks next year. HBO execs must be dancing in the streets at the new rules.
League apparently wants lesser known teams or teams with struggling fan bases off the bat according to some twitter posts I saw yesterday. Some teams mentioned include the Titans, Browns and Raiders.

PFF Ranks the 2013 offensive lines:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/09/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-first-quarter/

Top 5:

5. New England Patriots: +15.7

Stud: In a battle between tackles it’s just Nate Solder (+12.8) who is developing into one of the league’s best.

Dud: It’s hasn’t been pretty watching Dan Connolly (-6.8) in pass protection. He looks off the pace.

Summary: The strength is primarily in their tackles who are the kind of guys who can shut down edge rushers and get some push in the run game. Throw in Logan Mankins and they’re still one of the best groups around.

4. Washington Redskins: +20.8

Stud: The surprise package has been Kory Lichtensteiger (+10.0) who is playing his best football right now.

Dud: After a good 2012 most of us expected Chris Chester (-5.0) to kick on. He hasn’t.

Summary: This will surprise some, but the Redskins have done a really good job of keeping a clean pocket. Trent Williams has allowed just four quarterback disruptions on the year and the line has the third-best Pass Blocking Efficiency of all teams.

3. Dallas Cowboys: +23.9

Stud: To the surprise of everyone, Doug Free (+15.7) has used the offseason uncertainty to motivate himself into a frankly fantastic start to the year. Our top ranked right tackle.

Dud: The play of Mackenzy Bernadeau (-3.2) was always going to be something to watch, and the team looks better with him out of the lineup.

Summary: They made a bold move in bringing in Brian Waters and it appears to be paying off. Of course that wasn’t the only bold move they made, with first-round pick Travis Frederick justifying the faith in him.

2. Denver Broncos: +29.1

Stud: A lot of times you see an offensive linemen get paid it just doesn’t work out. Tell that to Louis Vasquez (+10.1), who is thriving right now after his move from San Diego.

Dud: It’s tough to single out a player, but you’d hope to see a little more from Zane Beadles (-1.5), especially in a contract year.

Summary: Everything that could go right for this team has, and when it’s gone wrong (injury to Ryan Clady) his replacement has filled in with such poise that you hardly noticed. With four starters graded above +6.3, what more could you want?

1. Cincinnati Bengals: +37.1

Stud: Pick your poison, and pick it well since there’s a fine selection. On top its Andrew Whitworth (+11.3), who so far is giving up a quarterback disruption on every 29.6 drop-backs.

Dud: There is no dud, but the least impressive of the unit is Kyle Cook (-2.3) and that’s chiefly down to his pass protection.

Summary: It comes to something when even the backup left tackle, Anthony Collins, is getting a positive grade. Helped by a quick-hit offense, they rarely allow pressure and their young guards have taken a big step forward in the run game.

Bottom 5:

32. Baltimore Ravens: -38.6

Stud: Well, by default it’s kind of Marshal Yanda (+3.4), but let’s not kid ourselves in believing that he’s playing anywhere near his best. He’s not.

Dud: Some contenders here but Gino Gradkowski (-13.4) is the man under fire. He just hasn’t got the job done and is atrocious (by center standards) with his work in pass protection.

Summary: The team didn’t feel the need to trade for 11 games of Eugene Monroe because they were happy with how things were going. Bryant McKinnie has been awful and whoever has played left guard (chiefly Kelechi Osemele) has struggled. Not good enough.

31. Seattle Seahawks: -33.4

Stud: By the process of elimination right now it’s seventh-rounder Michael Bowie (+0.7).

Dud: A below-average guard, there’s little surprise that Paul McQuistan (-14.9) is a way below average tackle.

Summary: They lost Russell Okung and are currently without Max Unger. Two men who just happen to be their best linemen. That has hurt, but the J.R. Sweezy experiment isn’t working out and they’re just not executing right now.

30. Jacksonville Jaguars: -30.5

Stud: Well … Uche Nwaneri (-0.3) but there’s some really slim pickings there.

Dud: As is often the case, it’s Will Rackley (-14.7) who is on a mission to prove the faith in him misguided. Five games and his best grade was a -2.1.

Summary: It hasn’t worked in Year 1 of the new regime and the line is a big part of why. They’ve lost their two starting tackles, have question marks across the line and are about as bad it gets when it comes to run blocking. Nobody said rebuilding would be easy.

29. New York Giants: -30.2

Stud: Is stud the right word to use? Kevin Boothe (+2.4) has got better since the season started at least.

Dud: How disappointed must the team be in Will Beatty (-9.3)? He was well worth his contract extension but has proceeded to flop on the field this year.

Summary: It’s not good. A mix of old guys getting injured and not getting the job done, and young guys not ready to deliver. They’ve gone from contenders to a transition team with the kind of speed nobody saw coming.

28. Atlanta Falcons: -24.0

Stud: The guards are the best of a bad bunch with Justin Blalock (+8.1) solid enough in pass protection (seven quarterback disruptions allowed on 242 pass blocks) that he takes the honors.

Dud: Pick a tackle, pick any tackle. It’s Sam Baker (-13.8) who has reverted to type this year and hasn’t even be able to save his grade by missing time.

Summary: A line that has got better but still isn’t great. They’re struggling at both tackle spots no matter who they line up and that has caused no end of problems. Of course it hasn’t helped that Peter Konz has been a noticeable drop off from Todd McClure as the team has struggled to get anything going on the ground.

Godslay

Banned
I know it's free and beggars can't be choosers, but is GAF running on an old Pentium III? Super jank. I wonder if it's just an issue of scaling or if something else is the problem?

Mindlog

Predictably, Freeman's absence has started having an impact on GAF and on Tampa's economy. The exotic taco industry was hit fast and hard.
via TBO
The controversial restaurant with lion meat tacos on the menu had an ever-so-short lifespan in Ybor City.

The building where Taco Fusion opened in Ybor City is now closed, with “For Rent” signs surrounding the property.

squicken

I'm not a fan who thinks his team has the worst line in the league. I see much worse groups every week. But I have a problem with their methodology. The Rams are 6 or 7 in their rankings, and I do know that isn't accurate.

The Rams stress short throws, and Bradford is super quick to check down. They also never get stuffed on runs. Few negative yardage plays there. But there also aren't any giant holes either. It's a low risk low reward offense that protects the line (and QB and WRs and RBs). Add to that they have played the Falcons, Jags and a banged up Cards team, none of whom can rush the passer, and the the stats look good.

When I think of a good offensive line, I think of Tom Brady vs ATL where he stands in the pocket for 8 seconds looking all over the field to throw, or SF cramming it down the Texans' throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom