• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

If they do make a change it might be a trade. I mean if you want to make a playoff push why would you turn to the back up or #3 guy?

roethlisberger-snake-tongue-slither-sports-tongues.gif

Got ben for a 2nd and 5th.

Seriously, probably nothing. I would expect Kubiak to announce to the players first if Yates will start Sunday.

squicken

That's our problem, Palmer isn't mobile enough to work with this line. What the heck are you talking about though? We only signed Palmer to a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one and groom him behind Palmer next season and then cut Palmer. Or if Palmer is shit next year, we let the rookie play sooner. I think with an improved line Palmer will look better next year. Cooper really was making a difference before he went down.r

Not just with the Palmer but the few years prior under Wiz where they ignored the OL and it caught up with them

e: Apparently the Houston Chronicle had an article up that had Schaub's address in it? Why? That's so stupid

Spinluck

Miguel

Oh good, the stupidity doesn't just extend to those idiots that showed up at his house, but those geniuses in the Home section of the Houston Chronicle who gave them the ability to easily find his address a day after his worst performance ever...

@LanceZierlein
Schaub's address didn't appear in the sports page, it was in some home gallery feature. Not sure why it needed to be posted, however.

@MJ4Sports
I won't tweet the link, but yep Chronicle has Schaub's address on its website "Live Next to NFL Star". Just saw it That's pretty weak.

I feel like you secretly want to buy a Wii U. You should just go on and buy one already. Join the minority family.
I love Nintendo systems but they treat me like Matt Millen treated Lions fans.

Outside of that game, nothing inspires me to buy the system. $299 for last gen system and a controller I'll never use is a laugh riot.
I'd rather burn the money in front of a bunch of liberals than vote with my dollar on an online-less, good-Mario-less Mario Machine.

More drawn to the 2DS tbh.

Not just with the Palmer but the few years prior under Wiz where they ignored the OL and it caught up with them

Ah, I see what you are saying. Fortunately those studs are all really young and in Peterson and DWash's case, they've only played a few seasons yet. They will be around for a very long time. Wash just extended his contract last year and Peterson will be our main focus when this season ends as the CBA prevents us from doing it sooner. Fitz is the one we are killing the prime years of and that's why some Cards fans want to just trade him to a contender. I don't think they realize those are the teams we'll get the least value from but at the same time, it would be awful of us to trade him to a bottom feeder for top value. Arizona he will remain and I'll enjoy watching him while I can.

squicken

I think Kubes needs to switch QBs, but Schaub is the best one to beat the Rams. I mean the Texans could bring someone out of the stands and hand off 60 times and still win, but the Rams also have a terrible secondary that is easy to exploit. But I'm not sure Yates or Keenum can do that like Schaub can. STL doesn't jump routes so there's no fear of the pick 6, either

Narag

I think Kubes needs to switch QBs, but Schaub is the best one to beat the Rams. I mean the Texans could bring someone out of the stands and hand off 60 times and still win, but the Rams also have a terrible secondary that is easy to exploit. But I'm not sure Yates or Keenum can do that like Schaub can. STL doesn't jump routes so there's no fear of the pick 6, either

Which QB gives them the best chance to beat the Chefs the week after?

Miguel

I think Yates is a slightly less experienced, better arm, better mobility...

Keenum is a wildcard. Last year I would have said no freaking way... but this preseason he showed a ton... yes, it's preseason, but his mobility/pocket awareness was outstanding, and that was definitely the case (no pun intended) with the Cougars a few years back as well. He can air it out, get away from pressure, and oh yeah that's my school so of course I want to see him do well.

I'd like to see him out there, won't happen, but would be great.

Texans should seriously consider what Bill Simmons suggested a few weeks ago and offer Schaub and a 1st for Big Ben and anything else they can get, although I doubt Pittsburgh does it now.

Texans should seriously consider what Bill Simmons suggested a few weeks ago and offer Schaub and a 1st for Big Ben and anything else they can get, although I doubt Pittsburgh does it now.

Pittsburgh will never do it. Ben is sitting behind a newly reconstructed o-line which is the youngest in the league. They're finally starting to come together and give him good protection. The offense will be fine.

Steelers problem is on D. Watt for Hood and a 2nd rounder.

squicken

I think Yates is a slightly less experienced, better arm, better mobility...

Keenum is a wildcard. Last year I would have said no freaking way... but this preseason he showed a ton... yes, it's preseason, but his mobility/pocket awareness was outstanding, and that was definitely the case (no pun intended) with the Cougars a few years back as well. He can air it out, get away from pressure, and oh yeah that's my school so of course I want to see him do well.

I'd like to see him out there, won't happen, but would be great.

To me it is a waste to play Yates. He's limited and will never be an NFL starter. Keenum should play if they are benching Schoob but Kubiak could never do that.

Luck for Watt & Cushing.

There isn't a package of players or picks that the Colts would ever trade Luck for. You don't trade once a decade QB talents. Heck that is really underselling it. He's that good. If the Packers offered Rodgers and Matthews and said they would pay their salaries the Colts would say no.

If Houston picks up any QBs it's probably going to be Sanchez, Cousins or Newton. Otherwiser they're rolling the dice on the draft.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm ashamed to be a part of the Texans fan base right now.

I can't stand Schoob, but to go to his house and confront him and his family.

Truly disturbing and pathetic.

edit- Kubes can go fuck himself, he hasn't helped this guy either. He clearly needs to be benched.

Miguel

I'm ashamed to be a part of the Texans fan base right now.

I can't stand Schoob, but to go to his house and confront him and his family.

Truly disturbing and pathetic.

edit- Kubes can go fuck himself, he hasn't helped this guy either. He clearly needs to be benched.

Matrix! Now we just need to get dskillz back in here and OG TexansGAF is back.

East Lake

It's worth it if only to see the part where Bob Kraft was dumping CTE brains in the Boston area rivers. Whole organization belongs in a cell with Hernandez.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Matrix! Now we just need to get dskillz back in here and OG TexansGAF is back.

lol good luck with that... then again when the team is shit we all tend to post more.

How does this work? What do the numbers mean?

Basically every number is based on betting $100 but it's actually easier to understand if you remove 2 0's from everything. It's easy to understand on + numbers. For example you bet $100 on someone +200 (or 2/1), you win $200 (or gain $100). Minus numbers go in the oppisite direction. For someone at say -300, you you need to bet $300 to win $100 (or in other words $400). For the Saints now, you would need to bet $3500 and win to gain $100.

So how much are the home teams paid off for these London games?

I know I'd be pissed off as a fan or season ticket holder losing one of my 8 games for a game in London.

Sumidor

Basically every number is based on betting $100 but it's actually easier to understand if you remove 2 0's from everything. It's easy to understand on + numbers. For example you bet $100 on someone +200 (or 2/1), you win $200 (or gain $100). Minus numbers go in the oppisite direction. For someone at say -300, you you need to bet $300 to win $100 (or in other words $400). For the Saints now, you would need to bet $3500 and win to gain $100.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this doesn't make sense. If it's +200, you would gain $200.

Wes

venison crêpe
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this doesn't make sense. If it's +200, you would gain $200.

I think you're right. In the UK you get your original stake back plus winnings.

Fraction, heck even decimal, odd systems are so much simpler than the convoluted systems in the US.

cajunator

Banned

So in other words according to Vegas its a foregone conclusion that we will win this division.
Well I like those odds lol.
But anything can happen.

Wes

venison crêpe
So how much are the home teams paid off for these London games?

I know I'd be pissed off as a fan or season ticket holder losing one of my 8 games for a game in London.

They're probably getting a nice endowment from the league, NFL Europe, and plus it's still treated as a home game so they get money from everyone attending.

Tickets are starting around $55 equivalent up to $260 and each game is selling out at 80000+.

Plus Wembley being renowned for having some of the best stadium hospitality on offer in the world doesn't hurt influencing the bigwigs.

Wrayfield

They're probably getting a nice endowment from the league, NFL Europe, and plus it's still treated as a home game so they get money from everyone attending.

Tickets are starting around $55 equivalent up to $260 and each game is selling out at 80000+.

Plus Wembley being renowned for having some of the best stadium hospitality on offer in the world doesn't hurt influencing the bigwigs.

Apparently corporate sponsoring plays a big role as well. Make sense, but also leaves many seats empty (judging from the few times I was there anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom