• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
original.gif

s

jlXml4q.gif

That win surprised me as a Dallas fan. Not that they couldn't win against Washington but how methodical it was. I thought for sure RGIII after a bye week was going to torch this defense.

Next week is going to be a battle. I fear that crazy Eagles team

h1nch

Would really like to see how Denver's defense can play with not only Von Miller Hipster Glasses, but also Ayers, and Woodyard back. Getting VMHG back will be huge but he would be helped tremendously if we have another player who could get pressure on the QB.

I still maintain that the majority of defensive woes are due to a lack of consistent pass rush, and more recently, the absence of Woodyard who's the heart of the D.

Yeah, RG3 is overrated once defences prepared for the read option and his knee limitations. Sad thing is it'll probably take 2-3 years of RG3 struggling before they finally give up on him due to his amazing first year.

Maybe he adjusts and evolves his game like Cam Newton is slowly doing.

I don't blame RGIII, I blame the Shanahan's for their pony show. Instead of trying to do what San Francisco is doing with Kap, and trying to develop him into a more traditional QB, growing pains and all, the Redskins seem content trying to capture lightning in a bottle for a second time, and failing miserably. Teams came into this season better prepared for the read-option. When you're star QB is coming into the season off a severe injury -- the second in his career -- with no preseason, I'm not sure there should have been much expectation. Washington, as a team, is overrated; but the truth is, they should have never been rated that highly to begin with.

That win surprised me as a Dallas fan. Not that they couldn't win against Washington but how methodical it was. I thought for sure RGIII after a bye week was going to torch this defense.

Next week is going to be a battle. I fear that crazy Eagles team

Eagles D gave up almost 300 yards passing to Mcglennon today. Romo should go for 500 easy.

Godslay

Banned
VON MILLER TIME!! and today Champ made some great defensive plays some even saving TDs.

True.

A good game isn't enough if Peyton comes out hot, especially this year.

Maybe?

Would really like to see how Denver's defense can play with not only Von Miller Hipster Glasses, but also Ayers, and Woodyard back. Getting VMHG back will be huge but he would be helped tremendously if we have another player who could get pressure on the QB.

I still maintain that the majority of defensive woes are due to a lack of consistent pass rush, and more recently, the absence of Woodyard who's the heart of the D.

Agreed. Might take a couple weeks to get the chemistry going, but they should play better initially.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow what a day for the pats! Anybody else got to the game? Was absolutely insane. Defense looked awesome, but came at a cost with Talib and Mayo getting banged up. Also Danny Amendola back for a game and a half and gone yet again. Pats need to make a trade, they should really take a shot on Britt.

Either way the atmosphere there was crazy, and the saints fans were BRUTAL. Was pretty disappointed in the amount of people pouring out early, but really can't blame them. I was pretty sure Tom had just waved the white flag with that throw to Edelman. The drive before that with the drops from Bolden and Dobson were disgraceful. The pass protection is a disaster as well. It's not necassarily one person on the line, but the RBs seem to be missing their assignments at least from what I saw on the field.

fake edit- day of comebacks in boston, go sox!

I don't blame RGIII, I blame the Shanahan's for their pony show. Instead of trying to do what San Francisco is doing with Kap, and trying to develop him into a more traditional QB, growing pains and all, the Redskins seem content trying to capture lightning in a bottle for a second time, and failing miserably. Teams came into this season better prepared for the read-option. When you're star QB is coming into the season off a severe injury -- the second in his career -- with no preseason, I'm not sure there should have been much expectation. Washington, as a team, is overrated; but the truth is, they should have never been rated that highly to begin with.

I don't really understand the criticisms. I'm not a big fan of the Shanahans but they've been bringing Griff along as a pocket passer pretty much the whole season. He has a higher completion percentage than Luck and similar yards per pass attempt.

People just want to pile on I guess.

Paches

Sorry I mean where is everyone seeing this video / press conference of him complaining?

Just kidding around, but right after the end zone hit, he spun to the official with his hands in the air flailing and the official motioned to Peyton that it wasn't a foul

Edit: Saw it on the end of Sunday Night game, they were previewing next week.

ShaneB

Just finished watching the game (Thank you Gamepass for the wonderful presentation with no commercials). Jesus that was a mess of a game from both teams. Hawks need to clean up those mess of turnovers (I'll give that wacky FG play over to strange circumstances), but the 2nd half was much better overall.

Prediction for the game on Sunday based on what I just played.

MVP of the game goes to Marshawn Lynch, the stat line being 23 carries, 109 yards, 6 catches 69 yards, 3 TD's.

Let's do it.

My score prediction was well off, but my stat line for Lynch was fairly close!

Tabris

Just kidding around, but right after the end zone hit, he spun to the official with his hands in the air flailing and the official motioned to Peyton that it wasn't a foul

Edit: Saw it on the end of Sunday Night game, they were previewing next week.

Oh you meant during the game. Sorry, I thought he was complaining in a press-conference or something.

Tabris

You let me off easy. I appreciate it.

BaltimoreLarry, your Superbowl win should cover up the pain of at least 2 losing seasons. :)

I would trade being in Baltimore's situation for a SB win... Actually I don't know... Broncos may have a chance at being competitive for at least 3 years. That's a tough one.

BaltimoreLarry, your Superbowl win should cover up the pain of at least 2 losing seasons. :)

I would trade being in Baltimore's situation for a SB win... Actually I don't know... Broncos may have a chance at being competitive for at least 3 years. That's a tough one.

A Superbowl in hand is worth two in the bush.

squicken

Now that all the Texans fans are off looting and stalking Schaub's house ...

GO RAMS!! What a fun win. I can't remember the last time they kicked anyone's ass. Even the Jags put up a better fight (like they did vs Denver). JJ Watt was totally shut down. I can't believe it. I hate the offense but Fisher realized they couldn't run spread and they are doing what they can with ground and pound. It's gonna suck being 8-8 forever but it's better than 2-14!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

GO RAMS!! What a fun win. I can't remember the last time they kicked anyone's ass. Even the Jags put up a better fight (like they did vs Denver). JJ Watt was totally shut down. I can't believe it. I hate the offense but Fisher realized they couldn't run spread and they are doing what they can with ground and pound. It's gonna suck being 8-8 forever but it's better than 2-14!

Daryl Richardson was part of the problem.

Seriously though anybody else at the pats game?

Boose

This is the life of a rams fan. :*(
But i'm not gonna complain on a day that we win and the redskins lose.

How is it you're rooting for the Rams, with an Indy avatar, while your tags lead to Houston related clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom