• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
Garrett said it was a MCL strain. Ware has a Quad strain.

Yea I figured it was from the press conference.

Murray being out is going to suck for the offense, not to mention his pass protection is pretty good. Good thing Cowboys have been using a lot of empty recently. A lot more pressure on the O line for sure.

The news about the D line just gets worse and worse. I wonder how long Ware will be out.

Narag

How is it you're rooting for the Rams, with an Indy avatar, while your tags lead to Houston related clips?

He used to be an Oiler fan who was disgusted by the road the Texans took so picked up the Rams, and much like Jeff Fisher wearing the Peyton jersey, hopped aboard with Indy too because he wanted to feel like a winner for a change.

cdyhybrid

He used to be an Oiler fan who was disgusted by the road the Texans took so picked up the Rams, and much like Jeff Fisher wearing the Peyton jersey, hopped aboard with Indy too because he wanted to feel like a winner for a change.

Don't forget that he abandoned the Rams when they were 1-3 but is back on the bandwagon now that they got to .500!

cashman

Banned
Back at .500, 8-8 still looking good, and still the king of shit mountain. Overall a positive week from the Cowboys. Safety play is still abysmal and they still can't cover Tight ends. Outside of Romo playing awesome again, I'm not really super confident of the Cowboys playing above mediocrity going forward.

How is it you're rooting for the Rams, with an Indy avatar, while your tags lead to Houston related clips?

medium_Sue_Orgrocki_AP_Sam_bradford.JPG

LJ11

Kiko Alonso had 22 tackles today!? What's the NFL record???

Also, he now leads the league in tackles and interceptions. Crazy.

And yet his missed tackles were the difference. Had trouble covering Gio out the backfield, being generous with the word trouble. More of an outside LB, I think.

Miguel

This is like back in the NFLGAF glory days. Texans a laughing stock and Mike Vick getting hurt while the Texans QB is on his way out...

Nick Foles to the Texans for two 2nd rounders.

squicken

e:

i'm sort of glad the rams have put together a couple wins. i would love for them to win enough games to justify extending sam bradford

I feel the same about Kap today. Hope he gets that $20m a year this offseason

Daryl Richardson was part of the problem.

?

It wasn't just Richardson, though he is not a good runner. It's hard to describe how poorly thought out the offense was. Cook would be in-line as a blocker and Tavon in the slot. Well, neither of those guys can block. So any handoff is futile. But Fisher wants balance no matter what, so they would try to run out of that and get in bad down and distance. Doesn't help that Bradford has been shaky in the pocket and Cook needs long developing routes to get open. Volumes have been written about Tavon's misuse. Same boat as the Pats with a bunch of young WRs running the wrong routes and dropping passes

At this point, the 3rd TE has and will get more snaps than either Cook or Austin b/c Fisher and Schotty don't know how to make an offense work with them on the field

e:
I feel the same about Kap today. Hope he gets that $20m a year this offseason

i would take kap at $20 mil/yr over bradford at vet minimum. kap has proven he can win games and win games in the playoffs. he is struggling at times now because there is no one open and the coaches have instructed him to not take any unnecessary hits so his run effectiveness is neutered (although he had a great run on 2nd and 20 to setup 3rd and inches, which we converted).

harbs knows QB's and knows he needs to surround kap with some playmakers. he did that this year and but for the freak injury to michael crabtree we would be in much better shape.

i don't blame bradford for all of his problems though. he reminds me a lot of alex smith. a bunch of coordinators, some early injury problems and just not much around him. if the rams find their harbaugh i would give bradford a punchers chance of having a decent NFL career. jeff fisher isn't the rams harbaugh

cashman

Banned
i would take kap at $20 mil/yr over bradford at vet minimum. kap has proven he can win games and win games in the playoffs. he is struggling at times now because there is no one open and the coaches have instructed him to not take any unnecessary hits so his run effectiveness is neutered (although he had a great run on 2nd and 20 to setup 3rd and inches, which we converted).

harbs knows QB's and knows he needs to surround kap with some playmakers. he did that this year and but for the freak injury to michael crabtree we would be in much better shape.

i don't blame bradford for all of his problems though. he reminds me a lot of alex smith. a bunch of coordinators, some early injury problems and just not much around him. if the rams find their harbaugh i would give bradford a punchers chance of having a decent NFL career. jeff fisher isn't the rams harbaugh
Does that make Tavon his Vernon Davis?

So with Demarco out for a while I'm fully expecting a panic move by Jerrah. Maybe trading for MJD?

Believe in Randle!

Bradford could have been really good, but after all his injuries, he's just too tentative and lacks the arm strength he had coming out of college. His passes are late and just sail out there, giving any half decent DB a chance to knock it down or make the immediate tackle

squicken

I wouldn't get too excited about whipping up on the Cards defense. They aren't that great and for some reason have no idea how to cover TEs. I agree with you about Harbs the QB whisperer, but why spend $20m on Kap when he can just find the next guy in the draft?

e:

I'll crap on Bradford but you 49ers are forgetting what he did to you in SF last year. That was one of the few games that Amendola was healthy and they tore up your defense as well as anyone until the injuries started. The most recent game was the worst of his career, no doubt. We'll see how it goes this year. I was certain the season was over a couple of weeks ago, but here we are. CAR and then SEA should be very tough to win games the next couple of weeks

I wouldn't get too excited about whipping up on the Cards defense. They aren't that great and for some reason have no idea how to cover TEs. I agree with you about Harbs the QB whisperer, but why spend $20m on Kap when he can just find the next guy in the draft?

wasn't too excited about what kap did today and i don't want to pay him $20 mil. just saying i would take kap over bradford 8 days a week even if the salaries were reversed.

i also think there is more to kaps foot injury than harbaugh is saying. he has appeared on the injury list every week since the seahawks game and harbaugh won't say anything about it.

p.s.

the 9 minute, 18 play, 89 yard drive to seal the game was the longest in the NFL this year. i love seeing that type of smash mouth football every now and again these days!

LJ11

It's rare to get meaningful answers from a player's post game interview, but Thad gave a couple of good answers today. Most players just give token explanations, but he did a good job addressing what he saw when he made a couple of key throws, seems like he's got it upstairs.

Pulling for this dude, seems like a nice guy on the surface, and he's got it upstairs. Maybe he can parlay this into a backup job for a few more years.

squicken

It's rare to get meaningful answers from a player's post game interview, but Thad gave a couple of good answers today. Most players just give token explanations, but he did a good job addressing what he saw when he made a couple of key throws, seems like he's got it upstairs.

Pulling for this dude, seems like a nice guy on the surface, and he's got it upstairs. Maybe he can parlay this into a backup job for a few more years.

Pat Shurmur always liked him. That's not a shot. Just that Shurmur just always saw something in him and took him to CLE from STL

exarkun

This was one of the most disappointing losses I have experienced as a Texan fan.The first few years sucking as ok since we were an expansion team, then we kind of got accustomed to Kubiak's special brand of...special. 2010 was the atrocious defense, but at least we had an offense that you could watch and have exciting plays happen.

Now, the offense is predictable and boring. The defense is beginning to show signs of really being tainted by the offenses shittiness and all around terrible play. So there is basically nothing to cheer for. Its like the 2008 and 2009 seasons, when the Texans cycle was in full effect and we thought we might make it to the postseason for the first time.

1 thing I know tho: Smokey was in those stands cheering when the injury happened!

squicken

One thing that is bugging me is the Houston players using the fan behavior as cover for their bad performance. They are all really eager to dump on the fans for the cameras but have little to say for their bad games. And of course they are getting away with it as everyone has HOU as the new Philly

Miguel

This was one of the most disappointing losses I have experienced as a Texan fan.The first few years sucking as ok since we were an expansion team, then we kind of got accustomed to Kubiak's special brand of...special. 2010 was the atrocious defense, but at least we had an offense that you could watch and have exciting plays happen.

Now, the offense is predictable and boring. The defense is beginning to show signs of really being tainted by the offenses shittiness and all around terrible play. So there is basically nothing to cheer for. Its like the 2008 and 2009 seasons, when the Texans cycle was in full effect and we thought we might make it to the postseason for the first time.

1 thing I know tho: Smokey was in those stands cheering when the injury happened!

Getting blasted on twitter for thinking that team doesn't believe in Schaub/Offence and confidence level teamwide is down, leading to bad play.

Yep, great defense suddenly turns to shit overnight 2 weeks in a row for absolutely no reason. That's definitely it.

RyanDG

Man, the Broncos didn't give me a lot to cheer about today. I'll take the W, but the only good thing that came out of this game is that it is the last one that we have to deal with not having Von Miller in the line up (please stay out of trouble now Miller). The offense was all sorts of screwed up. I have to wonder if Manny Ramirez bet against the line.

Patriots7

Guys. TomBrady literally made me question my sexuality after SAVING NE.

I had no faith. Then Talib went out. and I cried.

He also pulled off an awesome cardigan look.

Damn what a three game schedule our team has to endure. First KC, Seattle and next week 49ers.
We might need Vince Young since he was at QB when we beat the 49ers. I'm already missing Jake

cdyhybrid

Ah, Niners fans. When they aren't busy stabbing each other in bathroom stalls or parking lots, or drunkenly beating their families or crashing cars into buildings, they're doing the wave while a player is laying motionless on the field waiting for a stretcher to help him get off the field.

Nice to see that their CEO and players aren't as shitty as the people in the stands!

h1nch

Man, the Broncos didn't give me a lot to cheer about today. I'll take the W, but the only good thing that came out of this game is that it is the last one that we have to deal with not having Von Miller in the line up (please stay out of trouble now Miller). The offense was all sorts of screwed up. I have to wonder if Manny Ramirez bet against the line.

They were definitely sloppy on offense. Bad OLine play combined with a handful of drops, mostly by the running backs. Not sure if Manning's int was due to the pressure they were getting on him earlier, or if it was just a case of him not really respecting the Jags D. They'll have to clean that crap up next week or they're going to lose.

Still, a win is a win. Past Broncos teams (including early 2012 Broncos) would have probably lost today. Good teams still find a way to overcome sloppy play against crappy teams.

They were definitely sloppy on offense. Bad OLine play combined with a handful of drops, mostly by the running backs. Not sure if Manning's int was due to the pressure they were getting on him earlier, or if it was just a case of him not really respecting the Jags D. They'll have to clean that crap up next week or they're going to lose.

Still, a win is a win. Past Broncos teams (including early 2012 Broncos) would have probably lost today. Good teams still find a way to overcome sloppy play against crappy teams.

Manning said it was a bad decision by him trying to force that pass. Hopefully something good comes out of this. Maybe guys got complacent or they just played poorly, but hopefully this less then spectacular performance will get them to train even harder for next weeks game against Indy which should be a very tough game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Didn't kap have some absurd yards before contact stat last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom