• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobias

Banned
Thanks, I just got home and now I'm going to have nightmares of Weeden's weak ass INT all night long. :(
ku-xlarge.gif

What a play!

Manning said it was a bad decision by him trying to force that pass. Hopefully something good comes out of this. Maybe guys got complacent or they just played poorly, but hopefully this less then spectacular performance will get them to train even harder for next weeks game against Indy which should be a very tough game.

Yeah, I think he got impatient on that one. He had been trying to do short routes all game, but the defenders were getting there early or there were a lot of dropped balls (even if they were caught I'm not convinced any of them would have gone for very far). Hopefully they have a better game plan for future games as I can only imagine more teams trying to play a similar prevent D against the Broncos after this game.

I also hope Von's return betters the Pass defense. We're starting to turn every QB into MVPs :/

Tom Penny

I'd rather see him take the time he needs than break that arm again on the first play.

Of course, knowing our luck this year, he'll do both.

He's been getting hit and killing in practices for weeks. The season really begins now. Hopefully he shows up in at least one of the next 2 games considering their importance. Even if they ease him in in the Red area the 1st game he has to be accounted for.

Dragon

Banned
Yesterday was glorious.

Pats defense playing well even when Talib went down.

No more 'they've played no one' argument.

Sawx too!

TalibNologo.gif

Hope all the injuries aren't too bad. Danny/Mayo/Aqib are all needed.

I heard that Talib's isn't bad, Danny left with a head injury so I wouldn't expect him back next week. Not sure about Mayo.

KingGondo

Banned
Thanks, I just got home and now I'm going to have nightmares of Weeden's weak ass INT all night long. :(
I was having nightmares of the defense allowing 24 straight points.

Weeden played like ass in the second half, but you'd think he's the entire team with the way the Browns websites are talking.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Getting blasted on twitter for thinking that team doesn't believe in Schaub/Offence and confidence level teamwide is down, leading to bad play.

Yep, great defense suddenly turns to shit overnight 2 weeks in a row for absolutely no reason. That's definitely it.

uh this defense isn't or wasn't great. They were number 1 in yards, thats about it. They have 3 turnovers all year. They're probably last in red zone defense, i think they've gotten all of one stop on defense in the red zone.

Yesterday was glorious.

Pats defense playing well even when Talib went down.

No more 'they've played no one' argument.

Sawx too!
I tried to tell everyone this all the way back at the beginning of the season. The Pats have found sustained success because Belichick always finds a way to get the most of the guys available to him and Brady is good at winning games. Sure, they may not look as explosive with some of the guys they have on offense right now but they just find ways to win.

It's impressive but it also really, really sucks when you're a fan of a different team in the AFC East.

Dragon

Banned
I tried to tell everyone this all the way back at the beginning of the season. The Pats have found sustained success because Belichick always finds a way to get the most of the guys available to him and Brady is good at winning games. Sure, they may not look as explosive with some of the guys they have on offense right now but they just find ways to win.

It's impressive but it also really, really sucks when you're a fan of a different team in the AFC East.

Brady and Belichick will be gone in two to three years. Then we can go back to the Pats teams pre-Bledsoe that were a laughing stock.

But yeah I'd agree, just look at Ninkovich, I had no idea the guy couldn't even make the Saints as a long snapper? Fucking crazy story.

You don't give Kenbrell Thompkins 3:29.

Looking back at this thread since I was watching it at a friends house, this post stood out to me. jnc

Let's see what you're still made of Brady.

squicken

I was having nightmares of the defense allowing 24 straight points.

Weeden played like ass in the second half, but you'd think he's the entire team with the way the Browns websites are talking.

I mentioned this yesterday, but Weeden is just going to be the guy who takes all the heat for every failing of Holmgren, Lerner and Shurmur. Fans have decided to blame him for every thing that goes wrong or still needs to be fixed, and the front office is happy to let that happen. Weeden isn't good, but like you said, that defense has taken a step back

eznark

Banned
Happy birthday to Brandon Weeden. Not many NFL quarterbacks are still in the league at age 30. Quite an accomplishment. Be proud!

Too many people shitting on Patriots fans for leaving the game early. 1. There was a playoff baseball game, the game yesterday was an essentially meaningless game vs. the NFC. Who cares? 2. Have you been to Kraft World? There is one two lane highway that stretches through the middle of nowhere for like 5 miles. Getting out of that hellhole is a nightmare. If I assumed the game that I didn't really care about was pretty much over and if I left right now I'd have time to catch the opening pitch of the game I really, really, really care about I would leave too.

Miguel

uh this defense isn't or wasn't great. They were number 1 in yards, thats about it. They have 3 turnovers all year. They're probably last in red zone defense, i think they've gotten all of one stop on defense in the red zone.

RZ defense was usually masked by the fact we didn't let teams get there in the first place. 2nd half of SD game. Big stops late in the Titans game. Keeping the Chickens down til Schaub happened. The Ravens game has been completely blanked from my memory, but I think we were pretty bad in that game (based on the score).

Happy birthday to Brandon Weeden. Not many NFL quarterbacks are still in the league at age 30. Quite an accomplishment. Be proud!

Too many people shitting on Patriots fans for leaving the game early. 1. There was a playoff baseball game, the game yesterday was an essentially meaningless game vs. the NFC. Who cares? 2. Have you been to Kraft World? There is one two lane highway that stretches through the middle of nowhere for like 5 miles. Getting out of that hellhole is a nightmare. If I assumed the game that I didn't really care about was pretty much over and if I left right now I'd have time to catch the opening pitch of the game I really, really, really care about I would leave too.

I guess, but dude came into the league at 29. lol. Happy Birthday, Weeden. :p

Dragon

Banned

Yeah Rte 1 in Foxboro sucks worse than Big Bang Theory. You either have to leave the game early, or wait in traffic for an hour and a half. I expect after a game like that though that I wouldn't have minded. There's also trains to South Station and Providence which is what I would do if I lived in Boston. But those are clusterfucks too.

eznark

Banned
Yeah Rte 1 in Foxboro sucks worse than Big Bang Theory. You either have to leave the game early, or wait in traffic for an hour and a half. I expect after a game like that thought that I wouldn't have minded. There's also trains to South Station and Providence which is what I would do if I lived in Boston. But those are clusterfucks too.

It's a nightmare. I really don't get it. They built out that entire tourist trap (well, fan trap I guess is the better word for it?) but no one can get to it. Although, maybe that's the genius. Do tons of people go over to Bass Pro after the game to just wait out traffic? When I went to a game out there none of the retail had been finished.

bionic77

That sweet taste of first place was nice while it lasted.

I will never forget you Hoyer.
Its crazy that we are 1-4 and still in the division (at least mathematically, it will be tough to catch up to Cincy unless they totally fall apart and we win more than 1 game in 5).

My condolences on your lost season. I will always acknowledge that you guys would have won the division if Hoyer did not get hurt.

How many of them were actually going to the game? I am skeptical of that excuse. And I would rather watch a Thursday Night game in London between the Jaguars and the Saints than the World Series. Baseball is a shit sport.

Dragon

Banned
I hate when I accidentally prophesy something horrible.

Keep doing it!

It's a nightmare. I really don't get it. They built out that entire tourist trap (well, fan trap I guess is the better word for it?) but no one can get to it. Although, maybe that's the genius. Do tons of people go over to Bass Pro after the game to just wait out traffic? When I went to a game out there none of the retail had been finished.

They've finished all the bars and restaurants really, along with the retail spaces. So I'd imagine people stay around after the games now and add to the DUI count in the area.

Ugh, how do you pass up an easy field goal in 3-0 game. Such a bitter loss. On to next week I guess.

Also got to give props to Brady for that win. Way to show the doubters there's life after menopause.

Dragon

Banned
Red Sox fans are essentially the worst people in the world in my book. That said, they do love baseball.

There is no way Red Sox fans are worse than Philadelphia fans. They are definitely awful and my sister does have a pink hat :(

How many of them were actually going to the game? I am skeptical of that excuse. And I would rather watch a Thursday Night game in London between the Jaguars and the Saints than the World Series. Baseball is a shit sport.

Have you been to Gillette? It really is a fucking nightmare.

eznark

Banned
I'm convinced that no one who is killing Pats fans has ever even seen Gillette much less been there.

Ugh, how do you pass up an easy field goal in 3-0 game. Such a bitter loss. On to next week I guess.

Also got to give props to Brady for that win. Way to show the doubters there's life after menopause.

McCarthy essentially taunted Bestbaugh into it and he took the bait. Packers defense looked fucking sick aside from the safety falling down at the end of the game. They just went out and punched Baltimore in the mouth.

Boykins had a week with the first team to prepare, that game would've been a blowout. Boykins, Kuhn and Barclay are the only reasons that game we even close. Doom was sick.

I think Ni no Kuni and SMT IV might have ruined Pokemon for me. The game just feels so easy, simple, derivative, and soulless. I've only played through the first gym though, so hopefully it picks up.

squicken

ESPN QB Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/93442/nfl-week-6-quarterback-report

Cam Newton
Passer rating: 143.4
QBR: 91.7
Analysis: Newton admittedly faced the Minnesota Vikings' substandard pass defense, but he forced nothing and turned small windows into big gains with accurate passing and timely running. He completed eight passes at or behind the line of scrimmage, allowing his receivers to do the rest, but also had a big 79-yard touchdown pass to Brandon LaFell. That was one of five completions (in five attempts) on third down for 119 yards. Both of his undesigned scrambles went for first downs, including one touchdown. The Vikings, it should be noted, declined to blitz Newton as much as other opponents this season. He entered the game facing five or more rushers on a league-high 48.6 percent of his dropbacks, but the Vikings sent an extra rusher only 31 percent of the time Sunday.

Drew Brees
Passer rating: 75.7
QBR: 38.4
Analysis: Brees seemed unsettled by the Patriots' success in taking away tight end Jimmy Graham with physical one-on-one coverage. He missed on all six targets to Graham, one a ball he forced that was intercepted, and finished with a season-low 236 yards. Overall, he completed just 17 of 36 passes. It was only the seventh time in 174 career starts that Brees has completed fewer than 50 percent, according to pro-football-reference.com. Of his 36 passes, 32 came against the Patriots' standard rush. Maximum coverage seemed to work against Brees in this game. In his unsettled state, he also deserves some of the blame for the Saints' late game-management issues that left enough time for the Patriots' comeback.

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 98.5
QBR: 79.7
Briefly: With Marshawn Lynch in the lineup, Wilson had most of his success on play-action passes. He completed 13 of 17 such throws for 189 yards. As per his style, Wilson had more passing yards outside the pocket (142) than inside (115) and he converted five first downs on his 10 rushing attempts.

Tony Romo
Passer rating: 72.9
QBR: 42.8
Briefly: A week after throwing for 506 yards, Romo didn't need to be nearly as aggressive against the Washington Redskins. Of his 18 completions, 17 traveled 10 or fewer yards downfield -- largely due to good field position.

Brandon Weeden
Passer rating: 76.9
QBR: 41.2
Briefly: The Detroit Lions didn't get to Weeden much, but when they did, he reacted poorly. Of the eight dropbacks he was under duress, he threw two interceptions -- one on an inexplicable underhand flip -- and completed only two for 14 yards. Four of his five interceptions this season have come when under duress. More than half of his yards (147) came in the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom