• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
lol you think the steelers and giants are going to get rid of QBs with combined 4 superbowl victories?

better watch out, Seahawks might be the next team he squickens to.

Well eventually we have to prep for the next franchise qb. Ben and Eli are both in their 30s now. Who knows how long they last at a competitive. Good franchises know the right time so there isnt a decade of having a qb named Matt Schaub

squicken

Looks like Megatron still has a swollen knee and won't practice all week. Schwartz says game time decision but you gotta think something is pretty wrong if he misses another game

Colasante

Well eventually we have to prep for the next franchise qb. Ben and Eli are both in their 30s now. Who knows how long they last at a competitive. Good franchises know the right time so there isnt a decade of having a qb named Matt Schaub

I don't think it's 100% crazy to consider the feasibility of replacing Roethlisberger and Manning with Bridgewater, but I don't think it'd be in the best interests of the franchises. Even with how they are playing this year, I think both QBs are good enough that they could easily make 2-3 more Super Bowl runs if their supporting cast is upgraded. Whether that's with Clowney or a tackle like Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan I'm not sure, but I don't think the benefits of transitioning from Roethlisberger/Manning to Bridgewater would be seen until a few years down the line.

In other news, QB David Garrard is back. Signed with the Jets today.

jakncoke

Banned
I don't think it's 100% crazy to consider the feasibility of replacing Roethlisberger and Manning with Bridgewater, but I don't think it'd be in the best interests of the franchises. Even with how they are playing this year, I think both QBs are good enough that they could easily make 2-3 more Super Bowl runs if their supporting cast is upgraded. Whether that's with Clowney or a tackle like Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan I'm not sure, but I don't think the benefits of transitioning from Roethlisberger/Manning to Bridgewater would be seen until a few years down the line.

His back ok now?

MechDX

Zackary Stiles ‏@zastiles 19h
@LanceZierlein we all know the conservative kubiak complaints, do you think Gary gets even more conservative knowing schaubs current mindset

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 19h
@zastiles not sure how you couldn't if you are gary

How does Kubiak get more conservative? Punt on 3rd downs?

Draxal

Colts got rid of Manning

Steelers/Giants need so much oline help, its a completely different situation.

Hasn't Lewan's stock dropped this year? I thought he wasn't having a good year at all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like Megatron still has a swollen knee and won't practice all week. Schwartz says game time decision but you gotta think something is pretty wrong if he misses another game

0145379_15731_MC_Tx360.jpg

eznark

Banned
The only logical way to look at "is a QB worth it" is in terms of record because for the vast majority of teams the cap is irrelevant. Contracts in the NFL are so fungible as to be irrelevant in terms of opportunity costs.

As such, the ESPN article is essentially saying that every quarterback listed ahead of Rodgers would be as successful as Rodgers on the Packers, but do so for less money. I think that is ludicrously insane. Rodgers sucks, but he doesn't suck as bad as Poutface.

Reese and co have done a very poor job of restructuring recently, Snee and Baas also have huge cap hits because of it.
Eli was restructured 2-3 seasons ago? Made absolute sense to do so for a player that is all but guaranteed to be with the team when the team was in the need for cap relief and still had Super Bowl asperations (which they accomplished). Not to mention he's due for extension in 2015 but will likely get one this offseason. Baas and Snee? Yeah, poor decisions there but even then, cutting Snee next season results in 7 million worth of cap savings and a little under 4 million in dead money so it's not like it's raping our cap number for years.

Baas was a poor signing for the money they gave him right off the bat (one of the Reese's worst FA signings, IMO) in general but he's not going anywhere given there is almost no savings in cutting him next year and something like 8 million in dead money there. The year after? He's completely cuttable with little cap hit.

As such, the ESPN article is essentially saying that every quarterback listed ahead of Rodgers would be as successful as Rodgers on the Packers, but do so for less money. I think that is ludicrously insane. Rodgers sucks, but he doesn't suck as bad as Poutface.
It's just a stupid fucking article in general. Eli isn't worth 20 million this year which would be a great comment in contracts were yearly or done in a vacuum. They aren't. Eli got paid for helping to win Super Bowl 42. He went and helped with another one a few years. I highly doubt the Giants brass are upset with the money they gave him in the process.

bionic77

Yeah. Don't fall for it. They are a tire fire. Let me ask you this; would you take the Steelers in Chicago tonight?
I might. :lol

The Steelers have at least been competitive in their games.

Something about the Bears just smells wrong to me though. And the Giants are going to win eventually. I ended up taking the Bears but like most games this year that don't involve Seattle at home or Denver I don't feel great about it!

eznark

Banned
I might. :lol

The Steelers have at least been competitive in their games.

Something about the Bears just smells wrong to me though. And the Giants are going to win eventually. I ended up taking the Bears but like most games this year that don't involve Seattle at home or Denver I don't feel great about it!

The Giants have not played appreciably better than the Jaguars. They are the second worst team in football. You don't have to think the Bears are world beaters to be able to beat the Giants.

MechDX

I think the last two years of my conversations with Greg have mostly been he and I exchanging avatar responses. :jnc

I like both of your avatars but RBH's just goes with everything!

"Im going to burn my dick off!"
image.php

"Greg and Futures avatars are awesome!'
image.php

"Schaub is a good QB!"
image.php

jakncoke

Banned
Giants better win to improve Steelers chances of getting whoever they want! Someone needs to put a race to 1st pick pct of chances graph together. One of you white collar nerds that spends half your time "work" time on the internet should come up with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom