• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

How does Kubiak get more conservative? Punt on 3rd downs?

image.php

and where are those tracks headed?

Maybe a wild card, as shitty as the NFC is this year.

Have a feeling its going to be a high scoring game tonight. Bears are signing DT's off the street. I wish we would just sign Seymour.

No you don't.

Giants better win to improve Steelers chances of getting whoever they want! Someone needs to put a race to 1st pick pct of chances graph together. One of you white collar nerds that spends half your time "work" time on the internet should come up with it

If season ended today

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 0-4
2. New York Giants 0-5
3. Jacksonville Jaguars 0-5
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0-4
5. Carolina Panthers 1-3
6. Washington Redskins 1-3
7. Minnesota Vikings 1-3
8. Atlanta Falcons 1-4
9. St. Louis Rams 2-3
10. San Diego Chargers 2-3
11. Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
12. Oakland Raiders 2-3
13. Buffalo Bills 2-3
14. Houston Texans 2-3
15. Green Bay Packers 2-2
16. New York Jets 3-2
17. Cleveland Browns 3-2
18. Chicago Bears 3-2
19. Cincinnati Bengals 3-2
20. Miami Dolphins 3-2
21. Dallas Cowboys 2-3
22. Arizona Cardinals 3-2
23. San Francisco 49ers 3-2
24. Detroit Lions 3-2
25. Tennesee Titans 3-2
26. Baltimore Ravens 3-2
27. Indianapolis Colts 4-1
28. New England Patriots 4-1
29. Seattle Seahawks 4-1
30. Kansas City Chiefs 5-0
31. New Orleans Saints 5-0
32. Denver Broncos 5-0

MechDX

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!! Picking 14th!! You know what time it is!!

BWEVnPqCQAAr6f1.jpg

He would say "Fuck it! Give me #8 bitches and Ill make it rain!!"

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWEVnPqCQAAr6f1.jpg[img]

He would say "Fuck it! Give me #8 bitches and Ill make it rain!!"[/QUOTE]

serious question, do you actually want johnny manziel for the Texans?

Miguel

BWEVnPqCQAAr6f1.jpg

He would say "Fuck it! Give me #8 bitches and Ill make it rain!!"

I just realized
This summer is going to be Cougars, Aggies, and Longhorns fans fighting over who gets to QB the Texans. Meanwhile, North Carolina will win out eventually anyway.

ShaneB

Being a Seahawks fan is enough to write you off as a bad person but cheering for Bawston is icing on the cake.

Haha, well I don't mind the Red Sox because of how much I hate the Yankees. Given how terrible/mediocre the Blue Jays have been for 20 years, the Sox/Yankees rivalry is always fun, and I'm on the Sox side of that one.

As I said, it would be great to see the A's win it if they win tonight, so I'd be cheering for them against the Sox if they won.

MechDX

Oh my.....someone bumped an old thread from 2009 at a Texans fan forum I post at. members thought it was a new thread because the content of the OP was basically the same shit that is happening now and just added to the comments........the cycle lives on?

Draxal

No one thought it would hence why I gave you shit for wanting to tank.:)

At this point I'm just embracing the high pick.

Oh I thought we were going to be pretty bad, ignoring the offensive line like we did for so long with an older quarterback annoyed me, and years of holding onto Diehl and Snee and paying them like they were playing in 2008 (and even then Diehl was only average and not great like Snee was).

Mind you I thought we were like 2-4 bad and not 0-6 bad.

Oh I thought we were going to be pretty bad, ignoring the offensive line like we did for so long with an older quarterback annoyed me, and years of holding onto Diehl and Snee and paying them like they were playing in 2008 (and even then Diehl was only average and not great like Snee was).

Mind you I thought we were like 2-4 bad and not 0-6 bad.
I was ready for an 8-8 season and I think we all knew there were holes but I didn't expect to see them crash and burn as they have. There were games last season pointing to this (the big offensive slump for 4-5 games) but I expected a veteran coaching staff and QB to see our way to a better record than 0-5. This is historically bad football right now and while it goes without saying Reese made mistakes in thinking he could still draw more from an aging roster and ignoring elements as he has - I don't understand how they're playing this badly.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 53m

Something to watch tonight: Giants are one of two teams in NFL history to allow 30+ points in each of its first 5 games (1954 Cardinals) ...

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 53m

... But no team in NFL history has ever allowed 30+ points in each of its first six games of the season. #NYG

....more history to be made tonight, folks!

bionic77

I still don't understand how the Giants lost 108-0 against the Panthers. Not even the Jags are that bad!

And with hot shit the league is right now i can definitely see a 7-9 or maybe even a 6-10 SB champion this year.

Draxal

I was ready for an 8-8 season and I think we all knew there were holes but I didn't expect to see them crash and burn as they have. There were games last season pointing to this (the big offensive slump for 4-5 games) but I expected a veteran coaching staff and QB to see our way to a better record than 0-5. This is historically bad football right now and while it goes without saying Reese made mistakes in thinking he could still draw more from an aging roster and ignoring elements as he has - I don't understand how they're playing this badly.

....more history to be made tonight, folks!

I think there were other warning signs as well, the Falcons/Bengals/Ravens games last year were just complete ass stompings.

I've given Fewell alot of shit in the past, but as much as the defense sucks that record is more on our offense turning it over nonstop (and our shittastic special teams). Not that our defense is even mediocre, but it's not the worst defense of all time.

bionic77

I wonder if LeBeau is around next year. Dude is not human. He is like 200 years old and looks like he is in better shape than 95% of GAF.

No one is going to miss Haley. I can't see him being here next year but then that begs the question of who we bring in? You can bring in Bill fucking Walsh but even he can't just manufacture a run game when the line sucks (and for much of that time the backs). Interested to see what direction ownership and the GM go in.

MechDX

I wonder if LeBeau is around next year. Dude is not human. He is like 200 years old and looks like he is in better shape than 95% of GAF.

No one is going to miss Haley. I can't see him being here next year but then that begs the question of who we bring in? You can bring in Bill fucking Walsh but even he can't just manufacture a run game when the line sucks (and for much of that time the backs). Interested to see what direction ownership and the GM go in.

Hopefully Kubiak will be available for an OC position. My money would be he goes back to Denver to be Elways lapdog again though

Draxal

Refresh again, Bionic.;)

Fewell is gone at the end of this season, regardless of the outcome. Last year of his contract and unless there's a massive turn around we're going to see Coughlin forced into making coordinator changes if he doesn't just outright retire.

I think Coughlin is gone myself, he's not getting rid of Gilbride, and Gilbride/Flaherty have a lot to do with this debacle; and we all know Snee is done.

It's the price to be paid for refreshing a champiosnhip team. It's a GM's dilemma - reload vs. rebuild.

Reese/Ross have had a lot of misses in the draft, and there are just positions with zero talent right now (Tight End, Olinemen, Linebackers).

But for the most part you are definitely right.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-350705/

In addition to Manning, whose salary cap figure of $20.85 million is the NFL’s highest, the lavish deals given to guard Chris Snee and safety Antrel Rolle mean almost one third of the team’s salary cap space is allocated to three players.

When the salaries of veteran defensive ends Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka, cornerback Corey Webster and center David Baas are added to that, the seven players account for roughly half of the Giants’ $123 million payroll. No team spends a higher percentage of its salary cap on its seven best-paid players according to Spotrac, a website that compiles salary data on all 32 NFL teams

As bad as Manning as played this year, he's closer to performing to his value than any other player besides Rolle and Webster on that list.

Anyhoo, going to watch Teddy Heisman murder my Scarlet Knights tonight. While I don't think the Giants will go qb (I think they'll try to trade down and grab Matthews), I almost would consider it.

Giants fans, something to bounce off you..think maybe Coughlin has checked out? He's getting up there, and he's won two Super Bowls in 4 years. The year after Cowher finally won all of his fight and desire left him and you could see it on him walking the sidelines.

bionic77

Giants fans, something to bounce off you..think maybe Coughlin has checked out? He's getting up there, and he's won two Super Bowls in 4 years. The year after Cowher finally won all of his fight and desire left him and you could see it on him walking the sidelines.
His team needs more talent. Tough to get bums to play well in the NFL.

I think Coughlin is gone myself, he's not getting rid of Gilbride, and Gilbride/Flaherty have a lot to do with this debacle; and we all know Snee is done.

Reese/Ross have had a lot of misses in the draft, and there are just positions with zero talent right now (Tight End, Olinemen, Linebackers).

But for the most part you are definitely right.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-350705/

That's what I mean with the GM's dilemma though. Rebuild vs. Reload - i'm sure the mentality is different drafting to sustain a team rather than to put one together.

I've been thinking about this a while, Belichick, Colbert, Reese, Polian - all these guys have proven they know how to build a team, but have struggled maintaining one. Either they all lost it, or years of winning leads to inevitable decline. Late first round picks means you get B's and C's instead of A's and A+'s. Injury kills you, you're beholden to players who you've guaranteed millions to for a set term...

Draxal

I don' think he's checked out, look as his press conference before the Chiefs game where he must goes through all of the tendencies of the Chiefs, the man still clearly loves football.

I just think his biggest fault is stubborness, and his failure to adapt to a newer game, Giants are still playing Air Coryell and are using running plays where are offensive line has no chance to complete the blocks.

And their offensive qc is beyond horrible now. It's second and 10, it's going to be a shotgun draw 99% of the time.

I mean, you haven't read Coughlin bitch about the 15 practices in training camp forever, but the other 31 coaches in the NFL have to deal with the same thing.

From the article:

The Giants allowed productive contributors such as tight end Martellus Bennett, defensive tackle Chris Canty and linebacker Michael Boley to depart in free agency.
Cullen Jenkins has far outperformed Canty thus far. He has a whopping 8 tackles for Baltimore right now. DT is actually one of the few bright spots on this team.

Boley? Boley was absolute TRASH in 2012. Trash is being kind.

Both decisions were the right ones to make. Bennett? Yeah there's a point to be made there.

Draxal

From the article:

Cullen Jenkins has far outperformed Canty thus far. He has a whopping 8 tackles for Baltimore right now. DT is actually one of the few bright spots on this team.

Boley? Boley was absolute TRASH in 2012. Trash is being kind.

Both decisions were the right ones to make. Bennett? Yeah there's a point to be made there.

Boley was horrible in 2012 and way worse as a person, and Jenkins is an upgrade over Canty. But the top 7 paid performers ... is a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom