• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way they are firing Tomlin unless there is something seriously wrong with his personality that we don't know about.

If they continue with this 0 fer slide for a serious length of time, I think they put the option on the table. But, I do think they go after Colbert, Haley etc. first. Lebeau probably retires.

Watched that CTE show finally. Just wow.
People need to know about the risks involved with playing football. Im sure a great many would still choose to play, just like people smoke knowing it can lead to lung cancer and other things, but at least it would be available knowledge. thats where the NFL went wrong.
I had 2 concussions this year playing amateur football, most of the team I play with know the risks but still choose to play. I'll say I'm done tho, getting married this year and starting a new stage of my life I can't risk the long term effects.

If they continue with this 0 fer slide for a serious length of time, I think they put the option on the table. But, I do think they go after Colbert, Haley etc. first. Lebeau probably retires.

Only person I think goes is Lebeau. He'll step aside for Butler. Unless this whole real estate thing blows up I doubt Haley gets the axe.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like to live in an imaginary world where Ray Horton doesn't get poached away to be a head coach next season. :(

bionic77

Just say it's inferior to the HTC One. Once you admit that to yourself it'll make the rest much easier to deal with.
Don't have an HTC One. But I can compare it to my nephew's Galaxy S4.

Also, don't be a phone wars bitch. They are all just phones and they all do the same shit for the most part.

PFF looks at adjusted accuracy rating for QBs

HINT: Peyton Manning's percentage is astronomical

Drops, batted passes, spikes, throwaways, and passes where the quarterback was hit as he was throwing all negatively impact completion percentage, but are also all highly random events. So while you’re getting a cut and dried relationship between completions and attempts, you’re not getting an accurate measure of performance.

To solve this, PFF offers Accuracy Percentage. The formula is as follows:

Accuracy% = (Completions + Drops) / (Attempts – TA – BP – Spikes – HAT)

Accuracy Percentage is basically how accurate a quarterback is on passes that target and reach a receiver. Now that you know how it works let’s check out the top performers.

Little nuggets on Wussy and Kaep
What happened to Russell Wilson? Last season his 77.1 Acc% bested the likes of Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady while this year he’s fallen to the fourth-worst percentage. Thankfully for them, Seattle is still 4-1 without their quarterbacks ‘A’ game. It is worrisome, though, that against the three best teams Seattle has faced (49ers, Texans, Colts) Wilson didn’t crack 60% Accuracy in any of them. Similar concerns apply to Colin Kaepernick whose Acc% has dropped 9.3 percentage points from last year. Kaepernick’s accuracy struggles have been especially apparent in his deep passing. His league-leading 60.6 Acc% on throws over 20 yards in 2012 has dropped to a pedestrian 30% this season.

eznark

Banned
Know what sucks? iOS 7. It's rendered my ipad almost unusable for work. It randomly freezes and restarts making it worthless for meetings and it's slow as fuck now. Super laggy, scrolling is hitchy, it's ugly as fuck. Just the worst. Fuck you Jobs for being dead and allowing this product to come out.

Meier

WTF, I know he was always jacked when he was a player, but Michael Pittman is unreal. I'm sure he's probably using HGH or something but this is RIDICULOUS! He lives out in California and is apparently a coach on his youngest kid's football team. His boys are monsters.. have a feeling we'll be hearing about them as big time recruits in the coming years.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1234565_10200705037770912_186388098_n.jpg

(not gonna embed it because it's unfair)

MikeGarafolo
Filing to @FOXSports1: Cultures taken from Buccaneers G Carl Nicks are once again showing MRSA in his foot. Believed to be a reoccurrence.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/388387155665371136

yikes.

FUCK! I hope this gets worked out for him and not just for football's sake but his health in general. My grandpa had a knee replacement and ended up getting infected with MRSA so they had to remove the artificial knee for sometime. After awhile, they put in a new nee and the infection returned. Ultimately they had to amputate below his leg due to the toll the MRSA had taken on him during his lengthy hospital stay. He ended up dying due to the complications and general health issues. Spent his last year in the hospital essentially. :(

Vyer

Magic taking the Lakers vs Celtics thing too far.

Know what sucks? iOS 7. It's rendered my ipad almost unusable for work. It randomly freezes and restarts making it worthless for meetings and it's slow as fuck now. Super laggy, scrolling is hitchy, it's ugly as fuck. Just the worst. Fuck you Jobs for being dead and allowing this product to come out.

Got a 3? It is working fine on my 5s and mini.

Spinluck

iOS7 has been fucking most iPhone 4 and 4s users in the ass in the battery life department. I guess that's Apples punishment for the poors refusing to upgrade.

I cannot stand the horrid default ringtones iOS7 has. They make you want to punch someone in the face, which means ae Pats fan must have composed them. But these are just petty nitpicks. My friend got the 5s, and I must say it is really nice.

I bought my brother a Nexus 4 for his birthday. Mainly so I can get my hands on it, not because I care about him (he's a Jets fan). I liked what I saw, the camera is noticeably worse than my S3 which I expected. Stock Android ain't too bad. I also preferred my screen, but I'll probably hate it when burn in rears its ugly head. So if Google can nail this next phone, I'll gladly buy it. That value is awesome!

bionic77

iOS7 has been fucking most iPhone 4 and 4s users in the ass in the battery life department. I guess that's Apples punishment for the poors refusing to upgrade.

I cannot stand the horrid default ringtones iOS7 has. They make you want to punch someone in the face, which means ae Pats fan must have composed them. But these are just petty nitpicks. My friend got the 5s, and I must say it is really nice.

I bought my brother a Nexus 4 for his birthday. Mainly so I can get my hands on it, not because I care about him (he's a Jets fan). I liked what I saw, the camera is noticeably worse than my S3 which I expected. Stock Android ain't too bad. I also preferred my screen, but I'll probably hate it when burn in rears its ugly head. So if Google can nail this next phone, I'll gladly buy it. That value is awesome!
New Nexus was just announced.

KingGondo

Banned
Rick Reilly is dumb:
Last month, ESPN's Rick Reilly came out in support of the Redskins' name. The backbone of his argument? Father-in-law Bob Burns, a Blackfeet elder, who supposedly said he doesn't care about the team name. Burns has written a response for Indian Country Today Media Network, and oh man.

Here's Burns:

So you can imagine my dismay when I saw my name and words used to defend the racist Washington Redskins name. My son-in-law, ESPN’s Rick Reilly, completely misunderstood the conversation we had, quoting me as saying “the whole issue is so silly. The name just doesn't bother me much. It's an issue that shouldn't be an issue, not with all the problems we've got in this country."

But that’s not what I said.

What I actually said is that “it’s silly in this day and age that this should even be a battle — if the name offends someone, change it.” He failed to include my comments that the term “redskins” demeans Indians, and historically is insulting and offensive, and that I firmly believe the Washington Redskins should change their name.

When Rick’s article came out, it upset me to be portrayed as an “Uncle Tom” in support of this racial slur. I asked him to correct the record. He has not, so I must do it myself.
http://deadspin.com/rick-reillys-american-indian-father-in-law-says-reilly-1443599450/@barryap

I had 2 concussions this year playing amateur football, most of the team I play with know the risks but still choose to play. I'll say I'm done tho, getting married this year and starting a new stage of my life I can't risk the long term effects.
Are they aware that the risks might be similar even if they have never had a full-blown concussion?

Just wondering.

His dad is the receivers coach so it makes sense from that standpoint. Might as well let father and son be together while we tank.

Who knows, he may actually be serviceable. Hell, Ryan made Michael Jenkins look like a receiver at times.

Extremely doubtful, guy was garbage both in Cleveland and Miami. Sure, neither offensive was exactly high powered, but this guy flat out ran horrible routes, would not block, gave up on multiple occasions and when you can't make those two receiving corps you have problems. Even a good QB like Ryan won't save this bum.

Figures Daddy needs to bail him out to give him one less chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom