• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucs D is decent and def much improved since last season.

At home after a bye and most likely playing against Foles so they don't have to worry about a dual threat QB.

Now of course Foles could play lights out but you never know. Plus Eagles D is atrocious.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bucs won. In fact I do think they and the Steelers both win this weekend.

There's a reason why the Bucs are winless. Their defense will keep the game close, but their offense is the worst and that's why the Eagles will win on Sunday.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
1381464800514_zps35bfcbe0.gif

I know gonna hurt so much more that I am going to the game.

squicken

oh-boy.gif

Also, I'm starting to feel like even with the Giants being absolute garbage, their fans' feelings won't be as crushed as ours this year.

I wanted to enjoy the suffering :-(

I can only hope this means Eli's career being cut short.

That's a Dutch gif ... hmm ... how do you feel about Chelsea soccer squadron?

sonicmj1

So the o line is shit and the defense barely exists. What can fix this Giants team? What went wrong?

The biggest weaknesses on the Giants have gotten weaker faster than they've been able to be repaired.

The Giants defense has been a kind of paper tiger for years, with the linebacker core gradually weakening due to the loss of veteran talent and the secondary constantly being decimated by injuries. We used to make up for that with a good pass rush, but our formerly scary linemen are either gone or aging, and the young talent hasn't made itself apparent. Meanwhile, the acquisitions meant to cover our biggest holes (like Dan Connors or Ryan Mundy) got hurt and exposed our lack of depth.

The offensive line is a similar story. A once-great unit got old, and one or two decent pickups isn't enough to fix that, especially once injuries mess things up more.

This game was actually somewhat close, so maybe we won't lose every game, but fixing things for the long-term is going to take time. We have replacement-level players at an alarming number of positions on both sides of the ball.

Best thing about this is that the shitty obnoxious Giant fans that I know have been aabsolutely silent the entire season. Its like tthe NFL doesnt exist!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So the o line is shit and the defense barely exists. What can fix this Giants team? What went wrong?
The biggest problem we have is that our draft picks outside of the first round have not contributed.

From the 2008 draft only Terrell Thomas is left and he's still here because he had major knee surgeries in 2 consecutive years.

The 2009 draft yielded Hakeem Nicks, Will Beatty, Ramses Barden and Andre Brown. Nicks and Beatty are starters tho Nicks may be gone after this year. Barden is a 0 and Brown is always hurt so he never plays. We actually cut him and brought him back much later.

We only have JPP and Linval Joseph left from the 2010 draft. JPP is a shell of himself already due to injuries. Joseph is awesome tho.

Even if you look at last years draft, only 1 player is contributing and its Randle who is making tons of mental mistakes.

We have minimal talent, and even that is eroding via free agency and general attrition. The best and only course of action is for the Giants to shed salary this offseason and draft some solid ccontributors at every level.

The biggest problem we have is that our draft picks outside of the first round have not contributed.

From the 2008 draft only Terrell Thomas is left and he's still here because he had major knee surgeries in 2 consecutive years.

The 2009 draft yielded Hakeem Nicks, Will Beatty, Ramses Barden and Andre Brown. Nicks and Beatty are starters tho Nicks may be gone after this year. Barden is a 0 and Brown is always hurt so he never plays. We actually cut him and brought him back much later.

We only have JPP and Linval Joseph left from the 2010 draft. JPP is a shell of himself already due to injuries. Joseph is awesome tho.

Even if you look at last years draft, only 1 player is contributing and its Randle who is making tons of mental mistakes.

We have minimal talent, and even that is eroding via free agency and general attrition. The best and only course of action is for the Giants to shed salary this offseason and draft some solid ccontributors at every level.
Im surprised at how far JPPs performance has plummeted. He went from being one of the most impactful defensive players in the league to seemingly invisible from what I can tell.

Kevin Greene on Mike Neals switch to OLB:
“I know I’ve really been knocking at that door for a couple years, saying, ‘You know, this guy may be able to play a little outside linebacker.’ Because of his explosability and his athletic ability. So I’ve been thinking for a while that if I could put my hands on him, he could do it."

EXPLOSABILITY! Gotta use that on Sunday

jakncoke

Banned
There won’t be a blackout in Buffalo this weekend.

The Bills got a 24-hour extension from the NFL to sell more than 5,000 non-premium tickets to Sunday’s game against the Bengals, which would allow them to avoid a local television blackout.

Bills going to be blacked out ?

awesome-air-hump-o.gif

“Mr. Wilson has generously guaranteed the purchase of the remaining tickets for this weekend’s game,”

iN96b6AMSgr3W.gif

WHY WONT YOU JUST FUCKING DIE RALPH

edit; today i learn t.inypic.com is a banned site on neogaf

1.red sox
2.celtics/pats
4.john cena
5.bruins

thats the order. love them all or leave them all, cant pick and chose like bionic and his lakers/steelers/yankees combo

1. Pats
2. Bruins
3. Sox
4. Celtics (But this is because he NBA sucks and Pierce is gone :( )
5. Ben Affleck

Bowser

Great Grantland article talking about this: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/77669/the-new-york-football-injured-giants

Also Giants fans, how did Beason look last night? Didn't get to watch the game but happy to see him get the start.

Bowser

Good article by Barnwell on Cam: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9806344/bill-barnwell-carolina-panthers-offense

It remains to be seen what that contract will look like. To some extent, your current contract value in the NFL is dictated by your draft class and previous salary, but this is an extreme case. While the likes of Matthew Stafford got mammoth "second" contracts because their rookie deals were already so large, there's no obvious need to push Newton's compensation to that level. The Panthers could try to establish a new class of draft players by offering Newton a deal that's somewhere between his rookie deal and the second contracts offered to the Staffords of the world. The league certainly hopes that's the case, since such a move would save franchises tons more money over the next set of deals for their young talent. I suspect that it's a line the Panthers will try to toe before giving up; Newton's just too valuable, and he'll look better a year from now than he does today. Panthers fans would be well advised to wait on Newton; he's the guy holding up a middling offense, not the other way around.

Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom