• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Slightly, but it's a terrible throw regardless. I'd argue that shading inside was smart as he was splitting the safeties but it doesn't look like he did it intentionally to me. Either way he would have had to extend to make the catch eliminating any YAC. It's a dead simple throw and one he should have made.

I seriously do not understand peoples need to defend Eli Manning. It's baffling. Every other quarterback gets slaughtered on every interception whether or not it was tipped, batted or a route was run incorrectly yet Eli is fucking Teflon. It's insanity.

lol holy shit

It's the same thing with Brady. People perceive them as perfect, therefore it is the fault of others when things break down.

I don't know if it's a symptom of the league's focus on building QB brands to sell the league or just a case of idol worship.

I seriously do not understand peoples need to defend Eli Manning. It's baffling. Every other quarterback gets slaughtered on every interception whether or not it was tipped, batted or a route was run incorrectly yet Eli is fucking Teflon. It's insanity.
From the Giants fan perspective, it's the general lack of respect Eli has gotten when he has been good or carried the team. So there is a need to compensate when he's playing poorly.

Listen, I'm a damned Eli homer. You won't find a bigger fan of the guy but I'm not going to deny what he is. He's always been that Favre-esque gunslinger so you get the good with the bad. That pass would not have been tipped it was thrown a few inches lower. It's a bad pass. I don't even know how you argue it's not but whatever.

jakncoke

Banned
Just a heads up, TMZ is reporting incorrect information, it's not AP Jr who is in the hospital in Sioux Falls, it's [name withheld, but the child's last name isn't Peterson].

I live here in Sioux Falls and have been kept up to date via friends of [the child's] mom....

lol just because the last name isnt Peterson doesnt mean its not his kid. its not a law for the mother to write the dads last name or even any of his name on the birth certificate(at least not in pa). also "friends of the childs mom" that sounds like like some random 3rd party trying to sound important, probably a crazy cat lady

Miguel

When you search things on the internet.. you always find something odd...

Cam-Newton-Is-A-Fairy-500x625.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
There football fans with access to the internet that hasnt seen that?

Miguel totally searched google image with the search terms "cam newton is gay"

No position gets excuses made for them more than QB.

Tom Penny

QB is the most important player on the team and their play directly correlates to more wins and losses than any other position. They deserve the credit and the blame.

eznark

Banned
South Korea has mandatory military service for a reason.

If they weren't afraid of North Korea, then they could stop the regime without worrying about a hail of artillery fire raining down on Seoul.

Ok, so no real countries are afraid of North Korea.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Great Grantland article talking about this: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/77669/the-new-york-football-injured-giants

Also Giants fans, how did Beason look last night? Didn't get to watch the game but happy to see him get the start.
Finally read this, thanks for linking as it is at least an informative article. I was unaware of all of the knee injuries.

Reese does love taking reclamation projects for some reason - guys that would have been top of their draft class but get hurt and drop.

Whatever, at this point I just want some talent on the team aside from Cruz and Nicks. They're the only 2 players that I am convinced could start on any other team in the league (except the falcons obviously).

tmdorsey

The biggest problem we have is that our draft picks outside of the first round have not contributed.

Falcon fans know this problem very well.

It was the same thing everyone was saying about Vick as a Falcon. he had no receivers no OL etc. (Roddy played with him)

But he didn't have any receivers and the O-Line was at best average. He was throwing to Peerliss Price, Michael Jenkins and Roddy. Roddy was NOT the same receiver back then that he has been in recent years.

squicken

Wasn't there talk last year of Eli having a tired arm? Is it possible he's just dealing with age related decline? Eli has always been more of a downfield passer than Peyton and Brady, and he's relied on great anticipation to make up for a average arm. Maybe now those back footers just don't get there like they used to, and he's had to adjust his motion to generate more power, leading to all the misfires?

The Giants may need to adjust the offense or Eli needs to dedicate himself to conditioning and trips to German health clinics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom