• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

TX Cleaver ‏@TXCleaver 19m
If I'm reading these tweets right, the Texans QB depth chart used to be Schaub, Yates, Daniels, Lechler, Keenum.

Kubiak trolling the entire Texans fan base.

Why carry 3 QB's on the 53 man roster if your punter is the emergency QB?

jakncoke

Banned
uC2hkJi.jpg

On the bright side...
I got nothing.

Girl on left >>> girl on right

Lunchbox

Banned
should i trade my dez bryant for jamal charles? guy with charles had julio jones and needs a receiver and i picked up ty hilton and amendola as backups

im hesitant. ill have to weight the deal with other scrubs but its mainly dez for charles

Vire

should i trade my dez bryant for jamal charles? guy with charles had julio jones and needs a receiver and i picked up ty hilton and amendola as backups

im hesitant. ill have to weight the deal with other scrubs but its mainly dez for charles
Who are your current Running backs?

Vire

mccoy and sproles. so it would be charles and mccoy with cobb and ______ (dez replacement hilton/amendola)

Ehhh I dunno. Seems like your team is already pretty good, Hilton/Amendola is kinda a big downgrade.

Amendola hasn't done shit this year (he's sitting on my bench in favor of Jordy Nelson for the flex spot) and Hilton is really inconsistent (he can have a huge game or 4 points).

At least with Dez, you are guaranteed some consistency. Charles is obviously way better than Sproles, but Sproles is a decent flex. I say stick with what you got.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yes I know but with the way things have been shaking down why not just have Case active? Schaub falters, TJ gets hurt you put lechler in?

you put Schaub back in, in that case.

Who are you going to inactivate to have Keenum active? Keenum's not playing special teams, so you're wasting a spot.

This MRSA shit isn't anything to take lightly. My mom got a MRSA infection in a cut in her leg and got baseball sized abcess that had to be cut out. Shit is scary as fuck.

Striker

The Giants may need to adjust the offense or Eli needs to dedicate himself to conditioning and trips to German health clinics
There is definite talk among Giant fans that the offense needs adjusted, and that's with Gilbride's option routes. How many times do you see a Giants game and there's an incompletion or a turnover and it's discussed how the receiver and Manning are not on the same page. Be it Randle, Nicks, Bennett, whoever. It's happened too many times. And there's an abundance amount of down field passes so over the past 10 years they weren't using a lot of screens, slants, or quick hitches.

To me I'm ready for new schemes on both offense and defense. The offense struggled last year because they had Bradshaw in with his broken down feet and only one legitimate WR with Cruz as Coughlin played Nicks despite playing on a bad foot. Randle wasn't used more because he wasn't picking up the offense (hello!) and Hixon was injured.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jeez David Wilson said he might have spinal stenosis

that's what forced the Older Manning Brother to give up football back in College.

This MRSA shit isn't anything to take lightly. My mom got a MRSA infection in a cut in her leg and got baseball sized abcess that had to be cut out. Shit is scary as fuck.

Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age brought up him having MRSA a few years ago, on Marc Maron's most recent podcast. He basically died and was brought back.

Colasante

Patriots DT Tommy Kelly ruled out for Sunday's game against the Patriots. Starting DTs will be 6th round pick of the Texans Chris Jones, who was cut in training camp, and rookie UDFA Joe Vellano. Excellent! Now the Saints will be able to choose whether they want to destroy the Patriots via the air or the ground. Last time Brees played the Patriots he had a perfect passer rating. Can he do it again?

Patriots DT Tommy Kelly ruled out for Sunday's game against the Patriots. Starting DTs will be 6th round pick of the Texans Chris Jones, who was cut in training camp, and rookie UDFA Joe Vellano. Excellent! Now the Saints will be able to choose whether they want to destroy the Patriots via the air or the ground. Last time Brees played the Patriots he had a perfect passer rating. Can he do it again?
Yes. I just watched Dr. Strangelove for the first time beginning to end the other night. Great movie. I don't think there is one Kubrick movie I don't like.

There is a FF thread you dumb mother fucker. Use it!

Ps

I would take Charles for dez

"I plan on playing Sunday," he said. "I will be playing Sunday, correct that. I'll be ready to roll, focused. I'm worried about getting a W on Sunday, being 1-0... You know, football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times. Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me and just being able to go out and play this game I love. Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing."

The kid is lying braindead in a hospital somewhere after being nearly beaten to death and is most likely going to be taken off of life support any minute now, and AD is worried about that W on Sunday. Stay classy AD

cdyhybrid

"I plan on playing Sunday," he said. "I will be playing Sunday, correct that. I'll be ready to roll, focused. I'm worried about getting a W on Sunday, being 1-0... You know, football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times. Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me and just being able to go out and play this game I love. Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing."

The kid is lying braindead in a hospital somewhere after being nearly beaten to death and is most likely going to be taken off of life support any minute now, and AD is worried about that W on Sunday. Stay classy AD

Crawl back into your hole, Junior.

cdyhybrid

lol seriously? no one else thinks that is incredibly fucked up?

You're gonna tell the man how he should be feeling after his son was basically murdered? Come on. If that's the best way for him to deal with it, what's the problem? Would you prefer he hunted down the guy and beat him to death?

I don't see any possibility of the Chiefs losing this weekend, not at home. Having said that, we can't sustain this trend more than another couple of weeks.

The Texans on the 20th could be tough, unless Schaub turns into MVP for the Chiefs (highly likely).

Starting on 17 Nov, we have Denver-SD-Denver consecutively. I think we lose two of those. We might take Denver at home to close that sequence out, but I'm doubtful. Their defense looks shaky, but our offense isn't exactly blowing down any doors. And no matter how stellar our secondary looks, Peyton will likely carve us up.

You're gonna tell the man how he should be feeling after his son was basically murdered? Come on. If that's the best way for him to deal with it, what's the problem? Would you prefer he hunted down the guy and beat him to death?

Dude he is prioritizing a fucking practice over the last few hours he could have spent with his son who probably won't live past today. I mean the dude showed up to practice today!! WTF! I'd prefer he actually give a shit that his son was beaten to death, not smile for the camera's talking about getting a W Sunday. I lost a ton of respect for him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom