• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Now Buccaneers are confirming that a third player has been diagnosed with MRSA.

Damn Bucs. Clean your place up!

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3m
Andre Johnson says he does not care if Cortland Finnegan plays or not. #Texans

No Dre vs Innegan Rd. 2

Godslay

Banned
Could be way off, but I have a feeling the Raiders are going to give the Chiefs a run for their money this weekend. If the Raiders play a clean game, I could even see them winning.

Wasn't there talk last year of Eli having a tired arm? Is it possible he's just dealing with age related decline? Eli has always been more of a downfield passer than Peyton and Brady, and he's relied on great anticipation to make up for a average arm. Maybe now those back footers just don't get there like they used to, and he's had to adjust his motion to generate more power, leading to all the misfires?

The Giants may need to adjust the offense or Eli needs to dedicate himself to conditioning and trips to German health clinics

Haven't watched many Giants games this year but I notice throughout the years that when the pressure starts getting to Eli the first thing to go is his footing. When he steps into his throws he still has the same zip.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wasn't there talk last year of Eli having a tired arm? Is it possible he's just dealing with age related decline? Eli has always been more of a downfield passer than Peyton and Brady, and he's relied on great anticipation to make up for a average arm. Maybe now those back footers just don't get there like they used to, and he's had to adjust his motion to generate more power, leading to all the misfires?

The Giants may need to adjust the offense or Eli needs to dedicate himself to conditioning and trips to German health clinics
Impossible.

Thats what really kills me about this whole shit. It wasnt long ago that through conversation with FV and Striker we were all lamenting Eli being another year older and closer to retirement. Its a wasted year that brings us closer to having to find that franchise QB again.

Could be way off, but I have a feeling the Raiders are going to give the Chiefs a run for their money this weekend. If the Raiders play a clean game, I could even see them winning.

It depends on if the chiefs can get Pryor on tilt, I don't think the stadium trying to break the sound record is doing him any favors. Get Pryor on tilt and the rest of the offense crumbles.

Hunter S.

In my recent memory Raiders-AFC West games are always hard fought battles unless they are playing the Broncos. Before Peyton, the Broncos even struggled to beat them consistently. I see no reason to think this will not be close and full of aggression as usual.

I am kind of dissapointed it is on during Denver's game.

squicken

Haven't watched many Giants games this year but I notice throughout the years that when the pressure starts getting to Eli the first thing to go is his footing. When he steps into his throws he still has the same zip.

But watch Peyton play. He doesn't make arm throws anymore. He gets his legs set and throws it. Even then there is lost velocity, but he knows he can't get away with just using his arm to throw a pass. That's what makes us marvel at guys like Ben and Rodgers. They can make big throws from awkward body positions b/c they have the arm strength to spare. It allows for improvisation that Eli has also excelled at over the years

Brady, Peyton and to a lesser extent Brees are robots. They win pre-snap and just after, and the ball is out on schedule. Brees is still a vertical passer, but he always has his legs under him to drive the ball as well

Godslay

Banned
It depends on if the chiefs can get Pryor on tilt, I don't think the stadium trying to break the sound record is doing him any favors. Get Pryor on tilt and the rest of the offense crumbles.

Sure, but that applies to any QB.

The Chiefs haven't beat the Raiders at Arrowhead since 2006. Not that the past matters anyways, but it's an interesting stat.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 53s
Shane Lechler will be the #Texans emergency QB with Owen Daniels out. "Or I might go in there, how about that?" Kubiak says.

Lechler future!! Someone give me an avatar!

Colasante

Sure, but that applies to any QB.

The Chiefs haven't beat the Raiders at Arrowhead since 2006. Not that the past matters anyways, but it's an interesting stat.

I think you're right. I can definitely see the Raiders pulling out a win if Pryor keeps the offense on track. In my mind, a lot will depend on if they can get McFadden back and sustain a solid ground game. If I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs have been much worse against the run than the pass this year. I'd like to see the Chiefs fall back to Earth a bit, I kind of hate seeing such a boring offense find continual success like they have been.

Hunter S.

It seems like someone will always want undefeated teams to "fall back to earth." Just a part of belonging to the internet fan game. Only 3 teams meeting the honor still. I will say the most likely undefeated team to lose this week is the Saints followed by the Chiefs.

The Broncos are on their first bye week. :)

But he didn't have any receivers and the O-Line was at best average. He was throwing to Peerliss Price, Michael Jenkins and Roddy. Roddy was NOT the same receiver back then that he has been in recent years.

Vick was, however, the same inconsistent passer and as a bonus, had Gregg Knapp calling plays.

Holy shit at what happened to AD's son. Throw that scumbag in the pen for life. Better yet lock him up in a cage with AD for 60 minutes.

Beating up on kids is the definition of punk ass bitch

adrian-peterson-with-son-adrian-jr-after-vikings-training-camp-aww__oPt.jpg

And the mama's in the wrong for even putting the child in that situation.

EDIT:Even if its still not AP Jr., its still fucked up.

Godslay

Banned
I think you're right. I can definitely see the Raiders pulling out a win if Pryor keeps the offense on track. In my mind, a lot will depend on if they can get McFadden back and sustain a solid ground game. If I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs have been much worse against the run than the pass this year. I'd like to see the Chiefs fall back to Earth a bit, I kind of hate seeing such a boring offense find continual success like they have been.

I guess I was basing it off of Oakland shutting down KC's offense. But yeah, if Pryor can stay clean via scrambling and the run game is solid, it will be close. If Oakland shuts down little hands (or limits them to FGs), and Pryor is clean they'll win. Two very big ifs, but I think those are the keys to them winning.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tomlin bans games from Steelers locker room:

The only game the Steelers are playing now is football.

Several weeks after the veteran players banned those with less than four years of experience from taking part in recreational locker room games, coach Mike Tomlin issued a team-wide ban on them.

Tomlin's directive means no table shuffleboard, pingpong or pool for veteran players such as Ben Roethlisberger and Ike Taylor, not just rookies such as Le'Veon Bell and Jarvis Jones, as the Steelers (0-4) trudge through their worst start since 1968.

“From his point, it was dividing the team in a way,” safety Ryan Clark said Thursday. “One sect of people couldn't do a certain thing, and he just wanted everybody to be together — because we're all in the losses together. We're all in the business of fixing this problem together. He didn't want anything to divide us.”

The games were added to the Steelers' South Side complex locker room in recent seasons as rewards for their Super Bowl appearances during the 2008 and 2010 seasons. Before then, the players often took part in basketball-like shooting games in which they shot balls made of rolled-up athletic tape into a wastebasket.

Clark said veterans with Super Bowl experience banned the younger players from the games because they wanted them to earn the right to play them, just as the more experienced players did.

Roethlisberger also said the younger players were “getting comfortable” with their NFL life before they had earned their way. But he defended the games for the more experienced players, saying they built team camaraderie.

The pool table, shuffleboard table and pingpong table remained in the locker room Thursday, but the sticks and paddles used to play them weren't visible.

“For me, it's no big deal,” Clark said. “Nobody really is tripping about it; we understand the spirit in which it's done in. We're just playing football; that (playing locker room games) isn't our job anyway.”

Tomlin apparently informed the team of the ban earlier this week.

Not all the players took part in the games even when they were available.

“It (doesn't bother) me at all,” left guard Ramon Foster said of Tomlin's ban. “I didn't hardly play anyways. I really don't have an issue with that at all.”

The games likely won't return unless the Steelers begin to turn their season around.

MechDX

It seems like someone will always want undefeated teams to "fall back to earth." Just a part of belonging to the internet fan game. Only 3 teams meeting the honor still. I will say the most likely undefeated team to lose this week is the Saints followed by the Chiefs.

The Broncos are on their first bye week. :)

Ill hold on to this because it will bite you in the ass. Not meaning the Broncos will lose but it will bite you

Holy shit at what happened to AD's son. Throw that scumbag in the pen for life. Better yet lock him up in a cage with AD for 60 minutes.

Beating up on kids is the definition of punk ass bitch

adrian-peterson-with-son-adrian-jr-after-vikings-training-camp-aww__oPt.jpg

And the mama's in the wrong for even putting the child in that situation.

EDIT:Even if its still not AP Jr., its still fucked up.

Quite a growth spurt there.

Haven't weighed in on this yet but if it is his kid the blame should be on the mother first. As Bionic said as a parent you have to know what is best for your kids, particularly when it comes to the people that kid deals with. If the guy is abusive, get your child out of there. His father is a multimillionaire star NFL player so finance is not the issue. Instead she chose to do nothing and both parents could lose their son as a result.

Hunter S.

Ill hold on to this because it will bite you in the ass. Not meaning the Broncos will lose but it will bite you
There will be no injuries. *knocks on wood* *fingers crossed*

Jags will role over like when Gata sees Gronk and he begs for an ass pounding.

Vire

The injuries are so severe the child is not expected to survive according to DeadSpin/TMZ...

Seriously ruined my week. Why? Why would you do such a thing.

Feel absolutely terrible for AP.

Colasante

NFLPA tells @wingoz that, depending on what MRSA containment report says, the NFLPA could advise Bucs-Eagles not to play this weekend.

That would suck (for my fantasy team). And in real life too. What the hell, Bucs!

JABEE

Adam Schefter said:
NFLPA tells @treywingo depending on what MRSA containment report says, the NFLPA could advise Bucs-Eagles not to play this weekend.

The Bucs need to keep their facilities clean. It may impact Sunday's game.

That shit is deadly though. The NFL needs to handle this carefully.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They seriously can't play the game. This is insane.

The Bucs should seriously be shut down for everybody elses sake. They're legitimately dangerous for the sport.

bionic77

Quite a growth spurt there.

Haven't weighed in on this yet but if it is his kid the blame should be on the mother first. As Bionic said as a parent you have to know what is best for your kids, particularly when it comes to the people that kid deals with. If the guy is abusive, get your child out of there. His father is a multimillionaire star NFL player so finance is not the issue. Instead she chose to do nothing and both parents could lose their son as a result.
That cunt failed as a mother.

Let's hope hell is real so people like her and that asshole can spend eternity there.

Mrbob

Another starter lost for the year for the Bears. :( Bye bye DJ Williams. Time for the rookie Bostic to step up.

Bears offense needs to start getting better fast. Defense is decimated by injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom