• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Dude he is prioritizing a fucking practice over the last few hours he could have spent with his son who probably won't live past today. I mean the dude showed up to practice today!! WTF! I'd prefer he actually give a shit that his son was beaten to death, not smile for the camera's talking about getting a W Sunday. I lost a ton of respect for him today.

I think you're considerably more concerned about how a man handles a private matter than you rightfully ought to be.

Striker

On Squicken's post:
Giants RB David Wilson (neck) has a condition called spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal. Getting second opinion Monday in LA.
@Patricia_Traina: The condition isn't necessarily career-ending. Would depend on how bad the individual has it and where in the spine.

Godslay

Banned
I don't see any possibility of the Chiefs losing this weekend, not at home. Having said that, we can't sustain this trend more than another couple of weeks.

The Texans on the 20th could be tough, unless Schaub turns into MVP for the Chiefs (highly likely).

Starting on 17 Nov, we have Denver-SD-Denver consecutively. I think we lose two of those. We might take Denver at home to close that sequence out, but I'm doubtful. Their defense looks shaky, but our offense isn't exactly blowing down any doors. And no matter how stellar our secondary looks, Peyton will likely carve us up.

At the moment the defense does look shaky. Champ returns this week, Von the next. Not to mention we should get Harris back this week, and Woodyard back for Indy. Woodyard is the brains of the operation so it was a big loss in Dallas to have him go out.

Instant upgrades to the LB core, and secondary all in two weeks time. Maybe they'll less than shaky come that stretch of games.

Ehhh I dunno. Seems like your team is already pretty good, Hilton/Amendola is kinda a big downgrade.

Amendola hasn't done shit this year (he's sitting on my bench in favor of Jordy Nelson for the flex spot) and Hilton is really inconsistent (he can have a huge game or 4 points).

At least with Dez, you are guaranteed some consistency. Charles is obviously way better than Sproles, but Sproles is a decent flex. I say stick with what you got.

I have both Amendola and TY on my team as #3 options (we aren't in a flex league, but a 3 x WR setup), to go along with AJ Green and Cobb.

The 1.5 games Amendola has played he's been really solid in. I have a hunch he'll be ready to go this game so I'm choosing him over TY in my lineup. I'll probably eat those words. My other option is Thompkins, who isn't much of an option at all.

The deal with Hilton is that he's totally inconsistent. You're spot on. I play him one week and he earns me five points. I bench him the next and he goes off for 24. Very feast or famine with him, so you'll obviously do better with a guy like Dez in the long run.

Barring an injury, you can't go wrong essentially swapping Dez for Charles. Charles gets it done on the ground and even more so on short outs as a receiver. The guy is the motor in the Chiefs offense and I'd rate him in the top three for fantasy options.

bionic77

Dude he is prioritizing a fucking practice over the last few hours he could have spent with his son who probably won't live past today. I mean the dude showed up to practice today!! WTF! I'd prefer he actually give a shit that his son was beaten to death, not smile for the camera's talking about getting a W Sunday. I lost a ton of respect for him today.
You really shouldn't judge victims and people who just went through the worst thing that could ever happen.

Schlep

dsS5olQ.png

At the moment the defense does look shaky. Champ returns this week, Von the next. Not to mention we should get Harris back this week, and Woodyard back for Indy. Woodyard is the brains of the operation so it was a big loss in Dallas to have him go out.

Instant upgrades to the LB core, and secondary all in two weeks time. Maybe they'll less than shaky come that stretch of games.

You're exactly right, which doesn't bode well for the slightly anemic Chiefs offense. There's a reason my fantasy team is called "Von Miller High Life." I recognize.

Judging from what we've seen so far this year, there's really not much hope for the Chiefs to hang with Denver. Unless our defense can slow down/stop the air attack (highly unlikely), there's no way we can put up enough points on the board to hang with them.

I think the match in Arrowhead is our best bet, but I'm penciling them both in as losses. We're definitely playoff bound, but it's going to be as a wild card.

I think you're considerably more concerned about how a man handles a private matter than you rightfully ought to be.

I just think the situation is fucked, I can't understand how any father could prioritize a game over the life of their own flesh and blood. I guess I'm just surprised no one else see's it this way so I'll shut up now.

Nah, Shuggah, I feel you. I understand AP wanting to play in the game this Sunday if that's part of how he deals with this kind of thing. I'm not going to judge him. But there's no way in hell I'd be at a practice today. I'd be on a plane and then at the hospital, and depending on how things progress I'd probably miss the game on Sunday, too.

Hell, who am I kidding? My son is three and if this happened to him I would probably take a couple of weeks off work. Different people respond differently to this kind of thing.

What team do you fandom Shuggah. Are you snes? gata? chan alts?

I'm a huge Packers fan, but that's not why I'm hating on AD, I have actually always been a fan of AD even though he embarrasses the shit out of the Packers nearly every time they've played.

not sure about those other questions though

jakncoke

Banned
82 posts since 2009 or .09 per day So in the past hour you had 3 in here or 33.33 days worth of posting. Makes me giggle.

I'm a huge Packers fan, but that's not why I'm hating on AD, I have actually always been a fan of AD even though he embarrasses the shit out of the Packers nearly every time they've played.

not sure about those other questions though

Gross, go away. We have enough of you people here as is.

squicken

On Squicken's post:

Yeah there was some debate about some pass rusher in the draft who had it. Some wouldn't draft him, and one team obviously thought it was fine. It's just a tough break. I like Wilson. He's fun to watch and looks like he has fun playing. I also don't understand the reason Wilson gets shamings and benchings for fumbles while Randle keeps going out there

Not just the Giants. The Rams have young DBs who blow coverages all the time and keep playing, but God help the fumbling RB

lol seriously? no one else thinks that is incredibly fucked up?

As someone who just lost someone very close to me (she was murdered too), people will deal with things differently and you can't judge them based on how they do it. It's been a little over a month since the incident and I still have a really hard time talking about it to anyone. I go about my day as normal as possible and it's only when I'm alone that it affects me, which is why I keep as busy as I can. I know it's his son but my guess is right now he's in shock and he just needs to be surrounded by what he knows, which in this case would be football and his team.

rando14

As someone who just lost someone very close to me (she was murdered too), people will deal with things differently and you can't judge them based on how they do it. It's been a little over a month since the incident and I still have a really hard time talking about it to anyone. I go about my day as normal as possible and it's only when I'm alone that it affects me, which is why I keep as busy as I can. I know it's his son but my guess is right now he's in shock and he just needs to be surrounded by what he knows, which in this case would be football and his team.

Aw shit I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope you're doing better :(

Narag

Sorry to hear that, man.

Godslay

Banned
You're exactly right, which doesn't bode well for the slightly anemic Chiefs offense. There's a reason my fantasy team is called "Von Miller High Life." I recognize.

Judging from what we've seen so far this year, there's really not much hope for the Chiefs to hang with Denver. Unless our defense can slow down/stop the air attack (highly unlikely), there's no way we can put up enough points on the board to hang with them.

I think the match in Arrowhead is our best bet, but I'm penciling them both in as losses. We're definitely playoff bound, but it's going to be as a wild card.

Agreed on both points. I have stated in this thread as far back as late summer, that I thought KC could be at least 8-8. I think they can easily be a wildcard team. As far as beating us at Arrowhead, I think it's their best bet. Arrowhead is starting to return to it's former glory, I know Shannon Sharpe says that it is the most difficult place to play in the NFL, especially when it's cold. Hopefully they are good games at least :)

Is Football night in America the best daily football show around? I mean they actually dissect individual plays routinely and talk about it
Rodney Harrison isn't even bothering me that much anymore

RBH

smhchargers324285x0032_t940.jpg

The good news is the number of unsold tickets for the next Chargers home game is down to four digits.

The bad news is that number, it seems, won't help the team escape a rare Monday Night Football blackout.

On Thursday, a team source called a local blackout "very likely" for Monday's game against the Colts. More than 9,000 general tickets are unsold, so it is expected that San Diego will be an exception to a game that otherwise will be shown across the country over the ESPN platform.

If blacked out, Los Angeles can see it. Orange County can see it.

San Diego cannot.

This would be the first Monday Night Football game to be blacked out since the Falcons hosted the 49ers on Jan. 3, 2000. Most blackouts affect television signals that reach a 75-mile radius of the stadium. The blackout rule is different for games shown on cable networks, such as ESPN and the NFL Network. It tightens to a 35-mile radius.

The television restriction could be announced as early as the Friday deadline at 5:40 p.m. PT. Theoretically, the NFL could grant the Chargers a 24-hour extension to sell the remaining tickets, but given the abundance, that option may be considered moot.

The Colts are 4-1.

The Chargers (2-3) will face them wearing powder blue jerseys for the first time this year.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/10/chargers-blackout-monday-night-football-colts/

cdyhybrid

chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins 13m
Adrian Peterson's son has died according to police.

Welp =\

Lock the dude up for life and throw the mom in there for a while too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom