• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're paying Matt Ryan how much?

ihwzGyz2eWi02.gif

I love this version of the gif, it looks like Banner's flapping his little wings.

We need this Green Bay win bad to keep up with the Browns. If we get behind them now there's no way we can catch up with the Factory of Radness.

oneHeero

I still support Romo. Blame the fucking defense for giving up 51 points. Without Romo, we would have been blown out like every other team the broncos have played this year.

I stand with ya! loll.

Too many peeps troll Romo that I hardly even post, just like to read now. :( lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DK will be happy.

A source has informed Behind The Steel Curtain long-time starter Ryan Clark will see his role diminished, starting in Week 6 against the New York Jets. Rookie Shamarko Thomas will play more with the team's base package, and if his play is consistent, he will eventually be the starter.

jakncoke

Banned
HOLY FUCKING MY BANK IS SO FUCKING STUPID. FUCK THIS PENNSYLTUCKY BANK. Fucking 10 letter max and a number! That is not enough letters and numbers for me!

ShaneB

I forgot about it being Thanksgiving this weekend up here in Canuckland. I'm going to miss the live start to the Hawks game again because I'll be at a dinner table with family. Bah! :(

The Panthers have lost three starting RG's and a starting LG for the season so far.

Greg Hardy is walking around with ice on his elbow and Greg Olsen is limping around with a boot on his foot.

I cringe when I think how bad this team would be getting beat if Ryan, Julio, and Tony G weren't out there.

The defense is atrocious and the offensive line is like a broken levee.

Peyton would probably put up 70+ on our defense.

Some more slight changes for the Steelers depth chart:

Heyward is the starter over Hood

Beachum starting at LT, Brrown 2nd, Adams 3rd.

I'm excited for Heyward, McClendon and Keisel sharing time together. get the three best penetrating lineman on the field at once. Hood has also been abused on a few runs this year.

tmdorsey

Well that was certainly one of the worser Falcons games that I've been to in awhile. :(

I cringe when I think how bad this team would be getting beat if Ryan, Julio, and Tony G weren't out there.

The defense is atrocious and the offensive line is like a broken levee.

Peyton would probably put up 70+ on our defense.

It is what it is guys. We have to weather this storm right now. I've decided that whenever I'm feeling bad, I just reflect on the 2007 season.

I think what's really disappointing right now is the coaching staff. I mean Smith and Koetter with his playcalling specifically. It's like somebody snatched his playbook and replaced it Mularkey's old one.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Some more slight changes for the Steelers depth chart:

Heyward is the starter over Hood

Beachum starting at LT, Brrown 2nd, Adams 3rd.

I'm excited for Heyward, McClendon and Keisel sharing time together. get the three best penetrating lineman on the field at once.

About time. I thought they were going to use Heyward only to spell Keisel all year. Cam's clearly better than Ziggy.

No offense, but does it really matter by now?
2 games out from the NFC East, why shouldn't it? Not that I think that the Giants are going to turn it around and do anything worth a shit this season since that's a laughable proposition but yeah I'm not exactly rooting for the team to go 0-16 here. Aside from that, the more reps David Wilson gets this season the better off we are as a team moving forward in the future. Having old fuck Jacobs in there does nothing for our future.

2 games out from the NFC East, why shouldn't it? Not that I think that the Giants are going to turn it around and do anything worth a shit this season since that's a laughable proposition but yeah I'm not exactly rooting for the team to go 0-16 here.

You have a point, but I more meant about Wilson specifically. Coughlin doesn't really have confidence in him and for good reason. Seems he needs some time in the oven.

You have a point, but I more meant about Wilson specifically. Coughlin doesn't really have confidence in him and for good reason. Seems he needs some time in the oven.
I edited a bit before your reply but my view is that I'd like to see him getting more real time game reps. That's going to help both him as a player and the coaching staff moving forward to determine if he is the answer at running back moving forward which is why I'd be upset if he ends up on IR. Trotting out Brandon Jacobs does nothing for the Giants moving forward (though I hear they are going to be resigning Da'Rel Scott).

MechDX

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/the-rundown-rock-bottom-49ers-edition/

There has not been a lower time in Gary Kubiak’s tenure as head coach of the Texans. There have been bad teams that have graced the field at Reliant but none have dropped the ball like one of the most talented rosters in team history. There are play makers at every level of this team except one spot, and that is the quarterback position. Matt Schaub has been the team’s worst player and biggest enemy all wrapped up into one. It has to be one of the oddest occurrences to throw FOUR pick six interceptions in a row and the one interception return for 18 yards against the 49ers destroyed any hope for a Texans team.

His confidence is shot and this is after the Texans offensive line had their best game as a unit all season only giving up one sack and four quarterback hits. Schaub has thrown 9 interceptions in 2013 and has watched his completion percentage creep down to the 65.5 % mark. His longest pass of the season has been 32 yards and the pace of the offense has been sluggish with little pace. He is a defeated player and it is showing with his body language and how his teammates’ efforts are showing on the field. His mind-set is not right and his reads have been below average, add in the fact that he got away with dropped interceptions by the 49ers defense. There is not an answer for his issues other than the fact that he is on the downward trend of his career. His throws have little zip and his accuracy is on the decline as well, which are bad combinations for a starting NFL quarterback.

This season might be on the brink of failure and players who the Texans were depending on have been anything but dependable. Matt Schaub, Keshawn Martin, Derek Newton, Eddie Pleasant, Randy Bullock and Brooks Reed to name a few have been anything but above average for the Texans. Fingers can be pointed but the fact of the matter is there is an important group of players struggling right now and none more than Schaub. The season is close to falling apart and it is going to take all 53 players in that locker room to save the 2013 season.

Gary Kubiak knows that benching Matt Schaub means there is no turning back for the 2013 season and the organization. There is a younger quarterback coming within the year but now the recent play of Schaub is going to make that process even more important when it gets here. Kubiak has to be careful with pulling the plug on Schaub because the message can be mixed to the team. Does Schaub give the team the best chance to win? That answer is unknown especially with no other quarterback getting a chance to perform on the field. The decision is simple. T.J. Yates needs to get as many reps with the ones during practice to get him ready for next week. Yates should get a chance to breathe some life into this team that needs a shot of something to get them back to where they need to be. Will Kubiak make that happen? Probably not. Loyalty can be someone’s biggest fault and right now it is Kubiak’s biggest enemy.

Patrick from State of the Texans has always been a firm supporter of Schaub and Kubiak until this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom