• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

The Texans are at home against the Rams.

BWBfyeIIgAAYJsk.jpg

Efzee should get tickets...

cajunator

Banned
Thursday, October 10
Giants @ Bears - after two losses, Bears will sack Eli 7 times

Sunday, October 13
1:00PM
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Lions @ Browns
Panthers @ Vikings
Rams @ Texans - Schaub throws another pick 6 and Kubiak is threatened until he benches him.
Raiders @ Chiefs - upset special
Steelers @ Jets
Eagles @ Buccaneers

4:05PM
Jaguars @ Broncos - this will be ugly but I have a feeling the Jags will hang in there.
Titans @ Seahawks- This will be the truly ugly game. Seahawks will make up for last week viciously.

4:25PM
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers

8:30PM
Redskins @ Cowboys - game against Broncos probably took a lot of energy out of the Boys.

Monday, October 14
Colts @ Chargers

Giants still only 2 games out and not ELIminated makes me go :/ (i know thats not how its spelled :p)

smh NFC east, Giants win the superbowl now

MechDX

so you're saying there's a chance!

Yeah. More of a chance than Schaub not shitting the bed this week.

Found this at BRB. Pretty much states how I feel at this point:

1. denial (last year and the first game of this year)- nah, schaub and kubiak have hit a rough patch, they can pull out of it once the season gets going! no problem!
2. anger (games 2-3) really schaub and kubiak? you did that again? you’ve become so damn predictable enough already! FIRE MARCIANO!
3. bargaining (game 3, 1st half of seattle game) ok kubiak, just take away the 3rd and long draw play to make it a little less predictable, open your playbook up. if you do that, im sure everything will be ok. cant you do it just this one time, please!?
4. depression (after seattle game) I cant believe it. we just dominated seattle the whole game and then that happens. I hate my life. I want to cut my wrists and go jump off a bridge because were 2-2! WOE IS ME!
5. acceptance (now) well, were boned. schaub is probably done after this season, so im going for aaron murray 2014! and at least we have foster and AJ for a few more years at their peak! we can win it all next year if we just get a new coach and QB!!!!!!

yep, pretty much through the 5 stages of grief. I feel better today than I did yesterday. ive found my zen.

xnipx

All of the star players trapped on shit teams need to go to the raiders next year when they have all that cap space. Arian, Watt and AJ for the raiders first 3 picks. Who says no?

Striker

You have a point, but I more meant about Wilson specifically. Coughlin doesn't really have confidence in him and for good reason. Seems he needs some time in the oven.
I think it is more because Wilson was the starter and got the most touches. And that's because Jacobs is only a situational/pass blocker and Scott was just cut last week -- probably be re-signed, but he stinks. At least Andre Brown comes back soon.

Thursday, October 10
Giants @ Bears - after two losses, Bears will sack Eli 7 times

Sunday, October 13
1:00PM
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Lions @ Browns
Panthers @ Vikings
Rams @ Texans - Schaub throws another pick 6 and Kubiak is threatened until he benches him.
Raiders @ Chiefs - upset special
Steelers @ Jets
Eagles @ Buccaneers

4:05PM
Jaguars @ Broncos - this will be ugly but I have a feeling the Jags will hang in there.
Titans @ Seahawks- This will be the truly ugly game. Seahawks will make up for last week viciously.

4:25PM
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers

8:30PM
Redskins @ Cowboys - game against Broncos probably took a lot of energy out of the Boys.

Monday, October 14
Colts @ Chargers

Because you picked the Raiders, you're an awesome person.

Mudcrab

Damn it, why do the Saints have such an easy schedule? Really hope it doesn't come down to that game with us.

Is our schedule really considered easier than most? @ Patriots, @ Jets (apparently), Cowboys (if Romo plays great again), 49ers, @ Seahawks who might be unbeatable at home, and @ Atlanta is still a divisional rival and always a tough game.

Colasante

Hard Knocks is now guaranteed every year.

"NFL hopes to have Hard Knocks volunteers. If there are none, they've now guaranteed Hard Knocks every year.
Proposal to compel teams to do Hard Knocks passed (if no volunteers), source said. Wouldn't apply to teams with new coaches or in playoffs.
Teams that are exempt to policy, can say no to Hard Knocks: Teams with new coaches, teams that have made the playoffs the two years running."

I'm very excited by this. Besides the one Texans/Dolphins game, it's clear there's no real strategic disadvantage to allowing Hard Knocks cameras to follow your team around.

Wes

venison crêpe
If the Browns are entering the last week with a shot of the playoffs I call thread making privileges.

Isn't putting Case Keenum in as a starter next week vs the Rams a no-brainer? He either puts on a show and you now have a player the fan base will worship, or you bring in Schaub to bail him out, thus improving fan's opinions of Schaub. Keenum may have been a system QB at Houston, but you can't win with Schaub right now. I'm a Cowboys fan, but man would it make a good story if Keenum blew up. It's not like he wouldn't have a bunch of weapons around him to succeed.

MechDX

Who in their right mind would co-sign this

I didn't sign off on this. If you listen to Houston radio its ALL everyone else is talking about. My opinion its TJ time bitches!!

If TJ falters (Schaub Jr.) then you say fuck it and release the Case Dragon!

jakncoke

Banned
I didn't sign off on this. If you listen to Houston radio its ALL everyone else is talking about. My opinion its TJ time bitches!!

Call bases are so funny, I still remember the outrage boom and a big group over Colt McCoy not having enough time to prove himself.

MechDX

Call bases are so funny, I still remember the outrage boom and a big group over Colt McCoy not having enough time to prove himself.

Orangebloods are a vengeful bunch. Should have seen all the VY jerseys at Texans games back in the day. They are still out there calling for VY to Texans now.

cajunator

Banned
Is our schedule really considered easier than most? @ Patriots, @ Jets (apparently), Cowboys (if Romo plays great again), 49ers, @ Seahawks who might be unbeatable at home, and @ Atlanta is still a divisional rival and always a tough game.

Hello. Welcome to nflgaf.
Where are you from?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My buddy loses his mind when it comes to black qbs in the NFL. Somehow even the slightest bit of criticism is racism and the NFL not wanting to let them succeed.

He's upset the commentators apparently blasted Cam Newton on Sunday...forget that they only scored 6pts and he had 3 INTs...

Or that they were punking Geno Smith last night, somewhere in between him dominating Atlanta all night long...guess I missed it.

My buddy loses his mind when it comes to black qbs in the NFL. Somehow even the slightest bit of criticism is racism and the NFL not wanting to let them succeed.

He's upset the commentators apparently blasted Cam Newton on Sunday...forget that they only scored 6pts and he had 3 INTs...

Or that they were punking Geno Smith last night, somewhere in between him dominating Atlanta all night long...guess I missed it.

He should have turned on ESPN after the game, they were sucking off Geno all night long, and it continued this morning on NFL AM.

jakncoke

Banned

Your buddy is that bucs fan isnt it :me

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

no. people are saying its Yates. They were saying this morning, whats the point of keeping Yates if you throw Keenum in there instead of Schaub?

My opinion, you already know what you have with Yates. With Keenum you've only seen him in pre-season. This season is done, so why not put Keenum in, if he sucks then you're getting a high draft pick anyway.

bionic77

do you watch Eastbound? this season is fire so far after being hit and miss for the last 2
Don't have HBO so I never watched it regularly but I have seen a bunch at my buddies house and loves whatever I have seen.

Love the writing on that show. What does he say on his tape? Got an arm like a rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a scientist.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Falcons need to trade Gonzalez back to the Chiefs. Your guys talked him out of retirement, after all.

LevelNth

Banned
Falcons need to trade Gonzalez back to the Chiefs. Your guys talked him out of retirement, after all.
No, let him suffer on the Falcons. Every idiot athlete no matter how good they are deserves to suffer if they say they're going to retire then weasel back for 'one' more year.

Don't say anything until you retire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom