• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you act like its the worst movie ever made

It's not terrible, but it suffers from that 3rd movie syndrome - the producers have nowhere to go with it but the franchise makes hundreds of millions so here we go.

Also
It just drops the coolest villain in ANY of these Super Hero movies like a hot rock. The reveal was hilarious but everything after that sucked.

Drakeon

I haven't seen it either, but I suspect a lot of the complaining is distaste for Will Smith's son. People HATE that kid.

I saw it, Jayden Smith does the film no favors. He's worse than when he was in the Karate Kid. It's just not a great film.

I'd say Iron Man 3 was way WAY better than After Earth.

I saw it, Jayden Smith does the film no favors. He's worse than when he was in the Karate Kid. It's just not a great film.

I'd say Iron Man 3 was way WAY better than After Earth.

I liked the Karate Kid movie. In fact I think it's better than the first. Again I think the hate is people having sentimental attachment towards the first one.

squicken

not that i could think of off the top of my head!

watch trading places, it's on netflix! truly a classic movie. but now that we're talking about the movie maybe someone can point out to me exactly what happened at the end. i know they fucked over those old guys but i'm not versed in the stock market or what the fuck was happening in the ending sequence

A futures contract is an agreement to buy or sell a commodity at a future date at a set price. So if wheat is trading for $4 a bushel, and I think it will trade at $5 in 6 months, I will buy a contract saying I will pay you $4.25 per bushel of wheat in 6 months. If I am right, I can turn around and sell that wheat for a profit, and if I am wrong, I will lose money. But in the short term, b/c I am buying a futures contract for more than the present value of wheat, I am driving the price of wheat up ever so slightly.

The market is so large my one transaction won't affect that price, but enough transactions will. I can "corner" the market by doing so many transactions that my actions alone influence the price. This matters b/c I don't have to wait for the contract to come due and then sell the oranges. I can sell the contract

It's kind of outdated nowadays, but the old dudes were getting an Agriculture Department report on how the winter had affected the orange crop that year. If the crop was bad, naturally prices on the futures market would go up. Good crop and prices go down. The old dudes got a report that said that the crop was bad. So on the trading floor they had their guy buy up futures contracts at a higher than current value. This drove up the price, but since they knew (or thought they knew) that the soon to be price of the oranges was going to go up, they would still make money. They would own a bunch of contracts, just created, that would immediately be below market value once the Agriculture Report became public knowledge, which they could turn around and sell

But since Eddie and Dan had switched the report, the old dudes got stuck with a bunch of contracts that were impossible to sell b/c the actual crop that year was going to be fine.

JABEE

Did someone give Gata that grotesque avatar or did he choose it himself?

Gata could be accused of a lot of things, but he usually has pretty unoffensive tastes in terms of avatars.

Why did Chan have to take his harassment too far? Why did YankeeHater have to be taken in the line of fire?

YH is going to be back Sunday, right?

A futures contract is an agreement to buy or sell a commodity at a future date at a set price. So if wheat is trading for $4 a bushel, and I think it will trade at $5 in 6 months, I will buy a contract saying I will pay you $4.25 per bushel of wheat in 6 months. If I am right, I can turn around and sell that wheat for a profit, and if I am wrong, I will lose money. But in the short term, b/c I am buying a futures contract for more than the present value of wheat, I am driving the price of wheat up ever so slightly.

The market is so large my one transaction won't affect that price, but enough transactions will. I can "corner" the market by doing so many transactions that my actions alone influence the price. This matters b/c I don't have to wait for the contract to come due and then sell the oranges. I can sell the contract

It's kind of outdated nowadays, but the old dudes were getting an Agriculture Department report on how the winter had affected the orange crop that year. If the crop was bad, naturally prices on the futures market would go up. Good crop and prices go down. The old dudes got a report that said that the crop was bad. So on the trading floor they had their guy buy up futures contracts at a higher than current value. This drove up the price, but since they knew (or thought they knew) that the soon to be price of the oranges was going to go up, they would still make money. They would own a bunch of contracts, just created, that would immediately be below market value once the Agriculture Report became public knowledge, which they could turn around and sell

But since Eddie and Dan had switched the report, the old dudes got stuck with a bunch of contracts that were impossible to sell b/c the actual crop that year was going to be fine.

thank you for the explanation brotha!

p.s.

jamie lees titties were pretty sweet in the movie!

JLC was smoking.

They don't make fine whoring like that and the scene in True Lies anymore.

Damn terrorists ruined everything. And by terrorists I mean feminists and hipsters.

Pacific Rim was so boring.

And cheesy.

Also main dude and his rival looked exactly rhe fucking same.
Not really sure what to think yet, I think I just want to like it because of GAF :lol.......I'm honestly not even sure I think this is a good or alright movie
Just got to a part with Charlie from it's always sunny and a monster that made me :jnc, pretty sure the scene wasn't meant to be funny

Just heard about AP's son... Really are no words sometimes. This is one of those moments I wish Minnesota could go on a magical run and get AP into the Super Bowl just like the Ravens last year. Sadly, the QB situation will keep such a thing from ever happening.

bionic77

I liked the Karate Kid movie. In fact I think it's better than the first. Again I think the hate is people having sentimental attachment towards the first one.
Did you just say the new Karate Kid abomination is better than the original?

If you mean that then we can't be friends and may have to fight over this.

JABEE

You have gone too far. The Karate Kid is the quintessential 80s movie other than maybe Back to the Future.

To compare it to the Jayden Smith version would be sacrilege on it's own. But to say that it is better. No.

Edit: Thank you, Bionic for keeping your Steeler friends in line. I know it has been a tough year, but this is too far. I don't even know if a Pats fan would hold such an opinion.

MechDX

https://www.facebook.com/texanswattteam

1383619_343468802463738_2030862964_n.jpg

I want to take this moment and send out my deepest sympathies and heart felt condolences to Adrian Peterson and his family on the brutal beating death/murder of his 2 year old son today... There's a new little Angel in Heaven. May the Lord hold him and keep him and give him and you and your loved ones peace. God Bless you all. ~The Houston Texans S.W.A.T.T. Team — with Adrian Peterson.

Not all of us stalk our QB....

Did you just say the new Karate Kid abomination is better than the original?

If you mean that then we can't be friends and may have to fight over this.

Is this a Bannable offense?

Original is the best around.

OUT!

You have gone too far. The Karate Kid is the quintessential 80s movie other than maybe Back to the Future.

To compare it to the Jayden Smith version would be sacrilege on it's own. But to say that it is better. No.

Edit: Thank you, Bionic for keeping your Steeler friends in line. I know it has been a tough year, but this is too far. I don't even know if a Pats fan would hold such an opinion.

Uh huh.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. Loyalty for nostagia. When was the last time you guys watched it? I love that movie too, but it's true. Sorry bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom