• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 6 |OT| - Texas cursed by spirit of Favre, National Enquirer reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

what the fuck? i watched karate kid last month on netflix (maybe in july/august) and it's still fantastic. the remake is absolute trash

Exactly. I probably watched the Karate Kid again about 2 years ago. It is still a great film. No nostalgia for me. I wasn't even alive when the movie came out.

MechDX

Every movie made before I was born sucks.

Except for Star Wars, Transformers: The Animated Movie and The Jungle Book.

Blazing_710fbd_1131006.gif

blazing-saddlesgif-e211ed.gif

WRONG!

Narag

Nowhere in my post did I say OKK was a bad movie.

no gray areas on gaf. when the world war z movie was first announced, I made a comment about not really enjoying the book but thinking it'd benefit massively (lol hindsight) from a visual adaptation. I was told to get the fuck out for hating on the book.
s9Muitn.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Why is the new Karate Kid better? It's largely the same script but with the 80's fun taken out and everything shoehorned into China. It's just bland, and doesn't quite work.

Why is the new Karate Kid better? It's largely the same script but with the 80's fun taken out and everything shoehorned into China. It's just bland, and doesn't quite work.

One could say it's just like the original with all the 80's cheese taken out.

All of this is irrelevant anyway. My original point was that people hate Jaden, and I really think it's mainly because he was in this movie. People hate it when you remake classics. The reaction in here is a perfect example.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I saw both versions for the first time in full during the same year. Citing specific nostalgia is a cop out, although admittedly general 80's nostalgia does factor in.

All of this is irrelevant anyway. My original point was that people hate Jaden, and I really think it's mainly because he was in this movie. People hate it when you remake classics. The reaction in here is a perfect example.

Because 9 times out of 10, the remakes suck. Off the top of my head I can think of two that I liked, Carpenters The Thing and Cape Fear. I'm sure there's some others, but they are far outnumbered by the crap ones.

squicken

Yea. I liked 500 Days of Summer, it gets a lot of hate on here.

Well the whole manic pixie dream girl thing became such a one dimensional archetype for a lot of sitcoms and movies. But it's just like anything else. Bad writing can make all characters seem flat.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Because 9 times out of 10, the remakes suck. Off the top of my head I can think of two that I liked, Carpenters The Thing and Cape Fear. I'm sure there's some others, but they are far outnumbered by the crap ones.
Or the remakes have become classics in their own right so the original was forgotten.

kunonabi

but people love jackie so that doesn't really fly. the original had heart, chemistry, tension, memorable dialogue, and great characters. the remake doesn't have any of that. besides poor jersey kid standing up to a bunch of rich, white assholes is always going to resonate more than jaden smith beating up a bunch of chinese kids in their country using their martial art.

besides elizabeth shue > violin girl and the musical superiority of the original isn't up for debate.

There wasnt enough bad calls that was insurmountable to overcome. Face it you fucking sucked and blew your chance cry more you bitch. I cant believe I still let you people get to me. Fuck yall. Worthless franchise

The reason it gets to you is that deep down you know its true.

And I cant believe you posted a 74 ring. I'm pretty sure you werent even a gleam in your dad's eye in 74.

jakncoke

Banned
The reason it gets to you is that deep down you know its true.

And I cant believe you posted a 74 ring. I'm pretty sure you werent even a gleam in your dad's eye in 74.

I bet he was though. My god you guys are old

sox got the tigers don't worry

Mr. Michigan, How many sox games have you seen? I bet sanjuro has seen more at Fenway than you seen this year. And your rich ass probably didnt even buy mlb.tv i assume because you dont have nfl network or sunday ticket

I think im going to have to go apply to be my towns hs football coach, we used to be competitive!

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bradford-owls-(bradford,pa)/football/schedule.htm

shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom