• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://i.minus.com/ikKxjpMAZSScG.gif[img]

Another routine play, but I just wanted to point out why Ziggy Hood (#96) is so frustrating. Dude is far and away the strongest guy on the team, yet it doesn't show up on gameday. He's easily blown 4-5 yards off the ball on some plays. Here is no exception. Howard and Willie Colon get under his pads and completely drive him downfield. C'mon Ziggy - it's nice to defeat boxes and floor mats but how about beating a block on 3rd down?[/QUOTE]
I really hope Keisel is ready to play next week. If he's out for an extended time, they should bring Arnfelt off the ps and play him. Hood won't be a Steeler next year. Otoh, the future is bright for lil' Ironhead.

Colasante

Yahoo Sports is reporting that Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

FUCK.

original.gif

BigAT

Yahoo Sports is reporting that Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

FUCK.

Torn pec apparently.

Les Carpenter ‏@Lescarpenter
Yahoo sources: Pats Jerod Mayo has surgery on a torn pectoral muscle and could miss the rest of the season

FUCK.

original.gif

Well spank my ass and call me Johnny, how the fuck is everybody getting injured this year. He was having one hell of a season too. Defense lost 2 captains in Wilfork and Mayo now. Jamie Collins/Dane Fletcher future :(

squicken

Who else here just feels a ton of sympathy for the 5-1 Patriots fans who will get another 2 seed after winning the AFCbye?

Tom Penny

So the D starts to become solid is is now slowly getting decimated. He played like literally every snap and made the calls SMH

This season sucks for injuries. Packers can't catch a damn break. I still can't believe Nick Perry is going to be out multiple weeks.

Not sure what we did to the football gods to deserve all of this. Packers have been decimated by injuries the last few years

Godslay

Banned
Irsay is crazy yet sadly correct.

It is ultimately about championships, but he should have some respect and appreciation for Peyton pretty much single-handedly dragging that franchise out of irrelevancy.

Like Fox said, a lot of teams would love to have just one championship in recent times. Look at the Lions, Jets, Browns, Chiefs, Pats*, Chargers, Vikings, Cards, etc, etc.

Comes off as a douche imo. All he had to say was,"I appreciate the time that Peyton gave to this franchise." Or something to that effect. Instead, he took the low road.

Which in the end is fine, because ultimately Peyton will go to the hall of fame. People will question more of how much he could have won if Irsay and Polian would have built solid teams around him. Especially if he does it again with the Broncos. His legacy is secure even if he doesn't.

It is ultimately about championships, but he should have some respect and appreciation for Peyton pretty much single-handedly dragging that franchise out of irrelevancy.

Like Fox said, a lot of teams would love to have just one championship in recent times. Look at the Lions, Jets, Browns, Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, Vikings, Cards, etc, etc.

Comes off as a douche imo. All he had to say was,"I appreciate the time that Peyton gave to this franchise." Or something to that effect. Instead, he took the low road.

Which in the end is fine, because ultimately Peyton will go to the hall of fame. People will question more of how much he could have won if Irsay and Polian would have built solid teams around him. Especially if he does it again with the Broncos. His legacy is secure even if he doesn't.

Wut?

eznark

Banned
This season sucks for injuries. Packers can't catch a damn break. I still can't believe Nick Perry is going to be out multiple weeks.

Not sure what we did to the football gods to deserve all of this. Packers have been decimated by injuries the last few years

Losers whine about injuries.

Like Fox said, a lot of teams would love to have just one championship in recent times. Look at the Lions, Jets, Browns, Chiefs, Pats*, Chargers, Vikings, Cards, etc, etc.

As long as Denver's D doesn't quit like it did in that Baltimore game, there shouldn't be any excuses.

It's the winning formula!

1) decimated by injuries, team drops winnable games and struggles to make playoffs
2) back up against the wall, the team wins their last few games and sneaks into the postseason
3) injured players get healthy, team catches fire and wins super bowl
4) opposing teams' fans use team's crappy regular season record as justification to call super bowl victory a fluke so they can feel better about their own team's failure of a season

WedgeX

Banned
Nice OT, Godslay.

Will be back in Michigan (again!) this weekend, might actually get to watch the Lions go against AJ Green. How's he been looking this year, by the by?

Spinluck

SpinDasher, let me know if you're up for a two week avatar bet for the Colts-Broncos game?

I'm down, I was just about to bet Godslay too, lol.

I'm at a weird place right now. I want us to win, but if that happens Irsay gets satisfaction. He is such a classless fuck at times. Funny thing about this is that there's a whole lot of shit Peyton could say, but it wouldn't be professional.

Per Armando Salguero: Team not adding RB,

so either it's nothing or another position.

Per Armando: Dolphins source now tells me team is trying to add OL help...

Well ok then, I really hope they try to fix this damn oline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom