• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevelNth

Banned
Maybe it's just bad timing for me as I don't really post/visit much, but I swear GAF has been down almost every day for at least an hour or so for the last couple weeks.

So weird. I never remember it being this bad for this long.

Narag

fucking irsay

I'm really starting to dig this avatar. Look at those cheeks! Eddie Lacy is adorable.

I really liked it when Buckethead was rocking it. A person could be a complete cunt to someone and that avatar would take the edge off things such that no one would get offended.

Da'Rel Scott waived/injured by the Giants. After one week with the team. Roster clearing move for whoever they sign tomorrow. (down to Peyton Hillis or DJ Ware)

Striker

Bettis just called the Giants the worst team in the NFC
He's not wrong.

So with DJ Ware and Peyton Hillis, they join Jeremy Wright to work out with NYG. Da'Rel Scott waived again. I would guess Ware is getting signed.

And PFT has a story that says Jake Ballard is going to try to make a comeback. I'd cut Pascoe or Myers and sign him. Even if he's slow as a turtle.

The menu from a Baltimore restaurant

BWpK_6NCEAA8jLO.jpg:large

jakncoke

Banned
its really comical how levi brown gets injured pre-game and now out for the year. we also seemed to have lost david johnson for the year.

Milchjon

NFL.com has a "Get fit like Sherman" video that doesn't feature any pills, powders or syringes.

Why even have it at all, then.

eznark

Banned
Bucket just realized that despite the injuries to WR, the Packers felt it necessary to activate a TE because Quarless is so shit.

ShaneB

So did anybody else preorder Gal Civ 3. I though NFL Gaf was all old man PC gamers.

I played Gal Civ 2 for 10 minutes and it was all over my head. I'm all for more space games and more 4x games, but it's a wait
until it's 5 dollars
and see for me.

Draxal

I played Gal Civ 2 for 10 minutes and it was all over my head. I'm all for more space games and more 4x games, but it's a wait
until it's 5 dollars
and see for me.

I thought Gal Civ II was one of the more intuitive space 4xs. But yeah, its a genre that can be overly complex.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Those Irsay comments..man that playoff statement is like a slap in the face to Peyton Manning. The truth but coming from owner like that. Damn. Peyton going light it up

Would be hilarious if he crushes the Colts in the regular season, but comes up short against them in the playoffs.

There is not a single 18 year old in this universe that could even remotely properly handle all that money. Jesus christ.

That is the first thing I thought. The 76ers have a good shot at having 2 top 5 picks, and there is a lot of talk about them trading up for him if they dont get the top pick, but I am worried if he already has $180m in the bank. I cant even imagine what I would have done with that kind of money at 18.

ShaneB

I thought Gal Civ II was one of the more intuitive space 4xs. But yeah, its a genre that can be overly complex.

indeed. I've played Civ V for 100+ hours and still barely understand the more complex stuff. I just like clicking next and seeing my Civs grow in a peaceful manner.

That's some textbook revisionist history coming from Irsay.

Was Manning the reason why Tarik Glenn retired? Or Thornton and Scott were let go? Did he make the Polians mortgage two drafts on Tony Ugoh?

It's such a fucking ridiculous statement to say Manning was the problem when he dragged what was in reality a 2-14 team to 14-0 and a Super Bowl.

Can't believe he'd still go to the "choke" route when Manning was the sole reason that this Colts franchise is worth a billion dollars. They don't play in NYC/Dallas/Chicago.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, if Irsay was really playing for championships the whole time, maybe he would've worked on that defense some during Manning's years there.

Spinluck

Yeah, if Irsay was really playing for championships the whole time, maybe he would've worked on that defense some during Manning's years there.

The one year we won the Superbowl with Manning, we played like a Dome team. Ran the ball great, and had the best defense in the post season (statistically). It was unreal, a total transformation after having one of the worse run defenses ever that season. We didn't play like a team built by Polian or owned by Irsay.

Narag

The one year we won the Superbowl with Manning, we played like a Dome team. Ran the ball great, and had the best defense in the post season (statistically). It was unreal, a total transformation after having one of the worse run defenses ever that season. We didn't play like a team built by Polian or owned by Irsay.

I think everyone expected Larry Johnson to destroy the Colts rather than holding him to 32 yards. Magical year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom