• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bettis just called the Giants the worst team in the NFC

Just the NFC? He's being kind. Worst team in the NFL wouldn't be off base.

Tonights entertainment:

ibliL2ohHzVtG1.jpg

Narag

Guys I have a confession.

I'm Jim Irsay.

Your coherent post says otherwise. I mean, look at this shit:

Ok Colt Fans...r u READY TO PROVE YOUR THE LOUDEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG...the Earth is SHAKING!!!!! Shock and AWE is coming VERY SOON!!!!!!!

8 days...Colts Fans....The Raaaaaaiderss!!! That young QB is dangerous and was one of " Al Davis" last Draft Picks,B4 he left the planet.

oh shit didn't know In the Mouth of Madness had a bluray release. Visual quality on Pacific Rim is amazing btw.
Just came out today (In the Mouth of Madness I mean). One of my favorite Carpenter flicks. I've been on a big Carpenter kick lately. Got the The Fog on Blu-Ray, then the Halloween 35th Anniversary release and Prince of Darkness all within the last month. Madness is a nice capper.:D

Fun with Pro Football Focus:

Devin McCourty is the #1 rated safety.
Nate Solder is the #1 rated left tackle.
Sebastian Vollmer is the #2 rated right tackle.
Aqib Talib is the #4 rated cornerback.

Go Pats.

Knew McCourty played well, but had no clue it was this good (According to PFF at least). He flashed last year, but seeing him play like this after a full off season at safety is amazing.

Too bad the Pats can't draft for shit though.

squicken

The best part of the Chiefs season so far is we're hitting "tough" matchups at the right time. We got the Titans with Hurt Locker out, and now we have the Texans without Matt Schaub.

Errr, wait, we're probably better off with Schaub in the game...

izb3UsV21sbHT.gif

Jets playing this one run all the way, which leaves them vulnerable on the edges.Cromartie gets burned bad by Sanders on a double move, Ben notices it, and the it's nothing but daylight for 6. Amazing what commitment to the run will get you.

edit: Also, Steelers had to give up a conditional pick to the Cards if Levi Brown played 5 games. Since he didn't even play1, the Steelers give up nothing.

The day after that game Fisher brought a cooler of beer into the meeting room and said they were celebrating the end to a very long preseason. 2-0 !!

that game was your one chance to beat us. we were beat up physically from the colts game and playing without our two best defensive players, kap was shook, our running game wasn't doing anything, our offensive line was looking bad.... should've kicked the last nail in when you had the chance!

squicken

that game was your one chance to beat us. we were beat up physically from the colts game and playing without our two best defensive players, kap was shook, our running game wasn't doing anything, our offensive line was looking bad.... should've kicked the last nail in when you had the chance!

I never thought the wins over SF and SEA were repeatable. The Rams don't have the roster to hang with either team, nor the QB to make up the difference. I was worried they were on their way to a 4-12 implosion, but I think they'll probably be an up and down 7-9 team. And you weren't banged up where the Rams need it, which is your OL and RB. STL can't stop any run game

Here is the mmqb big board, by Andy Staples.

9 qbs in the top 32. I haven't watched a ton of cfb this year, but I'm pretty sure I'd only take one of those guys in the first round.

I'm not sold on any of the spread guys. The three best young QBs all came from a pro-style offense

I never thought the wins over SF and SEA were repeatable. The Rams don't have the roster to hang with either team, nor the QB to make up the difference. I was worried they were on their way to a 4-12 implosion, but I think they'll probably be an up and down 7-9 team. And you weren't banged up where the Rams need it, which is your OL and RB. STL can't stop any run game

I'm not sold on any of the spread guys. The three best young QBs all came from a pro-style offense

trolling aside i think the rams made a mistake early in the year with their playcalling. i honestly had not seen any of their games before the TNF game but early on when they came out in a shotgun on 3rd and 1 near FG range of a close game i said uhhhh.... alright...

i know they couldn't run for shit on us in that game but that close to fg range you can't get 1 yard in 2 plays?

ikKxjpMAZSScG.gif

Another routine play, but I just wanted to point out why Ziggy Hood (#96) is so frustrating. Dude is far and away the strongest guy on the team, yet it doesn't show up on gameday. He's easily blown 4-5 yards off the ball on some plays. Here is no exception. Howard and Willie Colon get under his pads and completely drive him downfield. C'mon Ziggy - it's nice to defeat boxes and floor mats but how about beating a block on 3rd down?

Godslay

Banned
You know you've said something wrong if Fox breaks out of his robot coach speak:

"I saw the comments, and to be honest with you I thought it was a bit of a cheap shot," Fox told the hosts. "To me, in my opinion, they were disappointing and inappropriate. Peyton would never say anything, he's too classy to do that, but they sounded a little ungrateful and unappreciative to me, for a guy that's set a standard, won a Super Bowl, won division titles, won four MVP awards. I'd be thankful of that one Super Bowl ring, because a lot of people don't have one."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Fox-Defends-Manning/68791a87-6a0d-464a-a582-136d2582ea8c

jakncoke

Banned
izb3UsV21sbHT.gif

Jets playing this one run all the way, which leaves them vulnerable on the edges.Cromartie gets burned bad by Sanders on a double move, Ben notices it, and the it's nothing but daylight for 6. Amazing what commitment to the run will get you.

edit: Also, Steelers had to give up a conditional pick to the Cards if Levi Brown played 5 games. Since he didn't even play1, the Steelers give up nothing.

Awesome

squicken

trolling aside i think the rams made a mistake early in the year with their playcalling. i honestly had not seen any of their games before the TNF game but early on when they came out in a shotgun on 3rd and 1 near FG range of a close game i said uhhhh.... alright...

i know they couldn't run for shit on us in that game but that close to fg range you can't get 1 yard in 2 plays?

They couldn't run in any game, not just SF. They have zero rushing TDs, though they have run better recently. But they can't line up and just run. They lack that kind of offensive line. There's a lot of competing and conflicting goals that were set with the offense, and they had to scrap the wide open stuff and go back to what Schotty and Fisher have always run.

I think what scared Fisher was that he thought they could spread the field and run those kind of nickle runs that college teams run, but they were only getting 2 YPC even when they had the numbers advantage. No run game was exposing Bradford and getting them in bad down and distance, which just made it worse.

Lots of bungling with the way Schottenheimer was doing things, but he's dealing with a very young offense. Bradford has plunked 3 WRs in the back already b/c the receivers failed to make sight adjusts on blitzes. So I have a bit more patience with Schotty than most fans b/c of the personnel and demands of Fisher. The defense is so bad that it is now the offense that has to protect the defense by shortening the game. Turnovers by JAX and HOU masked how bad they have been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom