• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down, I was just about to bet Godslay too, lol.

I'm at a weird place right now. I want us to win, but if that happens Irsay gets satisfaction. He is such a classless fuck at times. Funny thing about this is that there's a whole lot of shit Peyton could say, but it wouldn't be professional.

Plenty of people root for the team in spite of their owner, or else there wouldn't be any Knicks fans

The fans know who made that franchise relevant, and he sure as hell wasn't sitting in the owner's box on game days.

Godslay

Banned
As long as Denver's D doesn't quit like it did in that Baltimore game, there shouldn't be any excuses.

I hope it won't, and I won't think they will. Assuming we make it of course.

Nice OT, Godslay.

Will be back in Michigan (again!) this weekend, might actually get to watch the Lions go against AJ Green. How's he been looking this year, by the by?

Thanks bro. Thanks to Greatest Jedi too, saw the post.

I'm down, I was just about to bet Godslay too, lol.

I'm at a weird place right now. I want us to win, but if that happens Irsay gets satisfaction. He is such a classless fuck at times. Funny thing about this is that there's a whole lot of shit Peyton could say, but it wouldn't be professional.

Yeah, I was about to throw out an avatar bet, but I think there is only you and Narag. Irsay got me fired up, so I was going to put good old O on the line. If he's up for it I'll take it I guess.

As far as Irsay, the one thing I can respect is that he speaks his mind. Doesn't pull any punches. It just irks me, because it would be like Pat Bowlen shitting on Elway for losing 3 SBs, and only winning 2 out of 5. Appreciate that you got to the pinnacle. Whatever though, Indy fans get it even if Irsay doesn't.

brentech

This season sucks for injuries. Packers can't catch a damn break. I still can't believe Nick Perry is going to be out multiple weeks.

Not sure what we did to the football gods to deserve all of this. Packers have been decimated by injuries the last few years

AJ Hawk to the rescue! (aided by Mike Neal and Datone Jones)

Hopefully Hayward back in the fold soon..been saying that for weeks though.

eznark

Banned
I don't understand why they are calling it a "secret child." Has he done anything to actively hide the fact that she exists? What a bullshit story. Guy loses a kid and the media shits all over itself to pile dirt on him. Guy like Warren Sapp and Brian Urlacher refuse to pay child support for years and years and the media buries the story. Garbage.

Milchjon

the mother of AP's 4th child first met the NFL star while serving him as a VIP waitress at a place called Seven -- a steakhouse, sushi joint and ultralounge all wrapped in one.

Damn America, why can't we be like you.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't understand why they are calling it a "secret child." Has he done anything to actively hide the fact that she exists? What a bullshit story.

But tmz didn't know, so it's a massive coup.

Seriously, why would anyone care?

jakncoke

Banned
I don't understand why they are calling it a "secret child." Has he done anything to actively hide the fact that she exists? What a bullshit story. Guy loses a kid and the media shits all over itself to pile dirt on him. Guy like Warren Sapp and Brian Urlacher refuse to pay child support for years and years and the media buries the story. Garbage.

Facts dont bring in the click rate

But tmz didn't know, so it's a massive coup.

Seriously, why would anyone care?
I for one am shocked and appalled at the newfound knowledge that professional athletes have sex out of wedlock!

Forget concussions, this outrage is the real NFL scandal of the century! Somebody get a quote from Tim Tebow!

cdyhybrid

Yeah.

I want Popeyes. And Taco Bell.

Ah, dammit. I'm going to sleep.

You should have a bag of Dick's.

8uW0M3g.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
According to Matthew Futterman and Shalini Ramachandran of the Wall Street Journal, the NFL is considering adding more Thursday night games to its current slate of 13 televised by NFL Network.

Per the report, the league could stage some Thursday night doubleheaders, with games being televised on networks other than the league-owned broadcast operation.

The NFL reportedly is disappointed that the present approach, which expanded last year to cover most Thursdays, hasn’t generated more interest. In addition to additional Thursday night games, some of the games currently televised by NFL Network could be sold to other networks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/report-league-considers-adding-more-thursday-games/

Holy fuck. Clearly the reason nobody cares about Thursday Night Football is because there isn't enough of it...

According to Matthew Futterman and Shalini Ramachandran of the Wall Street Journal, the NFL is considering adding more Thursday night games to its current slate of 13 televised by NFL Network.

Per the report, the league could stage some Thursday night doubleheaders, with games being televised on networks other than the league-owned broadcast operation.

The NFL reportedly is disappointed that the present approach, which expanded last year to cover most Thursdays, hasn’t generated more interest. In addition to additional Thursday night games, some of the games currently televised by NFL Network could be sold to other networks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/report-league-considers-adding-more-thursday-games/

Holy fuck. Clearly the reason nobody cares about Thursday Night Football is because there isn't enough of it...

Way to ruin a good thing, NFL. Ugh. Throwing more games at it is certainly the best solution

Doomsayer

This is real? Wow.

Gooddell is trash.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Obvious fix is to put it to a major network. NBC, CBS, Fox. Nfl network doesn't have the same clout.

None of these networks would want this garbage. Would pull in way worse ratings than regular programming. ESPN would be like the only major network to touch this.

So give more teams 3 day turnarounds to prepare for a game on Thursday? Goodell says he cares about player safety, but a lot of his proposals seem to stand in contrast to what he says. No way is this helpful to players, nor is it that advantageous to consumers, who are basically receiving bottom of the barrel games for the sake of "more football".

That's what the article hinted at. Make it a bidding war so they're getting maximum value from terrible games.

We'll still wind up with a crappy game, because the major networks will not lose one of their marque games, and teams will still have less preparation because of the Sunday turnaround.

Godslay

Banned
None of these networks would want this garbage. Would pull in way worse ratings than regular programming. ESPN would be like the only major network to touch this.

Monday Night Football would be middle of the pack of the top 10 during primetime for major networks. Assuming that a major network did pick it up, and the matchups were good, it wouldn't do terrible. Plus you have the added advantage of having that audience locked in for that time period versus 0.5/1 hour blocks, where they might jump from one show to the next and maybe to a different network.

That's what the article hinted at. Make it a bidding war so they're getting maximum value from terrible games.

Yeah, seems that way.

I was trying to get at the point were if the Thursday night matchup was dished off to a major network as a opposed to multiple games. Could have one Thursday night game and increase it's viewership by taking it away from cable. Would probably roughly double it's rating, assuming it matches the Monday Night viewership.

squicken

Thursdays sucks b/c of the short week. Add another bye week and only let teams play game with some minimum number of days off. It's not so much about safety as it is bad product. Doing two games increases the odds that one is worth watching, and lets them sell another instance of Red Zone as well

edit: TD rate goes down, INT rate goes up, QBR and completion percentage go down. Safety is what people pretend to care about. The actual reason no one likes it is b/c it is shitty to watch

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/92941/inside-slant-thursday-night-tackling?src=mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom