• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I like the idea of Thursday night, liked it back when I was a kid and they had games on TNT, but it's harder to get fans to tune in midweek. They also put every team on, and fans disregard a lot of the matches, best game may have been the two worst* teams, quality of play has been poor.

I do want them to figure something out. Like having games on at different time slots, you're exposed to more teams/players. I want to see what other teams are doing/running, how the talent stacks up. Tired of watching the same dozen teams going at it in prime slots.

On the flip side, when you expose more fans to more teams, you really see the gap between some of these teams. Parity...lol

I agree. I like seeing the different teams and I really don't care if they are bad. I just want them more rested. The Bears and Giants looked dead on their feet. The Rams played the worst game they had played in 2 years. The Cards are all sorts of banged up and it's going to be brutal seeing SEA take it to them. Add a bye week, sell another week of TV, and give everyone a bye before the Thursday game. Who hates more football?

cashman

Banned
I'm glad the Cowboys for the most part don't have to play in that garbage product, but instead play in the only real Thursday game.

I agree. I like seeing the different teams and I really don't care if they are bad. I just want them more rested. The Bears and Giants looked dead on their feet. The Rams played the worst game they had played in 2 years. The Cards are all sorts of banged up and it's going to be brutal seeing SEA take it to them. Add a bye week, sell another week of TV, and give everyone a bye before the Thursday game. Who hates more football?

cards are going to work the seachickens since it's in arizona. you'll see, you'll all see!

Pimpwerx

Yes, it's so stupid. Makes Dolphins fans look bad to whine about that crap during a Colts game especially.

Speak for yourself. I made two posts about it, and both were mere observations. If you see them as whining, well...then you've got a bit of an inferiority complex. We're allowed to comment on players from other teams now, right?

Also, my post wasn't nearly the only one commenting on Luck, and was probably one of the nicest ones that was critical of him. I didn't just go, "LOLuck sucks" like at least a dozen other posters did. SMH.

Making Dolphins fans look bad? EAD. I got season tix. I actually support my team somewhere other than GAF. PEACE.

Sure didn't keep Aldon off the sauce.

aldon actually doesn't have a problem at all. this was a stunt our coaching staff pulled to get lemon party and some of our other guys playing time while giving aldon a well deserved rest. it was like that time where earthquake smashed hulk hogan and he was "in the hospital" but in reality he was just on vacation and let someone else have the spotlight for a while. itruly a selfless player

effzee

TNF will never be as big as the NFL wants well because of the tv contracts.

By priority NBC gets the supposed best game of the week. Then the best possible NFC match up for FOX, best possible AFC for CBS, ESPN then gets the next best for MNF, and finally TNF.

Unless they re-do some of the rights or contracts it will always be one of the least desirable games on TNF.

LJ11

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62939526/

Seeing LJ and WW reminded me of this article. About the 5 most disastrous QB season in NFL history b/c of injury, a list the Bills may join. Sorry bros

e:

lol That's like a home game for about half the visiting teams that play there

Even with the problems at QB, they've scored at least 20 points in every game. I almost enjoy watching this QB carousel because the coaches have to scheme their asses off.

This week I saw a lot more variety of run plays, they trapped, ran some gap plays, had to churn yards and keep Lewis in manageable situations. Ran more screen plays this week than they did in their past 5 games combined, still need to execute better.

First 3 games were a mess on the ground, lot more variety now. I was convinced this run game was going nowhere after the first 3 games, they seemed stubborn, but they turned it around even with the injuries.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Even with the problems at QB, they've scored at least 20 points in every game. I almost enjoy watching this QB carousel because the coaches have to scheme their asses off.

This week I saw a lot more variety of run plays, they trapped, ran some gap plays, had to churn yards and keep Lewis in manageable situations. Ran more screen plays this week than they did in their past 5 games combined, still need to execute better.

First 3 games were a mess on the ground, lot more variety now. I was convinced this run game was going nowhere after the first 3 games, they seemed stubborn, but they turned it around even with the injuries.

Plus the DROY

aldon actually doesn't have a problem at all. this was a stunt our coaching staff pulled to get lemon party and some of our other guys playing time while giving aldon a well deserved rest. it was like that time where earthquake smashed hulk hogan and he was "in the hospital" but in reality he was just on vacation and let someone else have the spotlight for a while. itruly a selfless player

At least you guys have the future best QB of all time!

In one year I managed to watch two teams that were 4-0 in championship games all lose in their franchises history.

Plus the DROY

shGEx.St.4.jpeg

huh?

p.s.

no tripping penalty called against erron here of course. thankfully we don't need penalties to be called appropriately to destroy the sorry ass packers time and time again

Jets are going to shock the Patriots -- and themselves -- this Sunday. Book it. Really I see this week being a big week for upsets. Pittsburgh, Houston, NYJ and maybe even Arizona. Just that foreboding sense of it being one of those wild weeks.

I'd believe in Cleveland, if Hoyer was starting.

Spinluck

Speak for yourself. I made two posts about it, and both were mere observations. If you see them as whining, well...then you've got a bit of an inferiority complex. We're allowed to comment on players from other teams now, right?

Also, my post wasn't nearly the only one commenting on Luck, and was probably one of the nicest ones that was critical of him. I didn't just go, "LOLuck sucks" like at least a dozen other posters did. SMH.

Making Dolphins fans look bad? EAD. I got season tix. I actually support my team somewhere other than GAF. PEACE.

Comment and criticize all you like. I don't care if you don't think Luck is good. To each his own. It's the hypothetical bullshit lol, like, "Tannehill would be thriving with that Oline or that WR corps." Besides the fact you that you don't know what a good Oline looks like, why does it matter? If you watched any of our games you'd see Luck makes them look less shitty than they actually are. Even when he's playing like shit. PEACE.

squicken

-_-
Just want less potential teams taking qbs high ;)
[/QUTE]

haha I am a fan of AP so I hope that they get a QB there that can help his career. I just think they need to be wary, like Oakland, of some sort of Derek Anderson magic season where they don't think correctly long term

Spades

Well, it was nice to have a week of watching football without sweat and tears whilst the Dolphins were on a bye - now it's starting again with the hope we can put the Bills down on the weekend.

Hello everyone, by the way!

eznark

Banned
Thursdays sucks b/c of the short week. Add another bye week and only let teams play game with some minimum number of days off. It's not so much about safety as it is bad product. Doing two games increases the odds that one is worth watching, and lets them sell another instance of Red Zone as well

edit: TD rate goes down, INT rate goes up, QBR and completion percentage go down. Safety is what people pretend to care about. The actual reason no one likes it is b/c it is shitty to watch

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/92941/inside-slant-thursday-night-tackling?src=mobile

Hahaha haha Seifert is such a retard. What use isn't to compare Thursday night games in general to other games? You need to compare team x on Thursday vs. team x on other nights. And you need to do it for the decade or whatever that we've had TNF.

Personally I think the games suck because NFL gets last pick on games and those games would suck on Sunday, Monday or Thursday. It makes no sense that tackling would be worse. You don't forget how to tackle all week and then suddenly remember as a result of Friday walk through.

Milchjon

His yards-per-attempt rank 30th out of 35, behind Chad Henne and Brandon Weeden. His completion percentage is 27th at 56.9, below Christian Ponder and Mike Glennon.

Is this Tom Brady's most impressive year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom