• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Interesting, I don't remember it, but then again I drank about two beers for every TD. So it's a bit fuzzy at the end there.

I thought it was. Maybe Texans/Chargers? Just know it was week 1 if it was the new one concerning the long snapper.

Brady has looked really flustered, maybe it's the pass rush, maybe it's the awful receivers, maybe it's the age catching up to him. Horrible execution today and really the pats should've lost a few more already, really tough road ahead for the pats.

People keep saying awful receivers, but I'm not buying it. Even when they are wide open Brady is making it hard on them to catch the ball. There are some plays like the back shoulder one they tried near the end of the game where it's a communication/receiver issue, but most of it's Brady's fault. He has just not been accurate all season, and he isn't the player he once was. That deep ball is fucking gone, and he is struggling to throw anything more than 10-15 yards. His accuracy is what is killing him. He can't for whatever reason make the throws this year.

I know he is number#12 of the Pats but the long ball has been gone for a while, pretty much the same time Moss walked out.

The under 20 yard passes and his accuracy is what kept him in that position still but this year, they have been taking tolls as well and equally, he has been making poor judgements.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ed reed is old and needs to retire.

:jnc

Let's not get carried away.

We would be. Our division is weak this year. Our defense is decent (the problem is that Weeden's constant three-and-outs means they're on the field the whole fucking game). Our offense, when using a semi-competent QB, can be pretty explosive with folks like Cameron and Gordon.

It's the fucking Ginger.

Bowser

BillSimmons: I hope that lousy call doesn't overshadow the real story of that Pats game - Brady turning into the long-lost Detmer brother.

It begins.

I think our team benefits immensely from having a stud blocking fullback on the field. Doubly valuable since Sherman can catch.

Surprised the position has mostly died off in the league.

TheFatOne

You know it's annoying that the announcers didn't give enough credit to the Jets oline. They gave up some pressures,and a couple of sacks. In the running game though they were dominant. The interior part of the line just ate up the Pats today. That last drive to kill time was one of the most dominant performances I have seen in the running game against the Pats. If they would have pulled it off it would probably be the worst I have seen the Pats play against the run in one drive. Also, Wilkerson is a beast. Guy does everything right.
I know he is number#12 of the Pats but the long ball has been gone for a while, pretty much the same time Moss walked out.

The under 20 yard passes and his accuracy is what kept him in that position still but this year, they have been taking tolls as well and equally, he has been making poor judgements.

I'm always worried about Brady getting old so the accuracy things scares the hell out of me. If he can't be accurate on throws over 10-15 yards he's toast.

Who needs wide receivers?
jYtULgY.gif

Surprisingly im not even much mad about losing the game.

Pats had no business being in it. Hopefully Talib and Kelly come back next week, and the offense will be better with Gronk if Brady gets his shit together.

True.

I don't know how and why KT wasn't used today other than for those couple of bad throws made by Brady to him. Dobson did make few catches, couple of drops I believe.

I believe Austin Collie was used thrice of which he made a catch.

Edelman made few nice catches but he needs to be thrown to more. He is clutch when he needs to be.

I need not say more for Gronk, he will get better and it will only be good news for the Pats.

Something similar. I can't remember the game, but I believe I have seen the Pats do it earlier in the year. I would have to look through the games to be sure though.

It seems like a thing all teams have been doing forever. On first look it looked like Jones was trying to move to the other side of the other player and pushed him in the back whilst doing so. But I had a tough time seeing it, so he might have been pushing the guy in the back.

Whatever, he should have known the rule and avoided every thing that could have warranted the call. Simple as that. Sucks that it got called at that point in the game, because it might have directly influenced the result, but it is what it is.

Team played a terrible game. Offense started off really well, Brady seemed to get into his groove spreading the ball around, but the Jets made the right adjustments, the offensive play calling went down the drain and Brady started to lock in on Gronk too much and missed easy throws.

5-2 isn't all that bad and still has us on course for the playoffs, that's all that matters right now. Try to grow as the season progresses and win when it's most important.

that was fun

Hurry up with the avatar, I wanna shut down my computer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know it's annoying that the announcers didn't give enough credit to the Jets oline. They gave up some pressures,and a couple of sacks. In the running game though they were dominant. The interior part of the line just ate up the Pats today. That last drive to kill time was one of the most dominant performances I have seen in the running game against the Pats. If they would have pulled it off it would probably be the worst I have seen the Pats play against the run in one drive. Also, Wilkerson is a beast. Guy does everything right.

Thats a total understatement. Brick got completely destroyed by Jones today. It was disgusting.

bionic77

When is the last time the Ravens and Steelers were this bad?

We can't even make Flacco look horrible. That's shameful this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom