• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillis is the RB the Giants are picking up from the several they gave tryouts to yesterday.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants to sign RB Peyton Hillis, per sources.
They may still sign DJ Ware as well from what I read. It's a who's who of has beens! :D

Gonna pick up Pacific Rim today. I need it. Its amazing.
The Blu-Ray is one of the best discs I've had the pleasure of spinning. Pure demo material from an audio/visual perspective.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Packers-GAF, any must have foods inside Lambeau?

Also found out I'm going to Brett Favre steakhouse for the tailgate.

ibv7l27smxyNcO.gif

First Turnover of the season, five games in. Geno threw to a spot on the field. Don't think he processed what was there until the ball was out.

Steelers obviously saw something on this, as Gay [#22] keyed in Clark [#25] that the motion man was getting the ball. Gay jams him at the line to throw him off his timing, and Clark comes over and snatches it. They were damn sure too, as Clark left his man wide open in the middle of the endzone.

Packers-GAF, any must have foods inside Lambeau?

Also found out I'm going to Brett Favre steakhouse for the tailgate.

Curly's Pub inside of Lambeau is pretty good but that's a sitdown place. Their cheese curds are great. I got brats while I was in the stadium during the game, but the stuff that's available from all the tailgaters beforehand is better and obviously cheaper.

MechDX

JJ Watt is that defense.

Defense has just given up. While Schaub has been on his historic streak and the offense along with him the defense was working its ass off. They finally stopped trying in the Niners game and it will probably stay that way until changes are made. Things in that locker room just can not be as rosy as they are being portrayed.

Squicken is posting, while the Texans melt down, with a raging boner because well he is a spiteful, pathetic person.

bionic77

This morning NFLN was having a debate about who was having the better year, Brady or Manning. The female host, I dont know her name, said Brady because of the comeback against the Saints. Ignoring the I give up int he threw on the previous series, if Brees had 200 yards and 2 TD's against the Broncos Manning would not have needed to come back, the Broncos would have been up by 28 in the 4th quarter.
Brady has looked like garbage for most of the year. The Saints comeback was only possible because Brees and their coach are fucking idiots.

Back to Tammy. He has been inaccurate all year long. Especially on deep balls. Brady homers want to blame the receivers, who have had drops, but despite good protection Tammy is not putting the ball where it needs to be.

Anyone with eyes and a brain can see this.

The Pats defense on the other hand has been good. First time we can say that in a long time. I just hope the Pats don't start calling more run plays and slow things down on offense (this would really hurt Tammys feelings) because that might make them legit SB contenders in the postseason.

squicken

This play gets fucked up because they're blitzing 51 into the A gap, leaving the B gap open. What's the down and distance here?

First and 10. The thing is Barksdale, the RT, is supposed to get Manning, #38. But Manning just stares at the play, letting Barksdale stay on Watt. Wells comes off Watt to pick up #53, but they kind of go to standstill, so Wells can dive at Watts back at the end of the play

e:

LZ has been talking all week about the LBs running around blocks instead of taking them on. The Texans are a bad blitzing team. Dunno if it is scheme of personnel, but they rarely get home

TheContact

Brady has looked like garbage for most of the year. The Saints comeback was only possible because Brees and their coach are fucking idiots.

Back to Tammy. He has been inaccurate all year long. Especially on deep balls. Brady homers want to blame the receivers, who have had drops, but despite good protection Tammy is not putting the ball where it needs to be.

Anyone with eyes and a brain can see this.

The Pats defense on the other hand has been good. First time we can say that in a long time. I just hope the Pats don't start calling more run plays and slow things down on offense (this would really hurt Tammys feelings) because that might make them legit SB contenders in the postseason.

he hasn't been entirely accurate but a lot of his incompletions (due to drops) and miscues (due to rookie WRs) aren't his fault entirely and his stats aren't reflective of his skill level bc of this

Payton looks way better but damn look at his receivers. Geno Smith would have stats comparable to Payton...ok maybe not but if you gave Payton Brady's receivers, he isn't 6 and 0

bionic77

he hasn't been entirely accurate but a lot of his incompletions (due to drops) and miscues (due to rookie WRs) aren't his fault entirely and his stats aren't reflective of his skill level bc of this
I have not seen all of his throws, but of the games I have seen he has been hot garbage.

Even Pat fans know this, even if they won't admit it to the rest of us.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
First and 10. The thing is Barksdale, the RT, is supposed to get Manning, #38. But Manning just stares at the play, letting Barksdale stay on Watt. Wells comes off Watt to pick up #53, but they kind of go to standstill, so Wells can dive at Watts back at the end of the play

e:

LZ has been talking all week about the LBs running around blocks instead of taking them on. The Texans are a bad blitzing team. Dunno if it is scheme of personnel, but they rarely get home

Why are you watching the backside of the play? But while we're at it, that side is actually positioned well, other than Watt getting his ass kicked. Manning is in the gap he expects the ball to be run into, according to the blocking he sees up front. They show a fb lead to the offenses right and then run a counter, it's the play side guys who aren't doing their jobs. 51 isn't in his gap and 94 flops himself out of the play.

e - Do the rams run a lot of fb lead?

BigAT

Madden Cover Athlete! Big jump up from helmet thrower/fan decapitator.

Hey, did you see the monster he attempted to decapitate? I think history has judged him as being in the right. Plus he had 100+ yards and was one of the few bright spots in their last loss.

Colasante

I have not seen all of his throws, but of the games I have seen he has been hot garbage.

Even Pat fans know this, even if they won't admit it to the rest of us.

I don't know why you would try to boil it down to such a binary issue. Brady has been a lot less accurate than in years past, but the receivers have also caused problems by running the wrong routes, running routes at incorrect depths, and dropping balls. Josh McDaniels' playcalling has also been less creative and he's made some very poor decisions in the red zone.

Yes, Manning has played much better than Brady this year, no doubt about that, but obviously circumstances have to be taken into account. If the offenses were swapped, would Brady be putting up Manning's numbers? Maybe, maybe not. But to make it seem like Manning > Brady and that's the end of the discussion isn't the most accurate assessment.

I don't know why you would try to boil it down to such a binary issue. Brady has been a lot less accurate than in years past, but the receivers have also caused problems by running the wrong routes, running routes at incorrect depths, and dropping balls. Josh McDaniels' playcalling has also been less creative and he's made some very poor decisions in the red zone.

Yes, Manning has played much better than Brady this year, no doubt about that, but obviously circumstances have to be taken into account. If the offenses were swapped, would Brady be putting up Manning's numbers? Maybe, maybe not. But to make it seem like Manning > Brady and that's the end of the discussion isn't the most accurate assessment.

But the question they were asking wasnt who is better Brady or Manning, it was who is having a better year. I cant imagine that anyone in the NFL this year is having a better season so far then Manning.

Florio doing his usual bang up job of being a complete fucking moron. The two guys are close friends in reality and it's a fucking non-story. :jnc

I did enjoy the fumbling rib though.:D

I read Art Stapleton's short reaction about how immature this is and it shows they aren't taking this seriously and fans would be pissed and blah blah blah blah blah. Considering this team likes to mope after fucking up on the field it's almost welcoming.

eznark

Banned
Florio doing his usual bang up job of being a complete fucking moron. The two guys are close friends in reality and it's a fucking non-story. :jnc

I did enjoy the fumbling rib though.:D
Jesus Christ that's the most obvious shit talking amongst friends. Florin is such a dumb cunt. I assume no one has ever been his friend so he wouldn't know.

squicken

Why are you watching the backside of the play? But while we're at it, that side is actually positioned well, other than Watt getting his ass kicked. Manning is in the gap he expects the ball to be run into, according to the blocking he sees up front. They show a fb lead to the offenses right and then run a counter, it's the play side guys who aren't doing their jobs. 51 isn't in his gap and 94 flops himself out of the play.

e - Do the rams run a lot of fb lead?

PFF did a writeup on what STL did against Watt

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/16/analysis-notebook-week-6-2/

They really just tried to go away from Watt. When I watched the game again I was just trying to see what happened. Grain of salt of course, but it was Watt's first negative grade from PFF in 25 games. For a team that got killed by Ware, Hatcher, Bowman and Dorsey, it was a big change to be the team that was in control of the line of scrimmage

Foles named NFC Offensive Player of the Week :

Ruben Frank said:
Nick Foles has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in his first start of the season, a 31-20 win over the Buccaneers Sunday in Tampa.

Foles completed 22 of 31 passes for 296 yards with three touchdowns passing and one rushing.

His 133.3 passer rating was a career high and the highest against the Buccaneers in nearly two years, since Cam Newton had a 142.4 mark against Tampa in a 48-16 win in 2011 in Charlotte, N.C.

Foles started Sunday in place of injured Michael Vick. In two career starts in Tampa, Foles has thrown for 677 yards with five toucheowns and no interceptions.

Foles is the seventh Eagles quarterback to earn the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor since the inception of the official league awards in 1984.

Donovan McNabb (eight times), Randall Cunningham (four), Vick (three), Kevin Kolb (two) and Jim McMahon and Bobby Hoying (one each) have also won the award.

This is the first time an Eagles QB has been named Player of the Week since December of 2010, when Vick earned the honor after a win over the Giants at the Meadowlands.

The Eagles had just one Offensive PoW recipient in 2011 and none in 2012 but have now had two in a row. DeSean Jackson earned the honor after the Eagles’ win against the Giants on Oct. 6.

Foles is also among three nominees for the FedEx Air Player of the Week. Newton and Andy Dalton of the Bengals were also nominated.

“I think in this league, for you to be successful, you'd better have depth,” head coach Chip Kelly said. “I think it showed in our quarterback spot and it was very evident.

“I know a lot of people when your No. 1 quarterback goes down, there's a very big drop‑off, and there was no drop-off for us at all.”

So far this year, Foles has completed 41 of 61 passes (67.2 percent) for 542 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions and a 127.9 passer rating that’s second-highest in the league (behind Peyton Manning) among quarterbacks who’ve thrown at least 50 passes.

Kelly has not said whether Foles or Vick will start at quarterback once Vick is healthy enough to play.

Hunter S.

Remember last year when Peyton came to a whole new team that was 8-8 under Timmy Tebow the year before. He had two young and questionable young receivers at D. Thomas and Eric Decker.He had no proven tight end in J. Thomas only Jacob Tamme and Joel Dressen. His slot receiver was an aging buddy named Brandon Stokley that is now out of the league. Remember how he had no reliable running game.

Remember how he had just come off of a year with a broken vertabrae, and would have gotten a fifth MVP award if it was not for a very special running year by Adrian Peterson. Yeah, I remember that.

Is this the kind of thing they should be joking about in public though? It's not a good look.
Who cares? Seriously? Outside of media douchebags like Florio looking to make mountains out of mole hills that is.

As a fan, I couldn't care less. I follow them both on Twitter and anyone with half a brain could tell there was zero malice in anything they were saying. You're 0-6 though guys! No fun for you! Dead seriousness is the only acceptable behavior.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PFF did a writeup on what STL did against Watt

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/16/analysis-notebook-week-6-2/

They really just tried to go away from Watt. When I watched the game again I was just trying to see what happened. Grain of salt of course, but it was Watt's first negative grade from PFF in 25 games. For a team that got killed by Ware, Hatcher, Bowman and Dorsey, it was a big change to be the team that was in control of the line of scrimmage

Yeah. It's similar to what I see cfb teams do with Clowney.

But, for fun, let's look at the back side of this play, when they run at Watt:
Everyone is in their assigned gap. It's like they lose their fundamentals when it's run the other way. You'd think they'd expect the ball to be run away from Watt.

Yeah. It's similar to what I see cfb teams do with Clowney.

But, for fun, let's look at the back side of this play, when they run at Watt:

Everyone is in their assigned gap. It's like they lose their fundamentals when it's run the other way. You'd think they'd expect the ball to be run away from Watt.

You think the Texans are leaving Watt on an island?

Who cares? Seriously? Outside of media douchebags like Florio looking to make mountains out of mole hills that is.

As a fan, I couldn't care less. I follow them both on Twitter and anyone with half a brain could tell there was zero malice in anything they were saying. You're 0-6 though guys! No fun for you! Dead seriousness is the only acceptable behavior.

On one hand i'm with you. I honestly think this is a non issue. What usually happens in these situations though is that afterwards something else like this or more severe comes out, and it is immediately compounded with this to make the Giants look bad. People are gonna talk, it's best to just not give them the ammo. Especially for a Giants team that hears "fire Coughlin!" calls annually.

Smokey

46-10 Chiefs and then Kubiak goes on a Denny Green tirade in his presser. "Go ahead and crown their asses by gawd! They're battling!"

2-5," There's still plenty of season left"

yeah for you guys to break most pts contributed to the opposing team record

Miguel

:jnc Apparently CNN is running with the "Schaub jersey hanging out of car trunk" story.

This is the best week to be a Texans fan. Although depending on the result, the entire Bye week is going to be incredible.

effzee

Wait, Kevin Kolb won NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice in Philly? When did that happen?

Back when everyone in Philly was convinced that McNabb alone was the reason they never won or would win and that KOLBS was the savior.

I'm not saying Foles will be the same and so far he has been great. If it means we don't have to pick a QB in the first round next year and we can truly focus on infusing the D with talent this will be awesome and speed up the rebuild. It will really solve a lot of the confusion in years ahead though presently I care very little for that.

But with Foles I still need to see more. 1-2 good or great games we see from back ups all the time. Some make a career out of it (Kolb/Flynn). Foles faced two winless teams though TB's D isn't bad. That was impressive what he did. I really want to see if he can keep up or out duel Romo. Our D will make sure Dallas scores 30+. We will need to score close to 40 or more. Dallas's injuries on the Dline plus questionable secondary might be the perfect setting.

I think if Foles puts up another really impressive performance he will have to start. Its also a home game. I shudder to think the fan reaction if Vick was healthy enough to play. Not all fans hate him but if you go to the Eagles board or listen to sports radio everything and anything is Vick's fault. Its as if our D isn't horrible and the only thing holding us back from beating teams like the Chiefs or Broncos is Vick. We haven't won a home game going back to mid season last year. Vick would probably get booed for any incomplete pass or turnover.

But for now I still think Vick is the better player. And while his age doesn't concern me, he is only here for a year and always hurt. I do think if he was durable Chip and Vick could be dynamic together. Wish he comes back healthy if we are to have any playoffs hopes.

It is funny hearing people's arguments and goalposts move just because they have an agenda. Before it was turnovers. Well the improved OLINE and focus on running the ball have significantly cut down the turnovers. Basically the problems we had last year are exactly what the Giants are going through. How bad does Eli look? Well how Vick looked last year. Now its not that he throws INTs its that he is 33 and always hurt. At least that's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom