• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rs-week-6-redskins-problems-extend-beyond-rg3

Going back to 2009, here's how the Texans have fared in nationally televised regular-season games:

- 2009, Week 11 loss to the Titans, 20-17
- 2010, Week 8 loss to the Colts, 30-17
- 2010, Week 13 loss to the Eagles, 34-24
- 2010, Week 14 loss to the Ravens, 34-28 (OT)*
- 2011, Week 16 loss to the Colts, 19-16 ##
- 2012, Week 5 win over the Jets, 23-17
- 2012, Week 6 loss to the Packers, 42-24
- 2012, Week 11 win over the Bears, 13-6
- 2012, Week 14 loss to the Patriots, 42-14
- 2013, Week 1 win over the Chargers, 31-28
- 2013, Week 5 loss to the 49ers, 34-3

* The loss to Ravens in 2010 ended on -- you guessed it -- a Schaub pick-six.

## My own note, I believe that was Yates

LevelNth

Banned
Heed these words, if James Jones sits out this week (which I'm betting he will) just watch the praise that is heaped on Jarrett Boykin on Monday. Haden on Jordy, Boykin will get used in space and I like him.

If we could combine Ted Thompson's WR drafting ability with Trent Baalke's every-other-position drafting ability, we'd have a super GM.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Irsay is a moron. Proves yet again money doesnt buy class. And now hes blaming the listener!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/16/irsay-complains-about-negative-agendas/

Calling Peyton a playoff choker is not entirely true either.

According to Matthew Futterman and Shalini Ramachandran of the Wall Street Journal, the NFL is considering adding more Thursday night games to its current slate of 13 televised by NFL Network.

Per the report, the league could stage some Thursday night doubleheaders, with games being televised on networks other than the league-owned broadcast operation.

The NFL reportedly is disappointed that the present approach, which expanded last year to cover most Thursdays, hasn’t generated more interest. In addition to additional Thursday night games, some of the games currently televised by NFL Network could be sold to other networks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/report-league-considers-adding-more-thursday-games/

Holy fuck. Clearly the reason nobody cares about Thursday Night Football is because there isn't enough of it...
thursday night games would work better if the teams playing in them were coming off a bye.
If you listen to the players talk about the thursday night games, the older ones will tell you sometimes they are still recovering from the last game into wednesday.
They get one whole practice between the games, because monday is mostly light workout and film review, tuesday is mandatory off day.

Is this Tom Brady's most impressive year?

This morning NFLN was having a debate about who was having the better year, Brady or Manning. The female host, I dont know her name, said Brady because of the comeback against the Saints. Ignoring the I give up int he threw on the previous series, if Brees had 200 yards and 2 TD's against the Broncos Manning would not have needed to come back, the Broncos would have been up by 28 in the 4th quarter.

This morning NFLN was having a debate about who was having the better year, Brady or Manning. The female host, I dont know her name, said Brady because of the comeback against the Saints. Ignoring the I give up int he threw on the previous series, if Brees had 200 yards and 2 TD's against the Broncos Manning would not have needed to come back, the Broncos would have been up by 28 in the 4th quarter.

I don't think you have to convince anybody here. I think we're all realistic enough to see that Manning is having a better year than Brady (Although Denver has the Miami Heat WR crew, but still)

#FuckTheMannings

Mayo is officially done for the year.

Well that sucks :(

Milchjon

While I agree with you on Brady, I think the Broncos pass defense would probably have give up quite a few more points.

Heed these words, if James Jones sits out this week (which I'm betting he will) just watch the praise that is heaped on Jarrett Boykin on Monday. Haden on Jordy, Boykin will get used in space and I like him.

If we could combine Ted Thompson's WR drafting ability with Trent Baalke's every-other-position drafting ability, we'd have a super GM.

That's selling TT a little bit short.

The entire team is made up based on Ted's drafting ability. He almost literally uses no other avenues to build his team; so the quality of the team is pretty much entirely dependent on his drafting skills. A lot of teams emphasize draft and develop but I dont think any take it to the extent that he does.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

...this is a really dumb question. Manning is having a better year than anyone has ever had in the NFL. He's already got more TDs than Brady had in 2007, he's got more TDs than Warner did the year they went to the superbowl.

Milchjon

...this is a really dumb question. Manning is having a better year than anyone has ever had in the NFL. He's already got more TDs than Brady had in 2007, he's got more TDs than Warner did the year they went to the superbowl.

But... he's ugly and stuff...

:-(

While I agree with you on Brady, I think the Broncos pass defense would probably have give up quite a few more points.

That is a good point. The Pats D has been incredible so far this year. They have been a huge surprise, especially after how poor they looked at the end of last season.

TheContact

Mayo getting put on IR really sucks. Our D has been keeping us alive all season so far but it just keeps getting thinner and thinner each week with bad injuries to key players. Even if Talib comes back next week he won't be 100%. He should probably rest, I'm not too worried about the offensive capabilities of the Jets O

Miguel

Was it the big boobed hispanic chick with no real reason to be there besides having big boobs? I like big boobs. What were we talking about again?

^model for that show.

That is a good point. The Pats D has been incredible so far this year. They have been a huge surprise, especially after how poor they looked at the end of last season.

Aqib Talib and Dennard are playing out of their minds at corner and McCourty is locking it down at safety. Linebackers are covering better as well, especially Hightower.

Gonna be real tough to stay on that level though with the captain Mayo going down now, Wilfork being out and Talib being banged up.

Was it the big boobed hispanic chick with no real reason to be there besides having big boobs? I like big boobs. What were we talking about again?

^model for that show.

NoAyTpH.gif

Godslay

Banned
Jim IrsayVerified account
‏@JimIrsay
4 old time sake,a few Peyton completions to old teammates..only this time defensive old teammates like #41:) :) :) Let's bring good energy!

Oh Jimmy.

Has he explained yet why he was wearing a womans sweater during the post game press conference? It has to be him trolling at this point.

manfestival

im surprised the bucs dont make it out on the ugly section of these things. 0-5 and nothing to show either. yeah our stats are middle of the road but our record is rock bottom

It's even better in person, trust me.

When they repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot and squander yet another halftime lead, you'll feel the full impact!

Plus the chance to see Weeden pull of another once in a life time play like the underhand flip to a defender.

BigAT

Hillis is the RB the Giants are picking up from the several they gave tryouts to yesterday.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants to sign RB Peyton Hillis, per sources.

The Go-Ahead for the Oakland Coliseum planning vote passed yesterday. If the Raiders intend to stay they have to sign a letter pledging to stay aboard by late April.

Also the Raiders have only one Away game this month coupled with the bye, it should be nice for our battered O-Line

I really wish Man of Steel was out on Blu-ray

Me to. I really enjoyed that movie. I thought they did a good job of making Superman interesting and giving him some personality. I really hope the World's Finest movie is good. Affleck as Batman has me very worried but hopefully he can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom