• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver

NFL.com has the Bud Adams story:

It's unfortunate that what started out as a happy day after hearing Darius Reynaud was cut turns into a sad one due to Bud's passing. I grew up an Oilers fan and have fond memories of the Love Ya Blue era. Bum and Bud on the same weekend. That's harsh. :(

eznark

Banned
Can't decide if you are more butt hurt over being whipped in the Superbowl, or me saying Von got the Clay Matthews Juicer Scholarship at Cushing U.

Didn't see that post. We are brothers in cheering for steroid abusers! Why would I be butthurt? I think Von maybe should have gone with the stamina improving juice though, guy could not have been pathetically irrelevant yesterday.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't see that post. We are brothers in cheering for steroid abusers! Why would I be butthurt? I think Von maybe should have gone with the stamina improving juice though, guy could not have been pathetically irrelevant yesterday.

Fair enough. I said prior to the game, to manage expectations of Von. I guess people missed that post too. Busy thread, can't read them all I guess.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86804512&postcount=6869

harSon

Banned
di62c9.gif

Too bad he dropped that touchdown in the endzone.

Edit: And I give up on Fantasy. I had Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne and Doug Martin on my team.

Syrinx

Doug Martin is out for the season?! But now who will Mike Sullivan use as a crutch in his incredibly vanilla and embarrassingly predictable offense?

Anyway, sucks for him, he's a good player and seems like a good dude. In a few ways though this injury may actually be a good thing for the Bucs going forward. His young body won't continue to take abuse playing for a lost season (and I'm not a doctor, but a shoulder injury sounds like something he could come back from; if it was a knee then I'd be way more down), this gives other running backs like Mike James a chance to show they can contribute so that they don't have to use Martin on every fucking play in the future, and maybe this opens up the offense a bit for Glennon so we can really see what he's got. He played pretty well yesterday.

squicken

Something I find fascinating about fans and media is not grasping performance in context of opponent. Foles blowing up on a disintegrating TB teams mean nothing w/o more performances of similar production. Same with RG3 and a decimated Chicago team. Maybe he is back, but it is more likely that any average QB or non Jags team is going to score at will on that defense. If anything, that WAS' defense couldn't stop the backup QB is the biggest takeaway from that game

Something I find fascinating about fans and media is not grasping performance in context of opponent. Foles blowing up on a disintegrating TB teams mean nothing w/o more performances of similar production. Same with RG3 and a decimated Chicago team. Maybe he is back, but it is more likely that any average QB or non Jags team is going to score at will on that defense. If anything, that WAS' defense couldn't stop the backup QB is the biggest takeaway from that game
The NFL is a week to week over-reaction league. The media, more often than not isn't paid to be level headed. They are there to sell storylines. That's how you get the Kevin Kolb's and Matt Flynn's of the world getting ridiculous money for one off performances. You'd hope GM's are smarter than that but well...

ShaneB

The NFL is a week to week over-reaction league. The media, more often than not isn't paid to be level headed. They are there to sell storylines. That's how you get the Kevin Kolb's and Matt Flynn's of the world getting ridiculous money for one off performances. You'd hope GM's are smarter than that but well...

This.

This week the Colts are the best team in the AFC, whereas last week they get shut down by the Chargers and everyone is wondering what's happening to them.

Godslay

Banned
As of today, AFC Wildcard matchups would be:

Chargers @ Pats
Broncos @ Indy

Even with the loss last night, I'd take that rematch everytime. Bengals and Chiefs getting the first round bye.

squicken

This.

This week the Colts are the best team in the AFC, whereas last week they get shut down by the Chargers and everyone is wondering what's happening to them.

I think the context of the Colts win over Denver is that they also beat SEA and SF. They can beat any team in football, and hyperbole aside, they are legit 2013 SB contenders

jbug617

Banned
Rex told the refs to watch the Pats ST. Smart move because I don't think they would of called it.

@AlbertBreer: I'm told Jets coaches did alert officials to several things to watch for w/Pats' special teams, inc potential FG push, before Sunday's game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It doesn't help that many teams are desperate for a good QB, and are willing to try anything to get one.

gutshot

Except Tampa's D was actually highly ranked going into that game. Admittedly, it looks now like that may have been a fluke.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers fans seem to having trouble believing we actually have a good team this year. 3-3 doesn't look that great, but our game to game performance has been incredibly consistent, especially defensively. Even in the Arizona game, by far our worst game, we still outgained them by 100 yards. We're blowing out bad teams and losing close games. There are probably two defenses in the entire league you could objectively say are better than ours. Even the coaching has been better as of late. Seattle, NO, and the Packers are the only NFC teams you could objectively say are better than the Panthers right now. This team should make the playoffs, especially with the injury bug hurting the other teams who'll be competing for the NFC wild card.

Syrinx

Were you old enough to remember their SB? (Really wondering as I have no idea how old you might be.)

Was in fifth grade growing up in Connecticut. That was the time I really started to follow football and they were the team I went to. Turned out to be a huge mistake.

I think the context of the Colts win over Denver is that they also beat SEA and SF. They can beat any team in football, and hyperbole aside, they are legit 2013 SB contenders

I dont think they are SB contenders with out Wayne. I just dont see how they can replace a WR as important as he was. I hope I am wrong since I would love to see Luck get one right away.

As of today, AFC Wildcard matchups would be:

Chargers @ Pats
Broncos @ Indy

Even with the loss last night, I'd take that rematch everytime. Bengals and Chiefs getting the first round bye.
[/QUOTE]

Just like I predicted at the start of the season.

I've only been awake for two hours. Give me some time to think about how i'm gonna attack this.

Up for 2 hours? You better hurry up, don't want to miss the early bird special for dinner.

Rex told the refs to watch the Pats ST. Smart move because I don't think they would of called it.

Rex is a taddletale.

Bowser

Panthers fans seem to having trouble believing we actually have a good team this year. 3-3 doesn't look that great, but our game to game performance has been incredibly consistent, especially defensively. Even in the Arizona game, by far our worst game, we still outgained them by 100 yards. We're blowing out bad teams and losing close games. There are probably two defenses in the entire league you could objectively say are better than ours. Even the coaching has been better as of late. Seattle, NO, and the Packers are the only NFC teams you could objectively say are better than the Panthers right now. This team should make the playoffs, especially with the injury bug hurting the other teams who'll be competing for the NFC wild card.

I'm optimistic, but unfortunately I think we will just miss out on the playoffs. The horrific Bills loss and missing the chance to fatten up the record on a bad Cardinals team is going to haunt us. The schedule in the second half of the season gets pretty tough (@SF, vs NE, 2 games with the Saints, vs a better-than-expected NYJ, etc.). I think we end up with 8-9 wins and just miss out on the 2nd WC slot (SF or SEA has the first locked up already).

eznark

Banned

Probably why the flag came out so quickly. Kind of funny. I'm guessing the only team that has been doing this is the Patriots so it's extra funny that they bitch about this being the first time it's called.

Godslay

Banned
I dont think they are SB contenders with out Wayne. I just dont see how they can replace a WR as important as he was. I hope I am wrong since I would love to see Luck get one right away.

If they are pinning being SB contenders on one WR they are doing something wrong. He played an integral role certainly, but as long as Luck is back there he should be able to find someone to throw the ball too.

Just like I predicted at the start of the season.

Nice work.

I don't think you can form any opinions about much of anything this early in the season

Ask my fantasy team, shit, Romo looks like a GOAT QB against the Broncos, faces the Redskins and Eagles defenses the next two weeks and looks Tim Tebow out there.

Crisco

Banned
I'm optimistic, but unfortunately I think we will just miss out on the playoffs. The horrific Bills loss and missing the chance to fatten up the record on a bad Cardinals team is going to haunt us. The schedule in the second half of the season gets pretty tough (@SF, vs NE, 2 games with the Saints, vs a better-than-expected NYJ, etc.). I think we end up with 8-9 wins and just miss out on the 2nd WC slot (SF or SEA has the first locked up already).

Yeah, but who are we competing with for that 2nd spot? Chicago is basically done with those injures to Cutler and Briggs. The NFC East as a whole is total garbage. It's going to come down to us, Detroit and maybe Atlanta. We play Atlanta twice and already have a game on them. I like our chances against the Fatford/Schwartz tandem.

squicken

Except Tampa's D was actually highly ranked going into that game. Admittedly, it looks now like that may have been a fluke.

Tampa's effort level vs a depleted ATL team is pretty compelling proof that they have checked out as much as they ever did with Raheem

jbug617

Banned
The Jets next two games are going to be rough. I think they can keep up with Cincy but the Saints is going to be hard. Good news that game is at home.

After that little stretch their schedule is manageable.

Godslay

Banned
I meant at the end of the season.

Jets have some padding in their schedule. Chargers have tougher games imo. Tough call. Chargers have to split with Denver and KC to stay in it imo. Which I think is feasible the way Rivers is playing.

This also assumes that one of the teams below don't rise up from the muck.

Probably why the flag came out so quickly. Kind of funny. I'm guessing the only team that has been doing this is the Patriots so it's extra funny that they bitch about this being the first time it's called.
I read an article today stating that the jets had done the exact same thing earlier in the game. I bet most teams have been doing it. Rex probably just alerted them to look for it right before the kick. He'll end up just like Mangini.

I have no idea why people try to make the pats out to be some evil masterminds twirling their mustaches. They are a traditionally good team and they are probably a reason you missed the playoffs. Get over it.

Nice work.

Okay I didn't predict that. But That's only because I don't do predictions. You know why? Because you can't spell predictions without dick! And that's what all you people can eat a big bowl off.

I read an article today stating that the jets had done the exact same thing earlier in the game. I bet most teams have been doing it. Rex probably just alerted them to look for it right before the kick. He'll end up just like Mangini.

I have no idea why people try to make the pats out to be some evil masterminds twirling their mustaches. They are a traditionally good team and they are probably a reason you missed the playoffs. Get over it.

Posts like these aren't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom