• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston area crack dealers and Chicago area pizzerias

:jnc

I missed it was you, weird avatar.

Hey man, don't take the Pats being done out on me! Though I did warn you.

Pats should do themselves a favor and trade Brady now while he can still get something.

We can be completely irrelevant together, watching our Browns and Bills overlords rule us with their mighty force. We should hang out, we could be like Starsky and Hutch, even with you being around 40 years older than me.

Tabris

What? How is Brady finished. We have such short memories here. He was Clutch last week when he beat the Saints.

He has scored 1 touchdown in the last 3 games. Name me another starting QB with that current streak. He hasn't looked good at all. Can he turn it around? We'll see.

A couple other stats. 1 game with more than 300 yrds this season. Less touchdowns than Wes Welker. Ryan Tannehill has more passing touchdowns.

Levyne

Banned
Really stinks for Cutler, contract year too.

Perhaps bargaining at this point, but not like we were going anywhere quickly anyways.

We can be completely irrelevant together, watching our Browns and Bills overlords rule us with their mighty force. We should hang out, we could be like Starsky and Hutch, even with you being around 40 years older than me.

Sounds great!

Just some advice - it helps to remember your most recent Super Bowl win. Were you old enough to have memories of when the Pats won last? They say kids have their first memory at 2.

eznark

Banned
What? How is Brady finished. We have such short memories here. He was Clutch last week when he beat the Saints.

The O just got back their best receiver, and the second has been hurt all season.

20th in DYAR, 19th in DVOA.

Brady is done.

Plus who could have predicted Aaron Hernandez's situation.
Every other team in the NFL

Sounds great!

Just some advice - it helps to remember your most recent Super Bowl win. Were you old enough to have memories of when the Pats won last? They say kids have their first memory at 2.

I do! Man, this is going to be awesome. You like Beverly Hills cop? You probably saw it in cinemas with your grand children when it came out.

Even more injury news:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Source texts that Bears LB Lance Briggs will be out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury. No surgery necessary. Will be back this season.

Cutler out for a month.

@JayGlazer: Jay Cutler has a muscle tear in his groin. Out at least four weeks

man-standing-in-the-rain-gif.gif

I do! Man, this is going to be awesome. You like Beverly Hills cop? You probably saw it in cinemas with your grand children when it came out.

That's how old you'll be when the Pats are relevant again!

Like most Pats fans though, you'll have moved onto your new team by then. Cowboys are looking for new members.

effzee

Doug Martin, out for the year
Reggie Wayne, out for the year
Sam Bradford, out for the year
Brian Cushing, out for the year
Jay Cutler, out for the year (possibly)
Jermichael Finley, out indefinitely
Nick Foles, out for 2 weeks (speculation)
Michael Vick, miraculously healed!

Those last two have nothing to do with each other. I swear.

I truly believe that if he was given the go, Vick would have played last week and could have this week. Foles playing well helped Chip rest Vick more. I don't think its some conspiracy. Why rush him back if Foles is playing well?

Now though we really need him.

While I don't speak for every Eagles fan, I hate Vick because I don't trust him. I'm still salty about that Packers game in 2010. We should have won that game and maybe there wouldn't be so many stupid fucking State Farm commercials

Also, that Nick Foles rank is WAY too high. He gets an F- minimum

Hate Vick for a playoff loss? LOL ok but do you then also hate the entire D, Reid, and all the other players who cost us that win?

Lets not forget we were playing the Packers who that season actually had a really good D. Eagles were going into the playoffs ass backwards after all D's had figured how to defend Vick and the Eagles. Vick sucked and is terrible against the blitz, but he was the only reason we even made the playoffs that season.

Remember how it all started off with Kolb? Do you remember how bad our D was that year? I feel like you can say that about our D since the miraculous 08-09 season. It was terrible then and seemingly got worse and worse.

So yeah hate Vick for that loss all you want but in that season he was the only reason we even won 10 games to make it to the playoffs. Not the D, not the running game (REID LOL), or any other aspect significantly.

Agree with most of what you wrote here. I was guilty of buying into the Foles hype a little bit. Not to the degree of those who thought he was going to magically make the WRs better or become the next Joe Montana. I just felt like he ran the offense more efficiently than Vick. We already know what Vick brings to the table, he is not going to improve, whereas Foles already looked like he could play a little bit so why not make him the starter going forward? I knew he wasn't going to play as well as he did against Tampa all the time, but I didn't expect him to completely shit the bed like he did yesterday. He had a bad game, no doubt about it. I still think he could be a decent QB in this league though. But is decent enough to win you a Super Bowl?

The fact is the Eagles don't have their QB of the future on the roster right now. The first 7 games of this season have made that painfully clear. They need to target someone in the draft this April. And to get a franchise guy, you are probably are going to need to be in the top 5. Or close enough that moving up doesn't cost you half your draft.

As to the rest of this season, it's hard to root against the team each week. So I will hope that Vick is fully recovered and he can play within the system and give us a chance each week. And if he's not healthy, I'll hope that Foles can rediscover his form and prove to be a capable backup in this league. And hopefully between the two of them, the Eagles will play well enough to challenge for the division. But the silver lining to every loss is this... we are one step closer to securing our franchise QB and finally becoming a legit Super Bowl contender again.

I completely get your point but to be honest I am exhausted about all the talk about the future and longevity. We heard nothing but about the future from 99-04. Then again 2-3 times when Reid was given chances over and over to retool and rebuild.

I also get the people who say no matter what play Foles now to see what you have and if he isn't the guy, the record will be bad enough to pick anyone with possibly a top 5 pick. That is a legit argument and at least a good way of looking at it compared to those people who just flat out hate Vick and think Foles is Brady 2.0.

But that is long gone since they decided to bring back Vick and he won the job. Now it should be who is the better guy to win the next game going forward. If on the tape, practice, and locker room that guy is Vick the Foles/QB of the future argument is moot.

I don't care who the QB is next year. Most likely that guy isn't on the roster right now. Who knows. But we do know that Foles lost to Vick in the competition. If Vick is the better guy play him. I want to win games now.

And for the draft say we finish 7-9 or 8-8 and get a mid first round pick. Why would it be difficult to package that and maybe a 2nd or 3rd to move up into the top 10? Not every top 10 team is going to need a QB. If teams like the Steelers, Giants, Bucs (maybe), Redskins, and other teams with Qbs in place are picking in the top 10 not all are going to be picking a QB. And many of those teams will def will be looking to move back.

I guess you missed during that whole commotion that other coaches that were out of coaching admitted doing the same thing. They broke a rule by video tapping from the side line, to make it out like they entered a cheat code in a video game to give them invincibility is ridiculous. I can understand why you (I am assuming a Philly fan) would feel that way but its time to move on. Fred Ex didn't have hands blessed by god like he thought, Rodney Harrison had more catches from McNabb than Fred Ex did, and McNabb had a Panic attack and threw up in the huddle when they had the ball on the last possession.

What the league did about it was take away their first round draft pick. Its totally possible its still effecting them today. And if it comes to league penalties the NFL clearly thought the Saints Bounty system was a far more egregious way to hurt the game since they suspended their head coach a WHOLE season.

What the hell does Fred Ex have to do with anything? He was our #3 WR. TO did plenty damage against you guys. McNabb didn't have his best game or day but we lost by 3. We were in the game the whole time. And our defensive players did comment after the game about how they (the Pats) seemingly knew every blitz no matter how exotic a look they tried. Who knows. But I will always wonder what could have been.

Spinluck

RIP Bud.

Of all the games for Wayne to get injured, it's this one. FUCK. Shitty throw by Luck, who felt like shit for it in the presser, and just a bizarre play all-around. Huge blow to this offense. Would suck to see Wayne end it like this, but at his age he'll never comeback the same.

Meanwhile, Trent Richardson is fucking useless, and being outplayed by Brown, who seems to have far more burst and better vision than him. DOUBLE FUCK.

EDIT: I RBs aren't worth a top 10 pick anymore, unless you're an Adrian Peterson. Wish we could magically give him away for a WR. But whatever, as long as he's here, I'll just keep hoping that he improves.

That's how old you'll be when the Pats are relevant again!

Like most Pats fans though, you'll have moved onto your new team by then. Cowboys are looking for new members.

You're mind is slipping, not a strange occurance at your age, the Cowboys are still the most populair team in the NFL for some reading.

Is that a bad thing? Would you complain if Scam threw a bomb to Steve Smith or of Peyton did the same with Demarious Thomas? Stafford has thrown way more yards, the same INT ratio with 5 extra TD passes.

In that gif I see a perfectly thrown ball between 3 defenders. Scam could never make that throw.

I was really impressed by Fatford leading the Lions to victory yesterday, oh wait.

Hunter S.

He has scored 1 touchdown in the last 3 games. Name me another starting QB with that current streak. He hasn't looked good at all. Can he turn it around? We'll see.

A couple other stats. 1 game with more than 300 yrds this season. Less touchdowns than Wes Welker. Ryan Tannehill has more passing touchdowns.
1/3 ratio of touchdowns to interceptions per game for Brady in those same games.

Pats fans are starting to get salty and it is annoying Germans and Gata.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
lmao @ profootballtalk trying to say the Texans cut these three guys cause they're 2-5 and trying to make a bold statement. Freaking morons.

They were sent home before the game yesterday, and were told they would be cut today. They had to do something pretty bad, the Texans never do things like this. And with Cushing going out, they are likely to move Reed to ILB which frees up a pass rusher spot both of which Montgomery and Jefferson are.

RIP Bud Adams

Jonathan Stewart will practice (but won't play) for the Panthers this week, per Twitter. I would expect at least another two weeks (maybe the New England game on MNF) before he's on the field again.

What the hell does Fred Ex have to do with anything? He was our #3 WR. TO did plenty damage against you guys. McNabb didn't have his best game or day but we lost by 3. We were in the game the whole time. And our defensive players did comment after the game about how they (the Pats) seemingly knew every blitz no matter how exotic a look they tried. Who knows. But I will always wonder what could have been.

That sometimes when you have a player saying he was touched by god and that no one can cover him and that Philly already has their parade route planned can fire up the other team and they play with no passion.

Trust me I think of what could have been all the time if it wasn't for helmet catch. Its a game and things happen.

Omega

Banned
Hate Vick for a playoff loss? LOL ok but do you then also hate the entire D, Reid, and all the other players who cost us that win?

Lets not forget we were playing the Packers who that season actually had a really good D. Eagles were going into the playoffs ass backwards after all D's had figured how to defend Vick and the Eagles. Vick sucked and is terrible against the blitz, but he was the only reason we even made the playoffs that season.

Remember how it all started off with Kolb? Do you remember how bad our D was that year? I feel like you can say that about our D since the miraculous 08-09 season. It was terrible then and seemingly got worse and worse.

So yeah hate Vick for that loss all you want but in that season he was the only reason we even won 10 games to make it to the playoffs. Not the D, not the running game (REID LOL), or any other aspect significantly.

They all get blame as well, especially Reid but 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter, down by 5 and a red zone INT? That's on Vick.

Any other QB does that and the world goes "i told you he sucked!" or "CHOKERRR!" so while the rest of our team could have played better, and Reid could have been less of a dumbass, he still had the game in his hands when it mattered and pulled a Favre.

Dutch has a great avatar.

It Burns my soul. Hernandez his dead (death) glare and the shirt....You're a cruel animal.

But see, that's why the 'Boys will be perfect for you! Half their fans are pink hats so you and the rest of Pats age will fit right in!

Not cool, we had a nice thing going here, but then you pulled out the 'pink hat' argument. You oftly claim the Pats irrelevance, why would a pink hatter still stick around at this point?

My reason for rooting for the Boston sports teams are pure, but even if they wouldn't be, you could totally go fuck yourself.

Now, when we are holding our Beverly Hills Cop marathon, are we doing it at my place or yours?

Now, when we are holding our Beverly Hills Cop marathon, are we doing it at my place or yours?
Does two movies count as a marathon?

You couldn't pay me to watch that shitastic third movie

Packers should consider resting Rodgers for the next few weeks.

Vikings
Bears
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
Falcons
I can't believe you're taking the Giants lightly considering how we've.....

Nevermind, I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face.

Not cool, we had a nice thing going here, but then you pulled out the 'pink hat' argument. You oftly claim the Pats irrelevance, why would a pink hatter still stick around at this point?

My reason for rooting for the Boston sports teams are pure, but even if they wouldn't be, you could totally go fuck yourself.

Now now. It's not nice to talk to your elders that way.

eznark

Banned
Does two movies count as a marathon?

You couldn't pay me to watch that shitastic third movie

I can't believe you're taking the Giants lightly considering how we've.....

Nevermind, I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face.

I chalked it up as a loss no matter who we put out there, friend. I know what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom