• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the NFC we would get Detroit vs Green Bay and Dallas vs San Fran

Oh God, not again. Three losses to GB in a season would suck.

Then again, Lions won't make the playoffs, so it doesn't matter. Carolina is gonna steal that last wildcard spot.

Why? Because Lions are going to Lion and I can't see Philly or Chicago making it in.

eznark

Banned
I read an article today stating that the jets had done the exact same thing earlier in the game.

They didn't though. I already watched the film. They made no attempt to penetrate. Standing behind a guy and jumping in the air is not the same as pushing a guy into a linemen.

They are a traditionally good team and they are probably a reason you missed the playoffs.

lol, you must be from Quincy

Panthers fans seem to having trouble believing we actually have a good team this year. 3-3 doesn't look that great, but our game to game performance has been incredibly consistent, especially defensively. Even in the Arizona game, by far our worst game, we still outgained them by 100 yards. We're blowing out bad teams and losing close games. There are probably two defenses in the entire league you could objectively say are better than ours. Even the coaching has been better as of late. Seattle, NO, and the Packers are the only NFC teams you could objectively say are better than the Panthers right now. This team should make the playoffs, especially with the injury bug hurting the other teams who'll be competing for the NFC wild card.

You forgot about SF. Don't worry your beat down is coming soon.

JABEE

I read an article today stating that the jets had done the exact same thing earlier in the game. I bet most teams have been doing it. Rex probably just alerted them to look for it right before the kick. He'll end up just like Mangini.

I have no idea why people try to make the pats out to be some evil masterminds twirling their mustaches. They are a traditionally good team and they are probably a reason you missed the playoffs. Get over it.
Maybe because they were using their traditionally implemented cheating system to win three Super Bowls in the early 2000s.

They flat-out, indiscriminately, systematically cheated the American viewing public from a rightful Champion of a sport that is of great cultural importance to this nation.

From the owner down, they shit on fans of the NFL. What did the league do about it?

Slap your owner and his cronies on the wrists and let them keep their titles and blood money. I am not content with that outcome. The Patriots are an organization that is as corrupt as any branch of government. I feel sick thinking about what they did to the sport I love.

Maybe because they were using their traditionally implemented cheating system to win three Super Bowls in the early 2000s.

They flat-out, indiscriminately, systematically cheated the American viewing public from a rightful Champion of a sport that is of great cultural importance to this nation.

From the owner down, they shit on fans of the NFL. What did the league do about it?

Slap your owner and his cronies on the wrists and let them keep their titles and blood money. I am not content with that outcome. The Patriots are an organization that is as corrupt as any branch of government. I feel sick thinking about what they did to the sport I love.

Silly boy :jnc

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I like our chances against the Fatford/Schwartz tandem.

The Panthers are not making the playoffs with Scam Turnover Newton as your QB. Especially with two matches left against the Saints, Patriots, 49ers etc

With Jay Cutler out the NFC playoff picture looks like this:

1.) Saints
2.) Seahawk
3.) Packers (or Lions)
4.) NFC East Team
5.) 49ers
6.) Lions (or Packers)

It makes me feel good knowing the Eagles will never win anything.

JABEE

They didn't though. I already watched the film. They made no attempt to penetrate. Standing behind a guy and jumping in the air is not the same as pushing a guy into a linemen.

lol, you must be from Quincy
It's as if the rules don't apply to the Patriots. I guess if I was a fan of that godforsaken franchise, I too would be conditioned to think I was above the law. Roger Goodell has already established that precedent.

squicken

The Panthers are not making the playoffs with Scam Turnover Newton as your QB. Especially with two matches left against the Saints, Patriots, 49ers etc

1.) Saints
2.) Seahawk
3.) Packers (or Lions)
4.) NFC East Team
5.) 49ers
6.) Lions (or Packers)

Yep. Barring another crazy set of injuries, that's how it will go

eznark

Banned
Jesus Christ scrotum tears look like the worst.

ibqKBAObG0iSbm.gif

Tabris

Hey Godslay, I really doubt you'll see KC, DEN, and SD all in the playoffs. They haven't played that many games within the division on these schedules yet. KC still needs to play DEN twice and SD twice. Same with DEN (KC and SD twice). Seems like only inter-division games that have been had so far have been through the Raiders which are almost guaranteed wins. There's definitely be going to be splitting some wins between each other which will drive down their wild card standings.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford 2013 stats: 2129 Yards, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 95.3 QBR

Scam Newton 2013 stats: 1313 Yards, 10 TDs, 5 INTs, 95.0 QBR, One laptop stolen

Crisco

Banned

1.) Saints
2.) Seahawk
3.) Packers (or Lions)
4.) NFC East Team
5.) 49ers
6.) Lions (or Packers)

Seriously? Stafford has marginally better passing stats while completing hail marys to this guy,

CalvinJohnson3On1Bengals.gif

eznark

Banned
Packers should consider resting Rodgers for the next few weeks.

Vikings
Bears
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
Falcons

Rodgers isn't even necessary until week 14 at Dallas, then he can rest again against Pittsburgh and Chicago. Super fresh going into the playoffs.

I guess you missed during that whole commotion that other coaches that were out of coaching admitted doing the same thing. They broke a rule by video tapping from the side line, to make it out like they entered a cheat code in a video game to give them invincibility is ridiculous. I can understand why you (I am assuming a Philly fan) would feel that way but its time to move on. Fred Ex didn't have hands blessed by god like he thought, Rodney Harrison had more catches from McNabb than Fred Ex did, and McNabb had a Panic attack and threw up in the huddle when they had the ball on the last possession.

What the league did about it was take away their first round draft pick. Its totally possible its still effecting them today. And if it comes to league penalties the NFL clearly thought the Saints Bounty system was a far more egregious way to hurt the game since they suspended their head coach a WHOLE season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Seriously? Stafford has marginally better passing stats while completing hail marys to this guy,

CalvinJohnson3On1Bengals.gif

Is that a bad thing? Would you complain if Scam threw a bomb to Steve Smith or of Peyton did the same with Demarious Thomas? Stafford has thrown way more yards, the same INT ratio with 5 extra TD passes.

In that gif I see a perfectly thrown ball between 3 defenders. Scam could never make that throw.

eznark

Banned
Is that a bad thing? Would you complain if Scam threw a bomb to Steve Smith or of Peyton did the same with Demarious Thomas? Stafford has thrown way more yards, the same INT ratio with 5 extra TD passes.

In that gif I see a perfectly thrown ball between 3 defenders. Scam could never make that throw.

Remember how Stafford lit up the scoreboard when Johnson was out. True elite QB right there.

cdyhybrid

Vikings
Bears
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
Falcons

Rodgers isn't even necessary until week 14 at Dallas, then he can rest again against Pittsburgh and Chicago. Super fresh going into the playoffs.

You could just rest all your starters.

JABEE

I guess you missed during that whole commotion that other coaches that were out of coaching admitted doing the same thing. They broke a rule by video tapping from the side line, to make it out like they entered a cheat code in a video game to give them invincibility is ridiculous. I can understand why you (I am assuming a Philly fan) would feel that way but its time to move on. Fred Ex didn't have hands blessed by god like he though, Rodney Harrison had more catches from McNabb than Fred Ex did, and McNabb had a Panic attack and through up in the huddle when they had the ball on the last possession.
That isn't all they did. The league has won.

Miguel

Vikings
Bears
Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
Falcons

Why don't you guys bring in Tebow. He can come play QB, then when Rodgers comes back in you can put him out there at WR/TE and get him murdered.

Godslay

Banned
Hey Godslay, I really doubt you'll see KC, DEN, and SD all in the playoffs. They haven't played that many games within the division on these schedules yet. KC still needs to play DEN twice and SD twice. Same with DEN (KC and SD twice). Seems like only inter-division games that have been had so far have been through the Raiders which are almost guaranteed wins. There's definitely be going to be splitting some wins between each other which will drive down their wild card standings.

Yeah, I had the caveat that SD would have to split their games with us and KC to stay viable. Can they? Sure. Will someone else rise above them? Maybe, just guessing at this point. Most everyone who has 3 or 4 wins is still viable.

On another note, check your PMs.

Back to work...

squicken

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Texans waived RB Cierre Wood, DE Sam Montgomery, OLB Willie Jefferson. Sources say they violated team rules at KC hotel. Got sent home.

When animu love pillow orgies go wrong

He was too productive. Belichick wants washouts, bums and shrimps at WR. Makes him look good when Brady makes it happen. Too bad Brady's finished.

Finally. Let's keep thing going: Seeing your Steelers win yesterday, how do you feel about them losing out on a good draft pick* with these wins, whilst still not making the playoffs making this entire season irrelevant?

*Not that you guys made any good picks anyways.

I guess you missed during that whole commotion that other coaches that were out of coaching admitted doing the same thing. They broke a rule by video tapping from the side line, to make it out like they entered a cheat code in a video game to give them invincibility is ridiculous. I can understand why you (I am assuming a Philly fan) would feel that way but its time to move on. Fred Ex didn't have hands blessed by god like he though, Rodney Harrison had more catches from McNabb than Fred Ex did, and McNabb had a Panic attack and through up in the huddle when they had the ball on the last possession.

What the league did about it was take away their first round draft pick. Its totally possible its still effecting them today. And if it comes to league penalties the NFL clearly thought the Saints Bounty system was a far more egregious way to hurt the game since they suspended their head coach a WHOLE season.

Pls stop. These things never end well.

Boose

Available FA QB's

Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Tyler Thigpen
Byron Leftwich
John Skelton
David Carr
Trent Edwards
Charlie Batch
John Beck
Caleb Hanie
Mike Kafka
Tim Tebow
JaMarcus Russell
Stephen McGee
Graham Harrell
Jimmy Clausen

God fucking damnit.

Bring on the Graham Harrell future baby!

Finally. Let's keep thing going: Seeing your Steelers win yesterday, how do you feel about them losing out on a good draft pick* with these wins, whilst still not making the playoffs making this entire season irrelevant?

*Not that you guys made any good picks anyways.
Hey man, don't take the Pats being done out on me! Though I did warn you.

Pats should do themselves a favor and trade Brady now while he can still get something. Though his trade stock is dropping by the second.

Wayne's absence will be felt by Luck, especially. Over the last two seasons, Wayne has been targeted 245 times, which ranks only behind the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (262) and Chicago Bears' Brandon Marshall (260) for most in the NFL, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

In his career, when Luck is under duress, he has thrown to Wayne 57 times, which is the most in the NFL over the last two seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Get well soon, Reggie. :[

He was too productive. Belichick wants washouts, bums and shrimps at WR. Makes him look good when Brady makes it happen. Too bad Brady's finished.

What? How is Brady finished. We have such short memories here. He was Clutch last week when he beat the Saints.

The D is busted with losing 2 of their best players and having another one out. (Wilfork, Mayo, Talib)

The O just got back their best receiver, and the second has been hurt all season. Plus who could have predicted Aaron Hernandez's situation.

Brady is the least of their problems. The offense just needs to get on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom