• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

You think Teddy would be a good fit for this offense? I really like Boyd, I think he would be a great fit.

Yeah, after thinking about it more I edited it because Bridgewater is more of a pocket-passer. Plus he's going to go no. 1 and there's no way the Eagles can get the top pick now anyway. Brett Hundley is a better fit, as is Boyd.

Of course, if Foles shows he can be the guy, you can go get Ha Ha Clinton-Dix instead and start rebuilding your secondary. I'd be on board with that.

EDIT: And if Foles ends struggling as "the guy" next year, maybe we get Jameis Winston in 2015. Whoa, I think I've stumbled onto Chip's master plan!

Yeah, after thinking about it more I edited it because Bridgewater is more of a pocket-passer. Plus he's going to go no. 1 and there's no way the Eagles can get the top pick now anyway. Brett Hundley is a better fit, as is Boyd.

Of course, if Foles shows he can be the guy, you can go get Ha Ha Clinton-Dix instead and start rebuilding your secondary. I'd be on board with that.

I would love to see them go safety and corner with almost every pick. Both positions are disasters.

Miguel

Play the man Rick!

LSiakL8.png

I hate testing 7 different browsers on three different operating systems and three different versions of internet explorer. Kill me now god please.

exarkun

Ive swung back around to feeling bad for schoob. First Smokey threatening his family, and now the injury Kubiak is trying to pass off as not that bad.

Can someone help me with this feeling?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ive swung back around to feeling bad for schoob. First Smokey threatening his family, and now the injury Kubiak is trying to pass off as not that bad.

Can someone help me with this feeling?

you know... it is possible to feel bad for a player personally, but hate his guts on the field. I'm reasonably sure, he's not purposely playing like shit. But you know what, he's playing like shit and should have been benched before the 9ers game.

Hunter S.

;jnc @ Dungy thinking Irsay is trying to psyche out Peyton too

At some point there has to be some over analysis here. Really cannot say if these words mean much.

In other news, Von says this years D has more sacks to this point without him then last year. Interesting.

Narag

At some point there has to be some over analysis here. Really cannot say if these words mean much.

In other news, Von says this years D has more sacks to this point without him then last year. Interesting.
I think Irsay just opened his mouth and is upset he got caught saying something stupid like when people were ubderwhelmed by his twitter hype of the vontae Davis trade. Pretty sure he said sonethibg along the lines of people who didn't like it should buy their own football team and see if they could do better.

Farooq

Banned
Ratliff's injury is much more serious than a sports hernia.

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 11m
Rat agent: 'Muscle ripped off bone, pelvis in 2 places. Tendons from inside leg & abdomen at top of leg both ripped apart.'

squicken

Insider article on Patriots issues with deep passing

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=1818

Brady's numbers on shorter passes are also down, but only slightly. His completion percentage (62.7), TD-INT ratio (8-2), passer rating (89.2) and QBR score (74.3) are quite respectable on passes traveling no more than 20 yards downfield. From 2009 through 2012, Brady was at 68.6 percent completions with a 104.0 passer rating and 83.5 QBR score on those throws. His TD-INT ratio was 114-26.

The situation: third quarter, 4:22, first-and-10 from the New England 42-yard line

Play result: incomplete pass to Thompkins

Suspected problem:
a breakdown in a complex protection scheme designed to free a young wide receiver down the field

The details: The Patriots set up a play-action deep strike off what looked like a zone-stretch running play to the right side. Blockers flowed to the right side as Brady faked the handoff to LeGarrette Blount. Thompkins was wide open. But when Brady stopped in his tracks and looked to throw downfield from the left side, James Harrison was right in his face. Harrison hit Brady, forcing the ball to land well short of its target. Center Ryan Wendell might have had a chance to block Harrison, but defensive lineman Wallace Gilberry had penetrated deep enough to block Wendell's path. The result was a missed opportunity.

Palmer's comment: "It looks like the Patriots are devising some complex protections and maybe got too cute, but these are the kinds of things you might have to do when trying to get a young receiver open deep down the field. The Patriots do not currently have the luxury of taking five- and seven-step drops all game with Gronkowski and Hernandez winning one-on-one matchups. They have to get more creative, and it might have cost them here."

I know that feel, McD

Spinluck

PeyPey breaking TD record confirm. On final TD he throws it to Marvin Harrison on his one day contract

In his mind, he's probably gonna paste Irsay's drunk face on all our defenders during the game as motivation.

18-12

Broncos win it.

How many people will Marvin shoot?

Too bad Hernandez won't be present at any of Tammy's tributes. Could've learned a thing or too from a Superbowl winning WR.

Besides, innocent till proven guilty!!

Drakeon

I think Irsay just opened his mouth and is upset he got caught saying something stupid like when people were ubderwhelmed by his twitter hype of the vontae Davis trade. Pretty sure he said sonethibg along the lines of people who didn't like it should buy their own football team and see if they could do better.

Irsay strikes me as the definition of a man-child.

I don't think Irsay's comments will rile Peyton as much as it will his team, who'll try to go out and defend their QB by making a statement. Miller will probably have his own motivations.

Narag

Seriously, if you guys overuse the VPN thing and NFL.com decides to take down my free Gamepass, I'll be forced to call my lawyer, Bionic, and sue the shit out of you.

I'll contact my lawyer, Greg, and they can settle it on the court rather in the court.

effzee

Chip won't be around in '15. Hell, I'm not sure he makes it through all next season.

Only way Chip is not around is if everything completely falls apart and the team revolts around him.

But from reading everything from the day he was hired up until now, the players love him and the culture change he is brought over. It was a 4 win team with no defense what to speak of. If they show improvement this year and finish decent (7-9), I don't see how he isn't back for another 3-4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom