• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Tommie Harris weighs in on the Irsay vs Peyton feud:

“I had a chance to be under Jim Irsay when I was with the Colts, and I’ve got to say he was quite different, a different owner,” Harris said. “You know how that ugly girlfriend, she kind of goes away, and then she ends up getting pretty and losing weight and then she ends up getting back healthy? This is the thing, Peyton Manning has become that girlfriend. They got rid of him, thought he was used up, thought his neck was messed up, and went back and became so beautiful.”

:jnc

Fox318

He sees all the injuries and suddenly he wants an avatar bet.

I'm down! 1 week?

THE DREADED SHIRT
rBd0Hea.png

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Say what you want about Suh (and I do believe he has a major anger issue), but there is absolutely NOTHING about that hit on Weeden that deserves a fine. No penalty was called. If he lifts his head up, he hits him helmet-to-helmet.

Not sure how they want him to hit a QB if that hit is illegal. He's a big dude, if he doesn't lower he's hitting Weeden's head.

Suh's done some dirty shit, but that hit didn't deserve a fine.

ShaneB

Seriously, if you guys overuse the VPN thing and NFL.com decides to take down my free Gamepass, I'll be forced to call my lawyer, Bionic, and sue the shit out of you.

If I couldn't use that Netherlands magic as well to watch Seahawks games I'd be quite sad. At least the next 2 games are TNF and MNF.

Tabris

FUCK JIM IRSAY. THE COLTS ARE A GARBAGE ORGANIZATION. YOUR ENTIRE EXISTENCE IS DUE TO PEYTON MANNING! YOU WOULD BE A GARBAGE TEAM IN LOS ANGELES IF IT WASN'T FOR PEYTON MANNING!

GARBAGE

Anybody watching Low Winter Sun? With Breaking Bad finished and GoT on hiatus, the missus is complaining that we have nothing to watch. We're going through the Shield, but we've only got two seasons left and she hates Curb.

squicken

Dutch, your dog is adorable. But people who put costumes on pets deserve to go to prison

lol Buckethead. Where is that from haha

Did you watch The Wire? You should watch that if you havent.

Years ago. It's actually a point of contention with her as I hated her waiting around wanting to watch an episode every week or so. I said to hell with this and powered through the series in a week.

Almost wish I didn't. I'd love to go in fresh again. Best TV I ever watched.

Still don't know why dolphins got rid of Reggie bush. Now we have a shitty running game, and word is Miami s also interested in Maurice Jones drew, who averages like 2 yards.

Tabris

Still don't know why dolphins got rid of Reggie bush. Now we have a shitty running game, and word is Miami s also interested in Maurice Jones drew, who averages like 2 yards.

Isn't the bigger issue with Reggie Bush why Sean Payton so poorly utilized him? Wasn't he essentially a special teams or special run player for a while there with NO?

Yeah because Reggie "East-West" Bush would have dominated with this o-line.

RB isn't the issue. When Miller has had a seam he has looked fine.

Anybody watching Low Winter Sun? With Breaking Bad finished and GoT on hiatus, the missus is complaining that we have nothing to watch. We're going through the Shield, but we've only got two seasons left and she hates Curb.
The first two seasons of Miami Vice are the pinnacle of the medium so watch those.

In order to have a good running attack the offense has to go through it. Saints' offense never did - it was Brees errday, so nobody took Bush serious, Oh Bush is on the field? Load the box.

It's the same reason the Pack never had a running game for years.

Colasante

Required TV viewing includes The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Shield, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. Watch any of those shows if you haven't already. If you can handle David Lynch, Twin Peaks is a must-watch too.

rando14

For example, I can tell you right now, with absolute certainty, that the Chargers/Colts game on MNF was fixed. No, I don't play for either of them, but everything about it was textbook (just look at all the "dropped" passes to see what I mean.) Not just the obvious things like dropped passes, but the subtle things too like little subtleties that indicate the front seven is allowing lanes to open up.

Hmmmm

Godslay

Banned
Colts fans get it, Indy media seems to get it. Guess we shouldn't worry what one goofy owner thinks. Peyton's legacy is secured. He's more representative of the Colts more than Irsay will ever be.

Colasante

Colts fans get it, Indy media seems to get it. Guess we shouldn't worry what one goofy owner thinks. Peyton's legacy is secured. He's more representative of the Colts more than Irsay will ever be.

One thing this 'controversy' has made me think- I am curious how he will be perceived by Broncos fans if he never wins a Super Bowl during his time there. Will they still consider him "their" quarterback or will he revert back to Indy entirely? I feel like, from my perspective at least, the Broncos fans have already taken Manning into their hearts far more than Vikings fans did with Favre, although I think that may be because they knew he only chose them to spite the Packers. It's probably all for naught, because he'll be a legend in two cities when he wins the Super Bowl this year, but it is interesting to think about.

Tabris

Eh, It's just Tabris.

You're a Baltimore Ravens fan, what would you care about Jim Irsay? I would assume you would hate the family for taking the team away from your city in the middle of the night?

EDIT - Oops, for some reason I was confusing you with BaltimoreLarry, sorry! I don't have a link to the fan image, what's your team again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom