• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

It's come to this for Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden: His job was advertised on Craigslist.

"Have you played pro football?" asks the ad that 22-year-old Seth Pae, a graduate student at DePaul, took credit for posting. "College ball? High school? Pee-wee?

"Have you played Madden before? Do you know some of the rules of football? If yes, keep reading."

And if no?

"... well also keep reading!" the ad reads. "We will take ANYONE!"
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834578/cleveland-browns-fan-offers-brandon-weeden-job-craigslist

bionic77

Nor the best video game if all time.

(Metal Gear Solid 2)
MGS > MGS 2 for its time.

The first MGS was so different and ahead of its time in 1998. None of those games aged well but that was maybe my favorite time as a gamer. Definitely the best 3D gen. Reminds me of the mid 80s when everything was likewise was so new and awesome for 2d games.

I feel like we are still playing PS2 games these days. Kind of depressing. Maybe oculis rift will save us.

Godslay

Banned
It'd be nice. Think the Chiefs at home or the Vince Young led Texans in Week 16 will be what's needed to do the trick though.

Colts are the most likely in my mind. Chiefs won't match up well imo. Pats maybe if Gronk is back. Young Texans, no doubt.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Whichever ones the Giants and Steelers are in. They have to pay their dues for winning multiple SBs instead of the Patriots, Goodell's team.

That's why he burned the SpyGate tapes you know. To cover up the fixing.

Giants don't need to rig shif. Vikings will get blown out just because I am going to see them. And for the fact Freeman is gonna be eating a shitload of tacos.

Greg

I see how it is. Greg sharing stuff early with the new guy and not his bros.
we bonded over similar tastes in the metal topic a long time ago!

if it makes you feel better, I haven't even shared it with friends I see on a regular basis yet

Greg your song is dope my friend!
Pretty cool stuff, Greg. I can dig it.

I would've thought you would have been in a death metal band or something though.

How many in NFL-Age are musicians? I used to be in a band many eons ago, I'd love to collab and make some rad jams.
thanks!

And I'd love to be in a death metal band. The keyboard was a relatively inexpensive way to get my ideas out though, so I ran with it.

MGS > MGS 2 for its time.

The first MGS was so different and ahead of its time in 1998. None of those games aged well but that was maybe my favorite time as a gamer. Definitely the best 3D gen. Reminds me of the mid 80s when everything was likewise was so new and awesome for 2d games.

I feel like we are still playing PS2 games these days. Kind of depressing. Maybe oculis rift will save us.
Both games were pretty mind-blowing at the time. MGS really was special though - I think it's impossible for me to care about games that way these days.

Doomsayer

Yeah, me and Greg got talking metal, and then non-metal and a whole bunch of stuff.

My guitar playing days are long behind me. Still got my gear and whatnot, but it's been collecting dust for a while.

If you want to hear some stuff (video game covers) I did it's still hosted on the tripod site I used almost 10 years ago.

http://shanebarnes82.tripod.com/

Holy shit, Tripod!

I'll check it out right now.

I don't have anything online at the moment, but I used to be in A Fall Farewell. They have a few songs on YouTube that I wrote, but it was mastered after I was already out of the band.

bionic77

if it makes you feel better, I haven't even shared it with friends I see on a regular basis yet

thanks!

And I'd love to be in a death metal band. The keyboard was a relatively inexpensive way to get my ideas out though, so I ran with it.

Both games were pretty mind-blowing at the time. MGS really was special though - I think it's impossible for me to care about games that way these days.
Yeah I miss the 32 bit days. What an exciting time to be a gamer.

Though I will say Kid Icarus felt like a new game to me. Shit gave me carpal tunnel but I rarely feel that way anymore. And not only was it new but it was good too.

If sports games don't make a big leap next gen then I don't see the need to upgrade. Maybe I will get a U and PS4 when they are 200 bucks.

Hunter S.

Well he is up to 262 lbs from 246 lbs, 2 years ago.

But shaved off 2% body fat. So it's all muscle.

:)

Same to you.

Damn, and Von was even smaller in that college avatar I had of him for his suspension. Pure beast!

I think SpinDasher will fit well with a Von avatar for two weeks! bahahaha.

Narag

Nothing is going to make me feel better short of a Packers win over the Browns.

KaYotiX

Banned
Xbox One for me at launch with KI,BF4,Forza 5, Madden,Dead Rising 3 and mabe some indie games/Arcade.

PS4 is next year when games actually come out for it. Selling my extra PS3 and 360 also.

Wii U and 3DS have/are getting some serious love next month too, cant wait!

Greg

Yeah I miss the 32 bit days. What an exciting time to be a gamer.

Though I will say Kid Icarus felt like a new game to me. Shit gave me carpal tunnel but I rarely feel that way anymore. And not only was it new but it was good too.

If sports games don't make a big leap next gen then I don't see the need to upgrade. Maybe I will get a U and PS4 when they are 200 bucks.
I haven't played Kid Icarus. I really haven't played much in the past 2 years at all. I'm hoping new hardware might get me interested again.

And I don't know what kind of leap you're looking for, but if last gen is any indication it won't happen with sports games for 2 years.

Nothing is going to make me feel better short of a Packers win over the Browns.
your wish is Crosby's command

Xbox One for me at launch with KI,BF4,Forza 5, Madden,Dead Rising 3 and mabe some indie games/Arcade.

PS4 is next year when games actually come out for it. Selling my extra PS3 and 360 also.

Wii U and 3DS have/are getting some serious love next month too, cant wait!

i'm getting ps4 for sure. i have xbone preordered too but i keep flip flopping if im going to cancel it or not. KI is my game of forever and that is what's making it so hard for me to not buy it. but then i get cold feet when i read about all the technical issues supposedly surrounding the xbone. i also have little or no interest in MS's first party IP lineup (for the future).

i don't know guys.... i just don't know!

mr2xxx

Banned
i'm getting ps4 for sure. i have xbone preordered too but i keep flip flopping if im going to cancel it or not. KI is my game of forever and that is what's making it so hard for me to not buy it. but then i get cold feet when i read about all the technical issues supposedly surrounding the xbone. i also have little or no interest in MS's first party IP lineup (for the future).

i don't know guys.... i just don't know!

Wait for a great x-bone exclusive! Im getting a PS4 but if people are going pay an extra $200 or more i'll sell it. I wanted to get Madden but after that MNF Madden thread i'll skip that. Its between B4 and KZ right now, not sure what I want.

brentech

Green Bay — It is entirely possible that Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy won't be able to field the game day maximum of 46 active players when the Cleveland Browns come to town Sunday.

The injury bug has hit the Packers so hard that the injury report featured seven players who did not take part in practice Wednesday, four of whom have already been declared out.

Yikes.
Mike Neal possibly out is news to me. Hayward is being cautious even though he had his first Wednesday practice. Might still miss.

Lot of guys that could go either way. Just sucks to be in that position.
Punter is going to have to play safety and a safety at linebacker at this rate.

exarkun

Green Bay is slowly become the Portland of the NFL.

When guys from your practice squad have mysterious ACL tears that your doctors either don't know about or sign off on, thats #blazerlike

Green Bay is slowly become the Portland of the NFL.

When guys from your practice squad have mysterious ACL tears that your doctors either don't know about or sign off on, thats #blazerlike
Our doctors were busy with our 100 other injured players. Sometimes things slip through the cracks!

Is it true that FIFA on the PS4 is identical to the PS3 version?

If that is true and Pro Evo also sucks then I have no reason to get the new console.

Hope that shit is not true.

EA is saying it's going to be a completely different game, with the new Ignite engine an all. But Fifa wasn't available when I played on the Xbone and PS4.

I hope it's radically different, because Fifa 14 is utter fucking shit on the 360 after the update.

cajunator

Banned
I like everything about this Pacific Rim bluray except the packaging. Who in the fuck thought it was ok to package it like a spindle set? why do those evil fucking things exist? At least its BD so it wont scratch easily but this shit is stupid.

Really, a MGS convo?

Hmm. I only ever played MGS 1 even though I own 1-4. Loved part 1, could never get myself to play 2 after I heard snake's only in it about 20 minutes. I guess 3 supposed to be real good, and I'm not crazy about Old Snake.

Also, when the hell is Gronk finally gonna play?

sangreal

jesus christ, watching nfl am try to analyze every random tweet by a player is unbearable. and since when does lol = lots of laughs?

I always thought I was smart, but this Math though....

S6O1T.gif

It's a miracle I'm able to brush my teeth by myself.

jakncoke

Banned
Are you telling me you wouldn't be into it if Pittsburgh had a team?

You know they'd be the Pirates of the NBA!

Also just because Pittsburgh has a team doesnt mean I'll start caring about the league. Penguins being pretty good as far as I can tell the past couple years hasnt moved my care meter one cm. I like College Basketball, but cant seem to care about NBA.

Starts with s, ends with nes.

Alt confirmed.

I love this theory but the join date is 3 months before snesfreak original account. UNLESS. snesfreak is an alt and really a packers fan pretending to be a bucs and panthers fan!

ShaneB

Holy shit, Tripod!

I'll check it out right now.

I don't have anything online at the moment, but I used to be in A Fall Farewell. They have a few songs on YouTube that I wrote, but it was mastered after I was already out of the band.

No worries at all, let me know if you like those covers. I listen to them from time to time for a nice trip down memory lane. I wish I knew what I did with all those old riffs and nonsense I recorded, I know I recorded a great cover of Hallowed be thy Name, and no idea where it all went. Ah well. I’ll check out your old band’s stuff later as well to check out your writing chops.

Juicy Bob

Say what you want about Suh (and I do believe he has a major anger issue), but there is absolutely NOTHING about that hit on Weeden that deserves a fine. No penalty was called. If he lifts his head up, he hits him helmet-to-helmet.
I'm a bit late I know, but just wanted to say that I agree with this.

Miguel

I play professional football, and I despise everything about it. (self.confession)
submitted 4 hours ago by offtherecord1234

What I hate most however (and this may sound contradictory given the first thing, but it isn't and I'll explain why) is the degree to which games or point differentials are fixed. Everyone knows it happens, but most people aren't aware of how often it happens. It's way, way, way more common than most people are aware of. For example, I can tell you right now, with absolute certainty, that the Chargers/Colts game on MNF was fixed. No, I don't play for either of them, but everything about it was textbook (just look at all the "dropped" passes to see what I mean.) Not just the obvious things like dropped passes, but the subtle things too like little subtleties that indicate the front seven is allowing lanes to open up. Once you've participated in it you learn to recognize it. Players laugh about it like it's all a big joke and it pisses me off.

This doesn't conflict with the expectation of PED use because generally only "junk games" are fixed because those are the deals players are most likely to take - by that I mean meaningless games between two losing teams, or a losing team against a winning team where the winning team has no competition in their division anyway and wouldn't be hurt by dropping a game. The latter scenario tends to pay out more, since more can be put on the line without drawing suspicion (if an unusual amount of betting activity takes place on a meaningless game, it attracts unwanted attention...)

Y5QqDza.png

eMdIcQLl.jpg

8570950_600x338.jpg

matt-crying.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cleveland would riot. Although I'm afraid Banner is still trying to trade him. He has the most fantasy points amongst WR's the last 4 weeks and that's even with Weeden still throwing to him.

Unless Lombardi and Banner know something we don't about Gordon they would be idiots to trade him away.

It makes no sense to trade away a #1 receiver in the hopes of drafting a #1 receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom