• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

http://i.imgur.com/k2N01D8.png[/IM]

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264417/article/hakeem-nicks-to-panthers-among-trades-that-would-make-sense?campaign=Twitter_writers_brandt[/url][/QUOTE]

Rex Grossman for a mid-round pick? lol wtf?

1 more failed test and he is gone for a year.

This is the only reason to trade him though. a 2nd round pick wouldn't get someone with his talent, unless it was a supplemental draft situation again. I'd only consider trading him for a first, and yes that's steep, but I'd just rather take the risk.

This is the only reason to trade him though. a 2nd round pick wouldn't get someone with his talent, unless it was a supplemental draft situation again. I'd only consider trading him for a first, and yes that's steep, but I'd just rather take the risk.

He is playing great but they do have to worry about what happens if he does get suspended. They have so little offensive talent that they cant afford to lose him for nothing to suspension.

cajunator

Banned
Y5QqDza.png

eMdIcQLl.jpg

8570950_600x338.jpg

matt-crying.jpg

Why do Texans still seem to be using the old style of jersey?

He is playing great but they do have to worry about what happens if he does get suspended. They have so little offensive talent that they cant afford to lose him for nothing to suspension.

I'm just saying you can't be afraid of what might happen and lose a talent that hasn't even scratched his surface yet.

I'd rather lose him for a year (yes, he would be back) and still have him on the team. Like you said, Browns need talent, and a 2nd round pick is no guarantee.

Hell, I don't know why a team would trade for him knowing he's one strike away as well. Someone equally desperate?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Bingo. And either way we'd be in the same scenario.

Trade him away we have a bunch of rookies as our WR corp.

Keep him and he gets suspended we still have a bunch of rookies for WR.

We have something like 10 picks in the first 4 rounds. Adding anything but a 1st for a player of his calibre is a step back.

BigAT

I'm just saying you can't be afraid of what might happen and lose a talent that hasn't even scratched his surface yet.

I'd rather lose him for a year (yes, he would be back) and still have him on the team. Like you said, Browns need talent, and a 2nd round pick is no guarantee.

Hell, I don't know why a team would trade for him knowing he's one strike away as well. Someone equally desperate?

You take a guy with a drug problem and then take the structure of football away from him for a year, who knows what type of player you're going to get back after that suspension is over.

Miguel

Why do Texans still seem to be using the old style of jersey?

bQ3k7bV.jpg

Well, John...

These jerseys are good kids. They are battling out there, and we're working hard to get them where they need to be. We like both jerseys, they both work hard and we believe in both of them. We will evaluate them on a week to week basis.

You take a guy with a drug problem and then take the structure of football away from him for a year, who knows what type of player you're going to get back after that suspension is over.

Suspensions are different now, the Player can visit the facility and be around the team, just can't practice/play, but yes, I do see what you're saying.

I still stand by what I say. Would you trade him for a 2nd round pick, if he was a great talent on your team?

brentech

Thats what happened to Johnny Jolly. He hit rock bottom. Finally go himself right, but only after hitting bottom.

I think even back then, Rodgers said it was a poor choice to leave him hanging like that. Thought the Packers should have held on to him and helped him get through it.

Tamanon

Banned
But look how happy he is!

Also, it's MLB.

Edit:

I liked this one

Lions.png

Man, I hate rascals.

Went to Scarowinds, the Carowinds themepark's Halloween thingy. For two haunted mazes we were stuck behind two fat women on Rascals. Not disabled, just fat. The first time they were sitting there talking and the line had moved a good amount so I went around them. Fuckers tried to run me over while yelling at me.

Colasante

What truth? They still lost to the Chargers in 2007, the Chargers in 2008, the Saints in 2009, and the Jets in 2010. Jim Irsay was right and no one has said anything to intelligently counter his point yet.

Sanchize > Peyton Manning

Mark Sanchez has never lost a playoff game to the Jets. That alone makes him superior to Brady and Manning.

Man, I hate rascals.

Went to Scarowinds, the Carowinds themepark's Halloween thingy. For two haunted mazes we were stuck behind two fat women on Rascals. Not disabled, just fat. The first time they were sitting there talking and the line had moved a good amount so I went around them. Fuckers tried to run me over while yelling at me.

Fuck the halloween stuff at amusement parks. They're all filled with dirty drunk assholes. I have no idea how raiders fans can afford a family trip to worlds of fun in kc.

squicken

What truth? They still lost to the Chargers in 2007, the Chargers in 2008, the Saints in 2009, and the Jets in 2010. Jim Irsay was right and no one has said anything to intelligently counter his point yet.

I agree with Irsay that those late era Colts teams were too top heavy. Too offense focused. Polian is I'm sure is bitter about losing to the pre-Spygate Patriots, and is maybe obfuscating a little

I would trade Josh Gordon for a 2nd considering his troubles. It's not like you build around WRs anyway, no matter how great they are. Calvin Johnson is basically the Peyton Manning of wideouts and the Lions haven't won shit. A 2nd rounder might get you an impact player at a more important position (O or D line)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I would trade Josh Gordon for a 2nd considering his troubles. It's not like you build around WRs anyway, no matter how great they are. Calvin Johnson is basically the Peyton Manning of wideouts and the Lions haven't won shit. A 2nd rounder might get you an impact player at a more important position (O or D line)

Yep. He's one failed test away from a year long suspension. 2nd rounder would be a lot of ammunition too if you have to move up in the draft to get your franchise QB.

rando14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom