• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Saturday could do it, so could Wes. Hotdogs and donuts for the little man.

tumblr_lradfvUlK71qbbz06o1_500.gif

I've been dying for a next gen football game since the PS2....still waiting....

I want it to ignite

Looks awful

The animation on display in that video is truly pathetic. It's almost as though frames are missing in some instances. I haven't played the current gen version of the game but you could pass that video off as a trailer for the current gen versions and I wouldn't know any different.

BigAT

Sick game on Monday night:

Pioneer Press ‏@VikingsNow
ELIAS confirms Vikings-Giants' combined winning % of .090 makes their Week 7 matchup the worst in 44-year MNF history this late in season

The animation on display in that video is truly pathetic. It's almost as though frames are missing in some instances. I haven't played the current gen version of the game but you could pass that video off as a trailer for the current gen versions and I wouldn't know any different.

The animations look the same on my vita, which is pathetic. I wish we could get an NFL game like that NBA2k game, that looks insane.

Chiefs are the softest 6-0 team I've ever seen. I think we would have won if not for injuries on the 0-line that basically forced us to field a 4th string practice squad unit.

How are we softer than the Broncos this year? They're 6-0 and have played an even weaker schedule than we have. We've beat the same teams they have more convincingly. Not sure how you can discount our offense when we've put up the 8th most points in the league at this point. Our defense has been impeccable. 3rd and 48, four straight goal line stands against Tenesse on 1st and goal from the one yard line, 10 sacks in one game, etc.

I'll agree that we have played a pretty weak schedule. The Broncos, Bears, and Jets have played even weaker schedules. The Pats, Steelers, and Rams have also played super easy schedules...almost as weak as the Chiefs. Why aren't those teams 6-0?

People are downplaying what the AFC West is accomplishing this year, which is fine. I'd be surprised if the Chiefs finish above 10 wins. Having said that, you can't really downplay what we've done so far.

4th and 48 might be the highlight of the season.

Someone pointed out to me that the fourth down punt didn't even reach the first down marker. LOL!

Historic numbers against garbage teams and backup QBs (same for Denver though), I always list Romo as the best QB they've faced but didn't he have bruised ribs going into that game against KC? I believe he did.

Call me a hater, but it's the same scenario as last year. Get the KC offense off the field, trap the KC defense on the field, and they'll wear out. Smith has just given the defense enough time off the field to make them more effective over this rash of games. Pair an even average defense with a good QB, and you'll beat KC. The only time we might see it happen though, is Denver, Colts, and Chargers. I can see them having a tough time in these games.

Bruised ribs? LOL, dude. The Cowboys hung 48 points on you guys. He was playing MVP-calibre football until that final Romoesque finish. We held them to 16 points. You guys also gave up 19 to the Jaguars. 19! They scored 2 points against us on a blocked punt that went out the endzone for a safety. It was basically a complete shutout.

I won't downplay how good the Broncos offense looks, because they're hot. They've put all those numbers up against even scrubbier teams than the Chiefs have played. You recognize the double standard in praising the Broncos' offense then trying to downplay the Chiefs' defense.

We are who we are. I don't see any Chiefs fans clamoring that we'll win the Superbowl. I'm sure they're out there, but that's not the popular sentiment in the fanbase. Right now we're just saying we're a 6-0 team with a fearsome defense and a top ten offense. We're coming off a 2-14 season. You bet your ass we're celebrating!

Looks like trash for next gen but I care more about how it plays. If they fixed the gameplay from shitty current gen then they can have my $60

Dude, if you honestly think they've tweaked the gameplay at all from the current-gen Madden 25...prepare to be let down.

EA spends all their time trying to get the games looking all fresh and new when new consoles arrive. They've failed miserably at that goal with both Madden and NBA Live. I guarantee you gameplay has been a secondary goal.

Didn't it take a few years this Gen before the Madden team upgraded the games engine? I expect the same next Gen. At least it will only cost me $10 for the XB1 version.

effzee

Looks like trash for next gen but I care more about how it plays. If they fixed the gameplay from shitty current gen then they can have my $60

Basically. All the graphics we see are from angles we never play at anyway. As long as it doesn't look atrocious and they continue to improve the AI to simulate the most realistic experience who cares?

Dude, if you honestly think they've tweaked the gameplay at all from the current-gen Madden 25...prepare to be let down.

EA spends all their time trying to get the games looking all fresh and new when new consoles arrive. They've failed miserably at that goal with both Madden and NBA Live. I guarantee you gameplay has been a secondary goal.

Just for this year. I bet starting next year we will see measurable improvements in the engine and gameplay mechanics.

Crisco

Banned
So according to advanced statistics, the Panthers are easily a top 5 team. How is Ron Rivera still a head coach in this league? Is Richardson senile or does he just not care anymore?

Godslay

Banned
Bruised ribs? LOL, dude. The Cowboys hung 48 points on you guys. He was playing MVP-calibre football until that final Romoesque finish. We held them to 16 points. You guys also gave up 19 to the Jaguars. 19! They scored 2 points against us on a blocked punt that went out the endzone for a safety. It was basically a complete shutout.

I won't downplay how good the Broncos offense looks, because they're hot. They've put all those numbers up against even scrubbier teams than the Chiefs have played. You recognize the double standard in praising the Broncos' offense then trying to downplay the Chiefs' defense.

We are who we are. I don't see any Chiefs fans clamoring that we'll win the Superbowl. I'm sure they're out there, but that's not the popular sentiment in the fanbase. Right now we're just saying we're a 6-0 team with a fearsome defense and a top ten offense. We're coming off a 2-14 season. You bet your ass we're celebrating!

Don't believe me?
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/source-tony-romo-has-bruised-ribs-but-will-play-against-kansas-city.html/?nclick_check=1

Romo had bruised ribs against the Chiefs, not us. Explains the shitty game he had.

He did light us up, but who gives a shit? They played like it was the Superbowl, and they still got sent packing.

You guys also got the good grace of playing Gabbert who is not even close to as serviceable as Henne. That might explain the 19 versus 2 points. Or maybe Woodyard was out who plays the mike, or Von, or Harris. Either way, the Jags still got their dick slapped by a comfortable margin.

So let's see who your fearsome defense manhandled thus far:
Gabbert
Hobbled Romo
Vick
Historically Bad Eli
Fitz
Pryor

Not to mention that McCoy, CJ2K, Pryor/McFadden, had decent rushing games against your team.

There really isn't much of a double standard. This team has been proven with wins both from last season and this season. They are consistently good, whereas the Chiefs have had 6 wins against subpar competition. Face a real QB, a decent OL, and come up with 10 sacks and a win and I'll call them legit.

kingslunk

How are we softer than the Broncos this year? They're 6-0 and have played an even weaker schedule than we have. We've beat the same teams they have more convincingly. Not sure how you can discount our offense when we've put up the 8th most points in the league at this point. Our defense has been impeccable. 3rd and 48, four straight goal line stands against Tenesse on 1st and goal from the one yard line, 10 sacks in one game, etc.

I'll agree that we have played a pretty weak schedule. The Broncos, Bears, and Jets have played even weaker schedules. The Pats, Steelers, and Rams have also played super easy schedules...almost as weak as the Chiefs. Why aren't those teams 6-0?

People are downplaying what the AFC West is accomplishing this year, which is fine. I'd be surprised if the Chiefs finish above 10 wins. Having said that, you can't really downplay what we've done so far.

Someone pointed out to me that the fourth down punt didn't even reach the first down marker. LOL!

Bailey, Woodyard, Aryes, Harris and Miller were all out of the game in the 2nd half. Of course your team is going to explode in the passing game when half of your defense is not playing and not only is it half, but its your best players. Don't understand why people give so much credit to the cowboys. Now if Indy blows Denver's defense up on Sunday night I have zero excuses for the Defense, but I doubt that will happen.

Farooq

Banned
Looking at videos on a couple of team sites. Are there any other teams that have coaches breaking down plays that happened in a game?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/m...ig_Plays/4f642dc2-15e8-4ccd-8dd8-54dd481de282

Here is Chip breaking down a couple of plays from the Eagles and Giants game.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/belichick-breakdowns.html

Belichick also has a weekly series where he breaks down some plays that happened the previous week. I think these resources are great for fans trying to get some insight on a deeper level.

Along with Playbook, and CoachSpeak, are there any other resources like this? Breaking down coverage and scheme of plays.

Farooq

Banned
Don't believe me?
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/source-tony-romo-has-bruised-ribs-but-will-play-against-kansas-city.html/?nclick_check=1

Romo had bruised ribs against the Chiefs, not us. Explains the shitty game he had.

I must say, Romo's injury did not show early. But late in the 4th quarter, he was missing easy throws. Flat out inaccurate, for someone who is 3rd in the league in completion percentage (70.2%) it was uncharacteristic of Romo.

Edit: Apologize for the double post. My bad.

Looking at videos on a couple of team sites. Are there any other teams that have coaches breaking down plays that happened in a game?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/m...ig_Plays/4f642dc2-15e8-4ccd-8dd8-54dd481de282

Here is Chip breaking down a couple of plays from the Eagles and Giants game.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/belichick-breakdowns.html

Belichick also has a weekly series where he breaks down some plays that happened the previous week. I think these resources are great for fans trying to get some insight on a deeper level.

Along with Playbook, and CoachSpeak, are there any other resources like this? Breaking down coverage and scheme of plays.

Steelers have Chalk Talk, where Tunch Ilkin goes over the big plays of the last week's game.

He did light us up, but who gives a shit? They played like it was the Superbowl, and they still got sent packing.

Godslay, you're a smart man. You know better than to say that Tony Romo's bruised ribs accounts for the 32 additional points the Cowboys put up against you guys than they did against us. Don't be silly. Your defense crapped the bed that game. Whether or not you have your full strength on the field is irrelevant. We haven't had our best CB most of the season, but that's not stopping us from getting things done.

Football players play with nagging injuries every game. I guarantee you the blisters that Jamaal Charles has had on his feet all year long (which Andy Reid said is the most disgusting thing he's seen in his career) has impacted his game more than some minor rib pain has Romo. That's football.

So let's see who your fearsome defense manhandled thus far:
Gabbert
Hobbled Romo
Vick
Historically Bad Eli
Fitz
Pryor

You've played all the guys in bold and gave up more points to them. Historically bad Eli put up 7 against us. You gave up 23 to him. That's shameful. Pryor put up 7 against us. He put up 21 against you guys. Doubly shameful.

There really isn't much of a double standard. This team has been proven with wins both from last season and this season. They are consistently good, whereas the Chiefs have had 6 wins against subpar competition. Face a real QB, a decent OL, and come up with 10 sacks and a win and I'll call them legit.

It's defnitely a double standard in that you have played a WEAKER overall schedule than we have, and currently trail us in the AFC West standings. That may very well change in the near future, but you'll have to hope you can keep outscoring your opponents who are averaging 26 points a game against you. You may very well do that, but you've basically been 100% reliant on your offense to bail you out thus far in the season.

By contrast, the Chiefs have given up an average of just under 11 points a game to essentially the exact same opponents. It's laughable for you to say we need to face a real QB and OL when your team is giving up more than double the points to the same teams. If you think we'll fold against tougher competition, I'd hate to see how many points those teams would put up against the Broncos.

Is your team better than mine currently? Probably. Likely, even. But the gap isn't anywhere near where you think it is. We're approaching things from very different angles. We suffocate teams and put up a respectable number of points (#8 in scoring right now). You give up a ton of points but put even more on the board. The end result is the same.

The true offense versus defense battle will be resolved once we've played both our matchups this year. I predict you'll win in Denver and we'll win in KC. Time will tell.

Just from what I seen in the Oakland game. We literally fielded a practice squad o-line (4th LT, 3rd LG, 3rd C, 3rd RG, 4th RT) in front of a QB making his 6th start and still managed to keep it a 1 score game until 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. And I usually don't complain about the refs, but they really fucked us over in that game. I really can't see how you could've watched that game and see anything to brag about. Even the 3rd and 48, it really wasn't anything exceptional that you guys did. It was an ugly game that you barely won despite what the final score said. And the week before that you were barely able to get a win against Fitzpatrick, If Locker plays you more than likely lose, if our o-line has 2 less injuries, we maybe squeak out a win.

I think you guys are a solid football team, but like you said, 10-6 maybe even 9-7. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna win in Oakland and SD and Denver are both gonna play you tough. Your schedule is getting a little more difficult from here on out, so will be interesting to see what you guys do.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Officially bought my tickets for Mondays game. Excited to see the Vikings for the first time but pissed we are going to get blown out.

Godslay

Banned
Godslay, you're a smart man. You know better than to say that Tony Romo's bruised ribs accounts for the 32 additional points the Cowboys put up against you guys than they did against us. Don't be silly. Your defense crapped the bed that game. Whether or not you have your full strength on the field is irrelevant. We haven't had our best CB most of the season, but that's not stopping us from getting things done.

Football players play with nagging injuries every game. I guarantee you the blisters that Jamaal Charles has had on his feet all year long (which Andy Reid said is the most disgusting thing he's seen in his career) has impacted his game more than some minor rib pain has Romo. That's football.

You've played all the guys in bold and gave up more points to them. Historically bad Eli put up 7 against us. You gave up 23 to him. That's shameful. Pryor put up 7 against us. He put up 21 against you guys. Doubly shameful.

It's defnitely a double standard in that you have played a WEAKER overall schedule than we have, and currently trail us in the AFC West standings. That may very well change in the near future, but you'll have to hope you can keep outscoring your opponents who are averaging 26 points a game against you. You may very well do that, but you've basically been 100% reliant on your offense to bail you out thus far in the season.

By contrast, the Chiefs have given up an average of just under 11 points a game to essentially the exact same opponents. It's laughable for you to say we need to face a real QB and OL when your team is giving up more than double the points to the same teams. If you think we'll fold against tougher competition, I'd hate to see how many points those teams would put up against the Broncos.

Is your team better than mine currently? Probably. Likely, even. But the gap isn't anywhere near where you think it is. We're approaching things from very different angles. We suffocate teams and put up a respectable number of points (#8 in scoring right now). You give up a ton of points but put even more on the board. The end result is the same.

The true offense versus defense battle will be resolved once we've played both our matchups this year. I predict you'll win in Denver and we'll win in KC. Time will tell.

I'll have to address this when I get home. Happy hour now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom