• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, if you honestly think they've tweaked the gameplay at all from the current-gen Madden 25...prepare to be let down.

EA spends all their time trying to get the games looking all fresh and new when new consoles arrive. They've failed miserably at that goal with both Madden and NBA Live. I guarantee you gameplay has been a secondary goal.

Oh I don't think that but like idiots neogaf only ever cares about up close replay angles for sports games. People always reference NFL 2k5 as a great game but have those people played it recently? The game is a joke. I still have it on xbox and played it a couple days ago after DL updated rosters and I have no idea who would find that fun.

I realize it's from 2004 but facts are facts the game sucks. Maybe not in 2004 but it does today. I'm actually tempted to play an entire game on max difficulty and do a long post with video footage asking people wtf they're smoking when they say the game is good.

Sucks that2k never got the chance to improve because there are good things in the game. It also doesn't let EA off the hook for madden sucking dick. Two cock sucks doesn't make the cock sucking disappear from either game!

Turnstile

I've had a lucky year as a Broncos fan.

Change of seats at Mile High means new people next to me. The guy sitting next to me gets me in all season long to the Bud Light VIP taligate in front of Mile High. As much food and beer as I can handle.

Work needs me in Denver the day after the Jags game and flys me in before the game. Flight, meals, car, and hotel paid for.

Now I'm meeting a vendor in Indy on Monday. Vendor is flying me out Sunday and told me today that we are a go for the Broncos/Colt game.

Mile High Magic everywhere I tell you. Feels like '97
or 98
Going to celebrate with some chicken and weed waffles.

Oh I don't think that but like idiots neogaf only ever cares about up close replay angles for sports games. People always reference NFL 2k5 as a great game but have those people played it recently? The game is a joke. I still have it on xbox and played it a couple days ago after DL updated rosters and I have no idea who would find that fun.

I realize it's from 2004 but facts are facts the game sucks. Maybe not in 2004 but it does today. I'm actually tempted to play an entire game on max difficulty and do a long post with video footage asking people wtf they're smoking when they say the game is good.

Sucks that2k never got the chance to improve because there are good things in the game. It also doesn't let EA off the hook for madden sucking dick. Two cock sucks doesn't make the cock sucking disappear from either game!

I haven't played this since it came out, but sports games never age well. I think the reason most people still sing it's praises is that it was a better product than Madden that year, sold for $20 brand new, and by going so hard at EA they forced them to step up their game. I think we'd have a better football product in 2013 if EA didn't kill it, both from 2K and EA. Now even if EA loses the exclusive license, there's no developer that's going to risk trying to compete with Madden. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to build a new football game from scratch.

rando14

I've had a lucky year as a Broncos fan.

Change of seats at Mile High means new people next to me. The guy sitting next to me gets me in all season long to the Bud Light VIP taligate in front of Mile High. As much food and beer as I can handle.

Work needs me in Denver the day after the Jags game and flys me in before the game. Flight, meals, car, and hotel paid for.

Now I'm meeting a vendor in Indy on Monday. Vendor is flying me out Sunday and told me today that we are a go for the Broncos/Colt game.

Mile High Magic everywhere I tell you. Feels like '97
or 98
Going to celebrate with some chicken and weed waffles.

Dude that's awesome, what's your job so I can look into it as a possible career :cool:

Kiryu

image.php

I love your avatar man.

Spinluck

Freeman and Landry are cleared to play this Sunday.

We need Darius Butler out there instead of Vaughn. Since Vaughn is pure shit.

That way Peyton will throw only 7TDs instead of 9.

Nakazato

for the 1st time in years .... I am not excited about ravens steelers.

With both running games being no extant it wont feel like ravens steelers

squicken

June Jones' preseason prediction about Case Keenum. Eerily accurate

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...es-it-factor-4905819.php?t=09ad29a86ecc308649

"In preseason, Case is going to play so well, everybody will talk about how much better he's gotten, and he'll play so well he'll beat out (Yates) for the backup job," Jones said. "And let me tell you, if Schaub gets hurt, it won't surprise me a bit if it's Keenum - not Yates - that plays."

At that point, I suggested we put the cork back in the bottle, but Jones had piqued my interest.

I asked him why he was so high on Keenum that he'd make such an outlandish prediction?

"Because he's got that 'it' factor," Jones said. "He's a dynamic leader and a fierce competitor. His coaches and teammates love him and respect the hell out of him. And he makes great decisions with the ball. He doesn't make the same mistake twice."

OK, but those are intangibles. Keenum didn't even get drafted. Thirty-two teams, including the Texans, passed him up. Scouting reports said he was too short, and he played in a system that helped bloat his statistics.

Jones grinned and said, "And that's another reason I'm so impressed with him. He's such a competitor - that fire burns in his belly - that he's going to be determined to prove everybody wrong when he gets a chance.

"Hey, let me tell you something else: He's got a real good arm, and he's very athletic. He can get away from the rush. He can run when he needs to. You watch how quick he gets outside on the (bootleg). The ball comes out quick. And he's very accurate.

"Just don't judge him in the dressing room."

Where he looks like a towel boy?

"Just judge him by watching him on the field," Jones said.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
All this talk about Case Keenum being too short, and then I look up how tall he is and it says 6' 2"?

Really?

Edit: Apparently Google is adding an inch. Still.

squicken

All this talk about Case Keenum being too short, and then I look up how tall he is and it says 6' 2"?

Really?

All the leadership and stuff and you want to think of Russell, but a couple of things. Keenum does not have that kind of arm or movement. But also, Kubiak would have never started Russell if they had somehow drafted him. It's actually shocking that Yates got bypassed

MechDX

Really?

Technically taller than Brees.

Oh and here is an interesting stat from Russell Baxter on Texans Radio today:

KC's defense has given up 7 TD's in 6 games.

Texans offense and special teams has given up 7 TD's in 6 games.

Save us Case!

for the 1st time in years .... I am not excited about ravens steelers.

With both running games being no extant it wont feel like ravens steelers

I'm excited - but not for the reason I usually am.

Steelers are finally in transition and moving away from Cowher's guys. Team was flat out geriatric on defense last year. Rats D too. both team have cut the dead weight. Doubt it'll be a defensive battle, but it'll be physical.

Slightly related, what happened to Courtney Upshaw? Is he even on the field?

yours will be none and done. A fact not a troll.

Probably, but my QB's not 37 years old. Steelers don't need to win now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
All the leadership and stuff and you want to think of Russell, but a couple of things. Keenum does not have that kind of arm or movement. But also, Kubiak would have never started Russell if they had somehow drafted him. It's actually shocking that Yates got bypassed
I'm fully aware of the reasons why Russell Wilson performs despite being under six feet, but you'd think that being over six feet would take some of the heat off. I guess I just don't fully appreciate how that 5' 10 5/8" number absolutely freaked out NFL scouts if they're bitching about Keenum's height.

Upshaw basically platoons with Doom. He's solid against the run, but that's about it.

As for the game, I'm just excited its an afternoon game, so I get to watch. Also, if we lose, we're not making the playoffs, so I can kick the grieving off early.

Nakazato

I'm excited - but not for the reason I usually am.

Steelers are finally in transition and moving away from Cowher's guys. Team was flat out geriatric on defense last year. Rats D too. both team have cut the dead weight. Doubt it'll be a defensive battle, but it'll be physical.

Probably, but my QB's not 37 years old. Steelers don't need to win now.

Im not optimistic bout either offense. I think it will be a Raven Steelers game type score 1st to 17 wins.

As for upshaw he's only in on run downs cause doom cant set a fucking edge to save his life.

As for the game, I'm just excited its an afternoon game, so I get to watch. Also, if we lose, we're not making the playoffs, so I can kick the grieving off early.

I'll be honest I'd rather not make the playoffs this year. I would like to get a GREAT WR,TE,CB. Hell even a good C (cause gino has been rated 32/32 in pft centers)
Maybe we can also fire everyone but the WR and RB coaches on off.....

And here's a thoughts I think Matt Elam is a bust. Gino is trash. Ngata is about washed up and not worth the money we pay him is no longer double teamed like he was and Rice has lost his burst.

Im not optimistic bout either offense. I think it will be a Raven Steelers game type score 1st to 17 wins.

As for upshaw he's only in on run downs cause doom cant set a fucking edge to save his life.

I'll be honest I'd rather not make the playoffs this year. I would like to get a GREAT WR,TE,CB. Hell even a good C (cause gino has been rated 32/32 in pft centers)
Maybe we can also fire everyone but the WR and RB coaches on off.....

And here's a thoughts I think Matt Elam is a bust. Gino is trash. Ngata is about washed up and not worth the money we pay him is no longer double teamed like he was and Rice has lost his burst.
Please keep singing. I want to hear the verse about Flacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom