• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't see these posted. Added to the OP.

iAdv6dsWxpm5Q.png

iXBO4DbLVLcY4.png

ihesjwiJCa0jS.png

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Bum. :(

obit-bum-phillips-football.jpg

bum-phillips.jpg

One day Bum.....we are going to kick that son of a bitch down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S20qvvDGBt0
"May as well run it! Run the Bumarooski!"
RIP what a guy. Love that hat.

What was Texans GAF reaction to Keenum? His hypes been building since the offseason
Excited, solely for the purpose of doing and seeing something different. I've only seen him play in preseason and he has a stronger arm than Schaub and seems to be able to hit people in stride, unlike Schaub who would throw behind guys all the time. Schaub had a decent arm, my problem with his deep ball is he would run the boot leg, stop, setup, think about it for a second and then throw, then andre or whoever would have to stop or come back to the ball. If he would just launch it as soon as he was setup, he would have hit andre in stride so many more times.

Also excited as others have mentioned, the bootleg becomes far more effective if the QB is a threat to run, which Case is. He's not blazing fast but he's fast enough to run if he needs to.

so, he can completely suck but at least we tried something different from TJ and Schaub sucktitude.

Also, Andre ain't never said Schaub has an "aura." The fact that he even said anything other than "he's our starting QB, we support him" is shocking in of itself as 'Dre almost never says anything.

Schaub was a solid QB when he first arrived, but the defense was terrible and the running game was non existent for the most part (Steve Slaton's rookie year was the only year with a decent run game until Arian Foster took over). When the team finally became pretty good, Schaub went out with an injury and TJ Yates went in. Schaub hasn't been the same since that injury.
I agree with this, he was pretty damn good 09-11 until the foot injury, something has definitely changed. Reminds of when Jake Delhomme "lost it" he was good and then bam, complete and utter suck.

Do you think rule changes might come down if that does gain traction? Maybe sit out the drive rather than the next play unless a timeout is used or something?

allow defenses to sub out players regardless of whether the offense does or does not sub players. I never understood why you could only sub on defense if offense did.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feel so bad for Manziel. Rest of that team is complete trash. Sumlin really should be looking to cash in for a new job before people catch on.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Manziel, Boyd, these read option mobile quarterbacks will always be doomed to fail in the NFL. Defensive players are just too fast in the pros. Look at how Kaep has degressed.

Nothing wrong with running the play once in a blue moon like the Seahawks did Thursday, or running for a first down here and there like Rodgers, or RG3 do.

But at the end of the day you need a quarterback who can sit back in the pocket, not worry about the pressure and go through his reads. Like Matthew Stafford. I`ve been very impressed in how he goes through his reads and will check down to Bush or Bell or will just throw it away instead of turning it over or if no one is open.

MechDX

Manziel is the Anti Tebow.

Tebow is wholesome off the field and complete shit on it.

Manziel is a stud on the field and a complete shit off it

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Manziel is the Anti Tebow.

Tebow is wholesome off the field and complete shit on it.

Manziel is a stud on the field and a complete shit off it
Tebow was a stud in college, but you can get away with wobbly throws in college. Manziel is the same.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas with the sour grapes.

They`re nice, sweet grapes, not sour. Lions have the best young pocket passer in the league, IMO, nothing to be sour about. ;)

Pocket passers will always reign supreme in the NFL. If you cant go through basic reads and rely only on athleticism like Manziel you will fail in the NFL.

Greg

Manziel, Boyd, these read option mobile quarterbacks will always be doomed to fail in the NFL. Defensive players are just too fast in the pros. Look at how Kaep has degressed.

Nothing wrong with running the play once in a blue moon like the Seahawks did Thursday, or running for a first down here and there like Rodgers, or RG3 do.

But at the end of the day you need a quarterback who can sit back in the pocket, not worry about the pressure and go through his reads. Like Matthew Stafford. I`ve been very impressed in how he goes through his reads and will check down to Bush or Bell or will just throw it away instead of turning it over or if no one is open.
I was waiting for it the whole time reading that, and there it is.

:jnc

Doomsayer

Stafford is better than Peyton and Rodgers. :kas

Manziel is going to fizzle in the pros because he doesn't have the work ethic to be great. Boyd is going to be a great NFL QB, IMO, he has all of the tools and has improved every year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford is better than Peyton and Rodgers. :kas

I didnt say better, I said he was the best young pocket passer in the league. My criteria for tha is 25 and under. Obviously Rodgers and Peyton are better at this point, but Im looking long term.

Greg: When I was banned you posted a link to some music you were working on. Could you post it again, I forgot what page it was on, must have been 10 pages or so ago.

You guys watching the Clemson/FSU game? Amazing throw and catch just now.

And kas, Boyd's biggest strength is not his mobility. He is a pretty solid pocket passer.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You guys watching the Clemson/FSU game? Amazing throw and catch just now.

And kas, Boyd's biggest strength is not his mobility. He is a pretty solid pocket passer.

Going to switch over this Bama/Arkansas game is putting me to sleep.

I only watched a little but I agree, he looked pretty good. But it was against ACC defense so I dont know... He looks like he could be a solid pocket QB but I dont know if he is worth a Top 10 pick. Gonna have to see more.

squicken

The good news for Broncos linebacker Von Miller is that he will make his return to the field on Sunday night, after missing six games for reportedly conspiring with a sample collector to beat the NFL’s drug-testing process.

The bad news for Miller is that he’s reportedly in Stage Three of the NFL’s substance-abuse program. By rule, he’ll remain there for the rest of his career. And he’ll be subject to up to 10 unannounced drug tests per month. (After three seasons, he can request that the monthly limit of tests be reduced.)

One false move and Miller will be banished from the league, with the ability to apply for reinstatement after a year. (That same reality applies to players like Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon and Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/millers-return-doesnt-end-off-field-concerns/

People talk about Josh Gordon being a risk, but those three are looking at lifetime bans. Gordon is looking at just one year

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom