• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/millers-return-doesnt-end-off-field-concerns/

People talk about Josh Gordon being a risk, but those three are looking at lifetime bans. Gordon is looking at just one year

It's still a one year suspension from the league if Von fails a test. The wording Florio uses makes it sound like something different than a one year suspension. It's certainly a risk to sign him, but with a player of his caliber you do it and don't look back. Load it into the contract, where if he fails, then he doesn't get paid.

squicken

Avert your eyes kave and BG

As the Browns lay the foundation for their next run at a franchise quarterback, they’ll be reminded on Sunday of one who got away.

In 2005, the Browns held the third overall pick in the draft. They expressed interest in Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers; they drafted receiver Braylon Edwards. (Two rounds later, Cleveland drafted quarterback Charlie Frye.)

“Yeah I was out at the facility actually,” Rodgers said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I remember meeting with Romeo Crennel, who was the coach at the time. I enjoyed our conversation. Trent Dilfer, who was a buddy of mine, was the quarterback there at the time. I thought it was a strong possibility being there. I enjoyed my visit there. It was my first of two visits where I actually went to the team facility.

“That was really exciting for me as a young player, to go out there and stay in the hotel and go in the facility and eat at the team dining [hall]. I thought that was really a big deal. I enjoyed it a lot. They went in a different direction. The rest is history.”

Yes it is. The Browns have continued to search in vain for a franchise quarterback, using a first-round pick seven years later on Brandon Weeden, who is actually older than Rodgers.

Eleven other quarterbacks have started for the Browns in the years since G.M. Phil Savage passed on Rodgers. If Weeden holds the job for the rest of the years, the Browns surely will hope that, come next season, starter No. 13 will be the one that finally changes Cleveland’s luck.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/19/rodgers-reflects-on-browns-interest-in-him/

moveoverlynnswann.gif

Well damn

Looks magical.

I wonder if Mike Evans will be legit at the next level or if he is another Mike Williams who excels because he is like twice as big as everyone he faces. His combine will be interesting.

squicken

I wonder if Mike Evans will be legit at the next level or if he is another Mike Williams who excels because he is like twice as big as everyone he faces. His combine will be interesting.

He doesn't seem as fluid as a guy like Jimmy Graham. I certainly can't see him as a full time WR. He does have some conditioning issues fwiw, so he may be a little better if he gets someone after him

Being a DJ must be one of the easiest/coolest jobs in the world. I once saw Steve Aoiki do a show. Dude just pressed play on his iPod and then started running around like an idiot, spraying champagne on people. Dude gets payed like 200k a show for doing that!

I'm jealous of The Greg.

Greg

Being a DJ must be one of the easiest/coolest jobs in the world. I once saw Steve Aoiki do a show. Dude just pressed play on his iPod and then started running around like an idiot, spraying champagne on people. Dude gets payed like 200k a show for doing that!

I'm jealous of The Greg.
I made enough so far to cover the cost of the cables going to my speakers, and I sprayed champagne on myself - I pretty much have him beat already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom