• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nice to see your're back Kas. Now I'm not the only positive Lions fan in this thread.

Thanks Rell, but I saw you fighting the good fight.

Im watching on a stream so there will probably be a slight delay but I`ll be here to back you up.

5 and 2 here we come.

Godslay

Banned

He went from 246 to 262, not 270 as they have him listed there. Body fat went down from 12% to 10%. As fast as ever and even stronger.

As far as him being clean, the guy was in the weight room everyday when he couldn't practice. Working out. He hired a nutritionist, apparently for the first time in his career. Not to mention Luke Richesson is a world class strength and conditioning coach.

I think if you combine all of that, without the wear and tear of season eating away at your body, it's pretty easy to gain 16 lbs of muscle over a 3 month period. Plus if he was using PEDs, it's a huge risk for him. Could very well end his career or start the ending of his career. So I don't think it makes much sense.

rando14

Jordan Cameron needs to get back in the endzone. Let's go, Weeds.

Weed's gameplan should be one of the two:

1) Chuck it to Cameron
2) Chuck it to Gordon

There are no other good options!

He went from 246 to 262, not 270 as they have him listed there. Body fat went down from 12% to 10%. As fast as ever and even stronger.

As far as him being clean, the guy was in the weight room everyday when he couldn't practice. Working out. He hired a nutritionist, apparently for the first time in his career. Not to mention Luke Richesson is a world class strength and conditioning coach.

I think if you combine all of that, without the wear and tear of season eating away at your body, it's pretty easy to gain 16 lbs of muscle over a 3 month period. Plus if he was using PEDs, it's a huge risk for him. Could very well end his career or start the ending of his career. So I don't think it makes much sense.

16 lbs of muscle with optimum nutrition, sleep, and a perfect regimen is something one could achieve in maybe 1.5 - two years without gear. :\

so now the media is running with the "kaepernick remembers on all the teams that passed on him.... INCLUDING THE TITANS!"

i hate when this becomes a story. its like the stupid shit with dick sherman. hey dick, the seahawks passed on you like 6 times! niners passed on kap once! and should jake locker then have a beef with the niners because we passed on him as well?

these are lame stories

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Gotta agree here. With the proper training, and an added nutritionist watching everything that goes into your body adding 16 lbs of muscle is not hard to do if thats all your doing all day. Especially if your in already amazing shape like Von.

Gronk spike would be awesome

I want the hip shake.

gronkdance_medium.gif

Godslay

Banned
16 lbs of muscle with optimum nutrition, sleep, and a perfect regimen is something one could achieve in maybe 1.5 - two years without gear. :\

Misread it.

Came into the league at 246, played last year at 255, is now at 262. Seems reasonable. But I'm not an expert.

He's up to 262 pounds — he started his rookie season at 246 pounds — but he has lost 2 percent of body fat, which now measures at a sculpted 10 percent.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24303437/lot-people-said-it-went-by-fast-it

Gotta agree here. With the proper training, and an added nutritionist watching everything that goes into your body adding 16 lbs of muscle is not hard to so if thats all your doing all day.

Yeah, I guess I don't really know. I largely stick to body weight exercises so I've always hovered around the same weight. Doesn't seem absurd to move up 7 lbs in that time period.

LJ11

It's a shame that the Jets don't have more pieces on O, and in the back 7, because that DL is the best in the league. Can you imagine Rex with an OLB worth a shit? Hope they put a fight today, DL certainly will.

It's a shame that the Jets don't have more pieces on O, and in the back 7, because that DL is the best in the league. Can you imagine Rex with an OLB worth a shit? Hope they put a fight today, DL certainly will.
Is it really a shame, though?

Good luck to your boys today, LJ. Should be a fun game.

Godslay

Banned
Ohhh I see. Well 7 lb is certainly more believable than 16 haha. Given he's an athletic specimen with access to the top fitness resources it's probably possible!

I'm kind of looking around though, it doesn't seem absurd to gain a lb of muscle a week. Naturally. You probably know more about it than I do though. From him to go from 246 to 262, that would be roughly a little over a lb a week. Assuming he began at the beginning of August like some have reported. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom