• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

effzee

Godspeed Scheffler. He had a great season for us in our 2011 Playoff season and I always liked him when he played in Denver with Jay Cutler.

IIRC they cut him because he had his 4th concussion a couple weeks ago so it was time to hang up the cleats.

What's going on with Pettigrew? Has been that bad of a bust?

bionic77

I know :(

Last time we went to the playoffs with even a decent hope, the Ravens made us their bitches. Hoping this year we'll at least make it past the Wildcard game. I have no delusions we'll make it to the SB or win it, we just don't have the offense (passing, anyway). But it would be a great foundation for Reid and Co. to build off of.
You are selling your team short. If you guys get homefield advantage I can easily see you guys winning a game and maybe even reaching the Superbowl with your defense.

If you don't get homefield it is hard to see you beating a really good team on the road, but then again the league this year is total crap and your defense is going to keep you in every game.

Miguel

uxF4LrP.png

I know, I'm late. Best I could do.

eznark

Banned
Those first round picks are only as good as the support structure around them. Really only once in a generation players in relatively autonomous positions can find success regardless of the talent level of the team that drafted them.

Once you remove that context, you have a bunch of athletes who are the best at their level playing against men who are acclimated to a measurably faster and stronger level of play.

They'd fare better than the best team in college.

di61mb.gif

Didn't bother giffing this one because it's already famous.

I will ask you guys something. Harbaugh wanted to tack the penalty onto the kick. The alternative was setting them up on the one yard line. Do you tie the game and take the five yards on the kickoff or do you go for 2 and the lead?

cajunator

Banned
No they couldn't. This wet dream of college teams beating NFL teams needs to fucking die right now. It would never happen. Ever.

The only team that mightve had a prayer of beating the worst NFL team was one of those Miami Hurricanes teams like in 2002 that produced a shitload of draftees. Even then it would be a tough go.

Talamius

I dunno, man, with that game last night, I'm pretty sure the Jags, Giants, or Vikings would fall to some college team.

It seems like you wouldn't even need a proper defense when the offense goes three and out on its own.

Doesn't matter. The size and skill gap is huge from college to pro. Even the Jags are essentially a bigger, faster, college all-star team. Jags would take Bama by several touchdowns.

Don't mistake a college team having a few NFL ready players for the whole roster being NFL ready. Even at schools like Bama and Oregon and whatnot typically only a few players at most make it to the NFL. Fewer still make 53 man rosters.

Spinluck

So your saying Luck only chucks up the deep ball to Reggie Wayne? I`ve heard this argument elsewhere....

Touche 1/1. Alabama could`ve made the AFC playoffs last year.

Luck's actually a good QB though, who still has a lot of time to develop. Not all QB's can get away with throwing it into triple coverage you know!!

Wouldn't shock me to see Colts pursue Maclin this off season. Colts GM comes from Philly FO and Maclin when healthy is a really good WR.

Don't know what he can command in the open market due to his injury. Hope Eagles re sign him no matter what.

Man, that would be awesome, but I think you guys resign him. If the Colts are gonna do anything this off-season regarding the WR position. It's probably gonna be picking up a young guy to develop and build on our depth there, or just improve on what we have.

bionic77

di61mb.gif

I will ask you guys something. Harbaugh wanted to tack the penalty onto the kick. The alternative was setting them up on the one yard line. Do you tie the game and take the five yards on the kickoff or do you go for 2 and the lead?
That play is legal in every football movie.

Troy stole that play from the Waterboy.

Luck's actually a good QB though, who still has a lot of time to develop. Not all QB's can get away with throwing it into triple coverage you know!!

Man, that would be awesome, but I think you guys resign him. If the Colts are gonna do anything this off-season regarding the WR position. It's probably gonna be picking up a young guy to develop and build on our depth there, or just improve on what we have.

Maclin and Djax are to similar. Chip has stressed that he wants to get bigger at that position, wouldnt surprise me at all to see them let Maclin walk if they could get a bigger Wr in that spot. I really think they will look to move on from Avant in the offseason. He has great hands but cant get any separation at all in the slot.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What's going on with Pettigrew? Has been that bad of a bust?

Pettigrew has actually been solid IMO. He has improved his ball catching skills and hes a great run blockerblocker, but our Pistol offense demands two TEs like the Patriots and Saints.

However his contract year is coming up and I think we may have our salary priorities elsewhere.

This coming draft is going to be very offense focused.

Pettigrew has actually been solid IMO. He has improved his ball catching skills and hes a great run blockerblocker, but our Pistol offense demands two TEs like the Patriots and Saints.

However his contract year is coming up and I think we may have our salary priorities elsewhere.

Definitely, they need to target a QB for sure.

RBH

Jeff Garcia, the 43-year-old quarterback who hasn’t thrown an NFL pass in five years, is interested in a comeback with the Browns.

Garcia told 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland that he would be interested in playing for the Browns, who are currently deciding between Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell as their starter.

“I actually reached out to the Browns and said ‘work me out, take a look, I’m open to the opportunity,’” Garcia said, via Keith Britton.

original.jpg

Spinluck

Maclin and Djax are to similar. Chip has stressed that he wants to get bigger at that position, wouldnt surprise me at all to see them let Maclin walk if they could get a bigger Wr in that spot. I really think they will look to move on from Avant in the offseason. He has great hands but cant get any separation at all in the slot.

Ahh, I see. I didn't know that. That move would make sense.

effzee

He really is Boldin (-2.0)

I want Maclin back because he is another explosive weapon. I'd only be ok in letting him walk if it meant we targeted someone like Nicks. But I don't want to let him walk only to replace with the shit we have with Cooper/Cunningham/Oregon scraps.

Ambient80

You are selling your team short. If you guys get homefield advantage I can easily see you guys winning a game and maybe even reaching the Superbowl with your defense.

If you don't get homefield it is hard to see you beating a really good team on the road, but then again the league this year is total crap and your defense is going to keep you in every game.

I'd certainly love to see it! Dunno how we'll do against Denver in the regular season though, which is what worries me. Denver at Arrowhead is gonna be such an insane game! @ Denver though I fear will be less than ideal. We'll see though, like I said, fun times ahead regardless!

I'm just trying to keep from getting too excited, even if part of me wants to freak out :D

Tenumi

Banned

Still drops passes at the most inopportune times, though. I have a feeling Fauria and Michael Williams are probably going to be the TEs of the future for the team, barring a high draft pick.

iuuV2tgfnEskr.gif

Best play call of the afternoon IMO. Rats are playing for picks in man coverage, need to free up the receivers for safe throws. Cotchery draws off his man and Brown runs a slant, which picks the two DBs off each other for a split second. Great rub that got the Steelers in position for the game winning kick.

cdyhybrid

San Fran is a shithole

The 49ers aren’t the only ones being questioned for how they handled the September DUI arrest of linebacker Aldon Smith.

According to NBC Bay Area, Smith may have received preferential treatment from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office in the wake of the arrest. He was booked at 9:40 a.m. local time, with a field tested blood-alcohol concentration of 0.151 percent. He reportedly was released at 11:20 a.m. local time, only one hour and 40 minutes later.

“Normal protocols were not followed,” an unnamed deputy said. “That means that preferential treatment was given to Aldon Smith.”

di61mb.gif

I just like how when Fouts suggested that, he forgot that there were still two minutes to go. If my team had a shit record and it was the very end of the game, I think I'd try it. Harbum wasn't going to do it after already getting burned on the failed onside though.

Spinluck

Broncos vs. Colts is on replay. Man, Manning's pocket presence is incredible, he's slow as fuck but his footwork his incredible. If not for that we would've had like 3 or 4 more sacks.

Anyway, Hunter S. Thompson, here's your avatar!! I'm gonna be nice and let you have a choice between two.

rsz_1irdontsay2_zpsb07e2305.png
rsz_irdontsay2_zpsc9c7f39b.png

Top Bottom