• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Same amount as Shaun Phillips oddly enough. Should get some more once Von gets up to speed.

I wonder if the Xbone version of COD is 720P? I find it hard to believe with very little confirmation, guess we will find out soon enough.

Watching Gaming Side go crazy over every rumor of [ENTER MAJOR MULTIPLATFORM NEXT-GEN RELEASE HERE] running at [ENTER RESOLUTION HERE] at some [ENTER FRAMERATE HERE] on [ENTER NEXT-GEN CONSOLE (NOT WII-U) HERE] is hilarious.

My body is ready for next gen, but I'm going to miss this loony season that comes along with a launch.

Same amount as Shaun Phillips oddly enough. Should get some more once Von gets up to speed.

I wonder if the Xbone version of COD is 720P? I find it hard to believe with very little confirmation, guess we will find out soon enough.

It would be weird, especially since the activision community manager said both version would be the same on twitter. Hopefully they either confirm or deny it soon.

I don't think Miami can run the ball though. The Pats actually can but donkey OC likes to get fancy and get into 2nd and 15's like 3 times in a row to start a half trying to run play action on 1st down after never establishing the run....He also used an eraser on every screen play or safety valve outlet route to a RB in the playbook.

We were running it well against Bills, which if we continued, it should have won us the game. Two terrible coached offenses should be fun to watch at least.

Godslay

Banned
Watching Gaming Side go crazy over every rumor of [ENTER MAJOR MULTIPLATFORM NEXT-GEN RELEASE HERE] running at [ENTER RESOLUTION HERE] at some [ENTER FRAMERATE HERE] on [ENTER NEXT-GEN CONSOLE (NOT WII-U) HERE] is hilarious.

My body is ready for next gen, but I'm going to miss this loony season that comes along with a launch.

It would be weird, especially since the activision community manager said both version would be the same on twitter. Hopefully they either confirm or deny it soon.

To be entirely honest with you guys, I don't really care either way I guess. It's always been about games, and COD is one that I don't play anymore. Even if they Xbone is underpowered in terms of third party games, I'll still buy it for their exclusives when they come. Not a big deal, cause I'll eventually get both.

If there was anything that I wish would get an upgrade, it would be GAF's servers.

I don't think Miami can run the ball though. The Pats actually can but donkey OC likes to get fancy and get into 2nd and 15's like 3 times in a row to start a half trying to run play action on 1st down after never establishing the run....He also used an eraser on every screen play or safety valve outlet route to a RB in the playbook.

I put that loss more on Brady than McDaniels. If he completes at least half of the incompletions and doesnt throw the pick 6 we probably win.

Tom Penny

We were running it well against Bills, which if we continued, it should have won us the game. Two terrible coached offenses should be fun to watch at least.

I haven't seen too many good Miami games at Gillette l. The infamous snow game of course. It was better back in the day when they always split. Win at home and lose away...until Mare shanked the kick and Troy Brown iced the Dolphins in Miami :)

I put that loss more on Brady than McDaniels. If he completes at least half of the incompletions and doesnt throw the pick 6 we probably win.

Brady isn't playing good..but is laughable when the pats ran like 20 times averaging 4.5 and the Jets ran 50 times averaging 3.5. They literally started the 2nd half like 3 times in 2nd and long like -15 or more because dumb ass decided to run play action on every 1st down. They basically haven't ran screens since Weiss. Once in a blue moon. Mcdaniels sucks. No passes to the RB when Brady is getting pressured every play especially in the Bengals game but run 6 times in a row against Saints in the redzone? He's a moron.

Broncos vs. Colts is on replay. Man, Manning's pocket presence is incredible, he's slow as fuck but his footwork his incredible. If not for that we would've had like 3 or 4 more sacks.

Anyway, Hunter S. Thompson, here's your avatar!! I'm gonna be nice and let you have a choice between two.

rsz_1irdontsay2_zpsb07e2305.png
rsz_irdontsay2_zpsc9c7f39b.png
Torture the man why don't you...lol

That's why I retired at Avatar bets undefeated

I haven't seen too many good Miami games at Gillette l. The infamous snow game of course. It was better back in the day when they always split. Win at home and lose away...until Mare shanked the kick and Troy Brown iced the Dolphins in Miami :)

lol yeah it has been awhile, we both have better games against the jests.

squicken

I still haven't played last year's CoD and have a PS4 pre-ordered, but no game at launch I will be in any hurry to play

Doorman

RIP Tony Scheffler. I'm so sad that I'll never get to use my egg-flipping pic again from two years ago.

Still, it means more work towards our glorious Joe Fauria future. One tight end down, one to go before he gets to take over the league! Be ready, B Petti.

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2h
The coaches ran out of patience with injured ILB Tim Dobbins, who had been out with a hamstring injuries. They have 5 roster spots open.

Your practice squads....show them to me.

That PS4 footage of Ghosts looks like garbage so at this point I'm just enjoying people going crazy about nothing.:)

It was laughable that Activision was trying to pass off a cross-gen title as being ready for next-gen because of fish AI.:jnc

squicken

That PS4 footage of Ghosts looks like garbage so at this point I'm just enjoying people going crazy about nothing.:)

It was laughable that Activision was trying to pass off a cross-gen title as being ready for next-gen because of fish AI.:jnc

But there's 900 GB of install space needed for the PC versionz texturz!11!

The pure glee that some people seem to have about the rumor in that thread is fucking insane.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Which 2013 rookie defender leads the class in sacks? Not Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Ziggy Ansah, Sheldon Richardson, Dion Jordan, or Bjoern Werner.

It's Patriots DT Chris Jones, with 3.5 sacks in only 4 games played!

sack.gif

Go Pats!

:jnc

If a d-lineman rolled into Blady like that, it'd be a 400 yard penalty and a $10M fine.

I'll remain skeptical. Without a verification system in place like Reddit, it's hard to believe anything. Not saying he isn't an insider, but not going to believe anything until confirmed.
Even if it is true - does it matter? If you've bought into an Xbox One already and Call of Duty is of interest folks are going to spend their money on it anyways. Activision will get a sale regardless.

I doubt Activision is banking on next gen console game sales to make their money on Ghosts. Their money is being made on the massive install base of current gen consoles like the 360/PS3.

Considering how terrible the PS4 version looks in the videos, it's funny to think that if the Xbox One version is indeed 720p you might as well go with the 360 version. They'll likely look virtually identical and the worst part is the PS4 won't be much of an upgrade anyways.

The pure glee that some people seem to have about the rumor in that thread is fucking insane.
Console warz FTW. It's going to be maddening/insane when Digital Foundry gets their hands on these multiplatform launch titles. I look forward to 3 years in when people have moved past the stuff.

cdyhybrid

Even if it is true - does it matter? If you've bought into an Xbox One already and Call of Duty is of interest folks are going to spend their money on it anyways. Activision will get a sale regardless.

I doubt Activision is banking on next gen console game sales to make their money on Ghosts. Their money is being made on the massive install base of current gen consoles like the 360/PS3.

Considering how terrible the PS4 version looks in the videoes, it's funny to think that if the Xbox One version is indeed 720p you might as well go with the 360 version. They'll likely look virtually identical.

I think the implication (if this stuff turns out to be true) is that the XBone is harder to develop for and/or may have a buggy OS, which obviously reaches far beyond CoD or Activision.

Also the "X just shot themselves in the foot" meme still manages to get people. Incredible.

MechDX

Killzone is crap, played them on PS3 hated the way they felt. Like moving through jello.

I wanted to like Killzone, played both 1 and 2 but they just were "meh" IMO

CoD games are great for the first month...after all the "elite" players find every damn glitch in the game and exploit them to high hell it gets boring quick

I think the implication (if this stuff turns out to be true) is that the XBone is harder to develop for and/or may have a buggy OS, which obviously reaches far beyond CoD or Activision.
Things that won't matter a year from now when the platform has matured and will be long forgotten once the games start coming. If the argument is that it gives more ammunition to get a PS4 over an Xbox One at launch - that's a decision folks can make on their own but if Call of Duty is your deciding factor there - LOL.

It's a cross-gen shooter franchise that's made on an assembly line at this point. Did anyone honestly go in expecting a "next gen" experience out of Call of Duty Ghosts?

Godslay

Banned

Considering how terrible the PS4 version looks in the videos, it's funny to think that if the Xbox One version is indeed 720p you might as well go with the 360 version. They'll likely look virtually identical and the worst part is the PS4 won't be much of an upgrade anyways.

Agreed on the resolution of COD, doesn't matter much.

What I was largely commenting on in reference to Proelite was his assertion that the OS is unstable and Live Matchmaking having issues. If that has a shred of truth, it is concerning. Didn't stop me with the WiiU, so it wouldn't for the Xbone. Assuming it is a patchable fix, it really isn't that big of a deal (assuming it is software and not hardware related).

Killzone is crap, played them on PS3 hated the way they felt. Like moving through jello.

Play Dota 2 with the rest of us :)

so you're more of the arcade style shooter! fair enough. i just love killzones world and designs. never have been a fan of the bro style COD.... didn't play too much of BF3 but it seemed the same. like the old saying goes different people jack off to different things so thats fine

p.s.

i've tried to play DOTA 2 but its just so fucking boring. not saying it isn't a well made game but i just can't get into it at all :/

MechDX

Agreed on the resolution of COD, doesn't matter much.

What I was largely commenting on in reference to Proelite was his assertion that the OS is unstable and Live Matchmaking having issues. If that has a shred of truth, it is concerning. Didn't stop me with the WiiU, so it wouldn't for the Xbone. Assuming it is a patchable fix, it really isn't that big of a deal (assuming it is software and not hardware related).

Hard to believe its true when that was MS biggest win of this gen.

Things that won't matter a year from now when the platform has matured and will be long forgotten once the games start coming. If the argument is that it gives more ammunition to get a PS4 over an Xbox One - that's a decision folks can make on their own but if Call of Duty is your deciding factor there - LOL.

It's a cross-gen shooter franchise that's made on an assembly line at this point. Did anyone honestly go in expecting a "next gen" experience out of Call of Duty Ghosts?

I am still really excited for Ghosts but that is due to the hopefully improved mp. New modes, better balanced kill streaks and perks, new squad features, all sound good to me. The graphics have been disappointing from day one though.

ShaneB

I'll play Dota 2 with you folks if you accept cannon fodder. I've played 1 full match. I'm half kidding, Dota 2 is too baffling for me to ever want to learn it really.

cdyhybrid

Things that won't matter a year from now when the platform has matured and will be long forgotten once the games start coming. If the argument is that it gives more ammunition to get a PS4 over an Xbox One at launch - that's a decision folks can make on their own but if Call of Duty is your deciding factor there - LOL.

I don't care either way, I'm just here for the meltdowns. I play Battlefield :p

I'll play Dota 2 with you folks if you accept cannon fodder. I've played 1 full match. I'm half kidding, Dota 2 is too baffling for me to ever want to learn it really.

Half the people I get matched with are cannon fodder anyway!

ShaneB

Half the people I get matched with are cannon fodder anyway!

A fair point! Regardless, Dota 2 is too much of an investment for me at this point to learn. Like any game though, it's fun playing with other folks.

I just want Pinball Arcade to show up on Steam =/

Godslay

Banned
Hard to believe its true when that was MS biggest win of this gen.

I agree with you. The reason why I can see it being somewhat plausible is that it is a 3 OS system. Even with that said, Dave Cutler and some other key guys were behind it, so knowing his work, I would be surprised if it was as bad as that guy alluded. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm getting Killzone at launch, still want to play BF4 but I'll wait until holiday sales. FMT are you getting a ps4 at launch?

yes! i preordered it the second it went up on amazon in june. did the same for xbone but i'm debating on if i'm going to keep that pre-order or not. i really only want killer instinct :(

Top Bottom