• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Agreed on the resolution of COD, doesn't matter much.

What I was largely commenting on in reference to Proelite was his assertion that the OS is unstable and Live Matchmaking having issues. If that has a shred of truth, it is concerning. Didn't stop me with the WiiU, so it wouldn't for the Xbone. Assuming it is a patchable fix, it really isn't that big of a deal (assuming it is software and not hardware related).

I don't understand why gamers get their nerd glasses so tight about shit like that. "New console has kinks to work out!" Whooptie Shit.

Buying today's consoles is the last stage of beta testing. It won't mean a goddamn thing during launch when early adopters are scooping them up in droves. 60 lines of resolution don't matter. What matters is the value proposition and games library.

Godslay

Banned
I don't understand why gamers get their nerd glasses so tight about shit like that. "New console has kinks to work out!" Whooptie Shit.

Buying today's consoles is the last stage of beta testing. It won't mean a goddamn thing during launch when early adopters are scooping them up in droves. 60 lines of resolution don't matter. What matters is the value proposition and games library.

Agreed. With patches and updates available to connected systems, things can change dramatically. 360 is dramatically different than what it first launched as, same for the PS3, same for WiiU.

yes! i preordered it the second it went up on amazon in june. did the same for xbone but i'm debating on if i'm going to keep that pre-order or not. i really only want killer instinct :(
I was in much the same situation. I ended up canceling out the Bone preorder two months ago. Killer Instinct is the only game I'll miss at launch.:( I'm holding out until early/mid next year. Hoping for either a Kinect-less SKU or a game that peaks my interest.

Killzone and Knack are the two games I have pre-ordered for the PS4.

yes! i preordered it the second it went up on amazon in june. did the same for xbone but i'm debating on if i'm going to keep that pre-order or not. i really only want killer instinct :(

We definitely need to get some NFL gaf KZ:SF matches going. I am surprised you are not interested in any thing else the XB1 is launching with. Crimson Dragon is my most wanted launch game by far, but there are like 5 other games I am really exited for.

ShaneB

I can't really afford to splurge on a ps4 or XB1 really to get one at launch. That, and I'm pretty much back to just being a pc gamer. Also, I already have a mountain of games I don't play, I have little interest in buying new consoles, to buy new games I won't play.

We definitely need to get some NFL gaf KZ:SF matches going. I am surprised you are not interested in any thing else the XB1 is launching with. Crimson Dragon is my most wanted launch game by far, but there are like 5 other games I am really exited for.
Can't wait for Shadow Fall and the PS4 in general. I want lots of new NFL-GAF friends! Speaking of which, we were supposed to play Mercenary together, haha.

cajunator

Banned
Saints signed the third qb Ryan Griffin off the practice squad to keep him off the wires for teams looking for qb. Interesting move. They waived Martez Wilson to do it.

Can't wait for Shadow Fall and the PS4 in general. I want lots of new NFL-GAF friends! Speaking of which, we were supposed to play Mercenary together, haha.

I know I never saw you n hen I was on. My wife has been going to bed early on the weekends lately so I am on at lot more. Shoot me a message some Friday or Saturday and we will get on and play. The mp in that game is super fun

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Value proposition-wise, it's tough to see one console be demonstratively weaker AND $100 more expensive and still think it's going to sell well. But, hey, it works for Apple.

FMT don't fuck this up, be part of the group.

Value proposition-wise, it's tough to see one console be demonstratively weaker AND $100 more expensive and still think it's going to sell well. But, hey, it works for Apple.

Sony has yet to show anything that makes XB1 games look demonstrably weaker, on top of that the most powerful console rarely sells the best. People online might let power be the deciding factor, but for the majority of the game buying public definitely does not.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Speaking of Killzone, people on gaming side are complaining the game now has too much colour

Dafuq

lolwut.

I noticed it had a ton of color from the beginning and they are just noticing it now?

Of course, if it looked like original Killzone, people would be bitching that it is too brown/gray.

Can't wait to get my hands on it though, Driveclub not being a launch is a downer, but it gives me more time for GT6 so I'll live. :)

KaYotiX

Banned

Yeah MS should of just said $400 and win this gen too but w/e I like em all and will have em both by next year (infamous Second Son plz) :)

Wii U should be great in the next 4-6 months. Excited for some great titles from Nintendo finally

cajunator

Banned
Wiiu is fuckin awesome lately. No complaints.
Gonna wait out the other two. Well past launch craze and possibly a price drop.

Godslay

Banned
It would have been nice if they gave Hillman the wrong itinerary or just Lane Kiffin'd his ass.

Bench him like they did Knowshon after last year's ATL game. I hope that this will allow him to work on his issues, and hopefully comeback better. Plus I think they want him to be something he's not. He's a fast, small guy, probably shouldn't touch the ball inside the 20s on either side of the field. Especially, not goalline situations or backed up. He's never going to be that guy, so they shouldn't force it. I'm sure you know all this, just preaching to the choir.

I hope they activate CJ Anderson. Would love to see him play and get some reps. I think he'll pan out better than Hillman. Plus confused on Ball, looked average to bad, and has the same problems as Hillman. Either way someone has to step up, cause it's starting to be an issue. Beyond Knowshon of course.

What do you think going ahead with these guys?

Yeah MS should of just said $400 and win this gen too but w/e I like em all and will have em both by next year (infamous Second Son plz) :)

Wii U should be great in the next 4-6 months. Excited for some great titles from Nintendo finally

I would much rather the Xbox division stick around, so if they need to charge $500 to make that happen I am fine with it. Plus for as much as people on the gaming side like to talk about which consoles "won" a gen, the Wii crushed both the Xbox and PS3, yet nobody talks about it at all.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just got a laptop today at Costco. Its an HP Pavilion Notebook.

15.6 Diagonal HD Led
750 GB Hard Drive
2.0GHz AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor
4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
AMD Radeon HD 8400

For $400.

I am mainly using it to read blueprints and business purposes. But could I run Civ 5 on it?

Man, life is going great financially and work wise right now. Two years ago I was a busboy, drug addict. I was down and out bros, and I really mean down and out. Had my head up my ass. Its crazy how life can turn around so quickly for better or worse.

I would much rather the Xbox division stick around, so if they need to charge $500 to make that happen I am fine with it. Plus for as much as people on the gaming side like to talk about which consoles "won" a gen, the Wii crushed both the Xbox and PS3, yet nobody talks about it at all.

Gamers like to talk about a ton of shit nobody cares about.

Godslay

Banned

Casual moms swinging their Wiimotes while doing yoga on their WiiFits don't count towards the console war.

You have to be slamming down Dew Code Red, while eating Doritos, in your fedora wearing pamperchu stitched JNCO jeans (and silk DBZ buttonup), while playing on your mom's tv in her bedroom to count. Then you have to throw a fit when she tells you to get of the gaming system and let your sisters watch tv. Which then results in you holding her down and going to jail, having to walk home barefoot, because the cops wouldn't give you back your latch shoes.

cdyhybrid

15.6 Diagonal HD Led
750 GB Hard Drive
4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
AMD Radeon HD 8400

For $400.

I am mainly using it to read blueprints and business purposes. But could I run Civ 5 on it?

Man, life is going great financially and work wise right now. Two years ago I was a busboy, drug addict. I was down and out bros, and I really mean down and out. Had my head up my ass. Its crazy how life can turn around so quickly for better or worse.

Glad to hear you got your shit in order.

Stafford is still fat though.

rando14

15.6 Diagonal HD Led
750 GB Hard Drive
4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
AMD Radeon HD 8400

For $400.

Congrats on the new laptop, looks good for the price. glad to hear that things have gotten better for you bud!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Still don't get why we cut him. Didn't understand it then and don't now.
tried to get him on the practice squad. Whats interesting in the Bucs tried to do the same thing and the pats stole him. He probably wouldn't even be playing if not for Wilfork going down though.

The pure glee that some people seem to have about the rumor in that thread is fucking insane.

Fanboyism is back in full force :(

ironic coming from people posting in a thread where for the most part people post to take part in the glee of seeing others fail.

Casual moms swinging their Wiimotes while doing yoga on their WiiFits don't count towards the console war.

You have to be slamming down Dew Code Red, while eating Doritos, in your fedora wearing pamperchu stitched JNCO jeans (and silk DBZ buttonup), while playing on your mom's tv in her bedroom to count. Then you have to throw a fit when she tells you to get of the gaming system and let your sisters watch tv. Which then results in you holding her down and going to jail, having to walk home barefoot, because the cops wouldn't give you back your latch shoes.

YES.

To be fair, heroine.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bench him like they did Knowshon after last year's ATL game. I hope that this will allow him to work on his issues, and hopefully comeback better. Plus I think they want him to be something he's not. He's a fast, small guy, probably shouldn't touch the ball inside the 20s on either side of the field. Especially, not goalline situations or backed up. He's never going to be that guy, so they shouldn't force it. I'm sure you know all this, just preaching to the choir.

I hope they activate CJ Anderson. Would love to see him play and get some reps. I think he'll pan out better than Hillman. Plus confused on Ball, looked average to bad, and has the same problems as Hillman. Either way someone has to step up, cause it's starting to be an issue. Beyond Knowshon of course.

What do you think going ahead with these guys?

Knowshon definitely stepped up this season, he's surprised me.

Montee might need some time adjusting to the NFL game.

I haven't seen CJ in action, so I am not sure there.

I probably would have kept Hester for the goal line packages.

The first point is true.

The second point is just nonsense. :p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Glad to hear you got your shit in order.

Stafford is still fat though.

Thanks man.

I swear at Costco they had a framed pic of Stafford in perfect pocket poise getting ready to sling the shit out of the football to anyone who was open. It was $40 though and I just bought a Stafford.jersey for $100 two weeks ago so I passed. Despite making great money now and helping run a business I`m much more frugal with my money and put about 25 percent of each check into savings. My 23 year old dumb ass would blow it all away.

All I need is a Lions Superbowl and I would die a happy man.

eznark

Banned
so you're more of the arcade style shooter! fair enough. i just love killzones world and designs. never have been a fan of the bro style COD.... didn't play too much of BF3 but it seemed the same. like the old saying goes different people jack off to different things so thats fine

p.s.

i've tried to play DOTA 2 but its just so fucking boring. not saying it isn't a well made game but i just can't get into it at all :/

Translation: he fed worse than LiveWire

Farooq

Banned
GAF, you know what I want to be? I want to your resident Romo defender.

You may ask what does a Romo defender do? Well it is simple, I tell you random facts about Tony Romo that make him great. For example, did you know that Tony Romo has thrown more yards through his first 100 starts than any other Quarterback since 1960? That is more than Dan Marino and more than Peyton Manning. Neat!

A Romo defender also explains or gives an excuse for his costly mistakes.

An example would be his late interception in the Cowboys/Eagles game last sunday. It appears Phillip Tanner brought his man into the throwing lane when Tony was throwing to a wide open Cole Beasley crossing behind him. Tanner explains
I brought my man inside, I should have broke outside. But that’s something I should have known. As the leader that Romo is, he did what he was supposed to do. He came over and got me right.

Of course Romo should not have made that throw, but c'mon Tony is flawless.

Top Bottom