• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good article and visual breakdown using All-22 on just how bad Foles was on Sunday:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/10/22/22-struggles-nick-foles/

At this point don't care to pile did on him to make an argument for or against Vick, but after reading this article really can't fault Kelly for the game he called. With the way the D played, that was game we should have won.

That is also a testament to how bad the Bucs zone coverage is. I watched some highlights from the Bucs game he was on point.

Was it pressure and jitters that got to him? That article was really pointing out how badly he was overthrowing and underthrowing wide open receivers.

Boose

Saints signed the third qb Ryan Griffin off the practice squad to keep him off the wires for teams looking for qb. Interesting move. They waived Martez Wilson to do it.

Supposedly the Rams were talking to him about coming in and he declined.

Don't know why a kid like him wouldn't want a shot at starting, seems a little odd to me.
Or it could just be the Rams are a joke. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

lwzCJBL.jpg

Godslay

Banned

With events inspired by memoirs of Amirox's life.

To be fair, heroine.

Red dew? Didn't like it, but I used to just drink can coke exclusively.

Knowshon definitely stepped up this season, he's surprised me.

Montee might need some time adjusting to the NFL game.

I haven't seen CJ in action, so I am not sure there.

I probably would have kept Hester for the goal line packages.

The first point is true.

The second point is just nonsense. :p

Yeah, I agree. Ball needs some seasoning for sure, hopefully he gets it. As far as CJ, he's 5'8" 224, and had a good game against the 9ers' backups in preseason. Even with that said he was very elusive, decisive, and passed the eye test even when compared to Hillman and Ball imo.

After that game, he started getting more and more 2nd team reps, and then was hurt. With those 2nd team reps though, he was ripping off nicer runs than both Hillman and Ball. Pure practice player so far, but I want to see him get some time. They kept him on the 53 man for a reason, so lets see what he has.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nate Burleson on Dez Bryant:

"He possesses all the tools to possibly be as good as Calvin. But he's not Calvin Johnson, no way no how. Sorry, Dez. Keep it real."

Preach Brother Burleson! Get back on the field ASAP, we need you!

KaYotiX

Banned
It's great now. Pikmins 3, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD = damn good gaming.:)

I have Pikman and WWHD.

Wonderful 101 and Rayman ehh....played vita version of Rayman and it felt like more of the same from origins. Its good but too much too soon I guess for me.

and damn we went off the rails lol :p

GO PACK GO!!

Just got a laptop today at Costco. Its an HP Pavilion Notebook.

15.6 Diagonal HD Led
750 GB Hard Drive
2.0GHz AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor
4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
AMD Radeon HD 8400

For $400.

I am mainly using it to read blueprints and business purposes. But could I run Civ 5 on it?

Man, life is going great financially and work wise right now. Two years ago I was a busboy, drug addict. I was down and out bros, and I really mean down and out. Had my head up my ass. Its crazy how life can turn around so quickly for better or worse.

I need to head to Costco soon. Nice pickup

Farooq

Banned
Nate Burleson on Dez Bryant:

"He possesses all the tools to possibly be as good as Calvin. But he's not Calvin Johnson, no way no how. Sorry, Dez. Keep it real."

Preach Brother Burleson! Get back on the field ASAP, we need you!

I think there is too much being made about Dez's comments. When a reporter asked him a question, he just said he has the mentality that he can do anything the coaches ask him to do, and that he feels he is the best at what he does. It is just a mentality.

But I will add some fuel to this argument. Stats from ESPN:
nfl_e_johnsonbryantgraphic_gb1_576.jpg

but ofcourse Calvin>Dez

:jnc

Glad someone picked up on it. I thought you meant the dew.
My favorite Ami moment was leading up to the 3DS launch when he argued with about a hundred different people about how he knew what the 3D on the system would be like and he would absolutely, positively, never ever ever move the 3D switch to the "on" position. I don't know how that turned out but I'm willing to bet that one dark, cold, rainy night in his mom's basement temptation got the better of him.

Godslay

Banned
Godslay that post needs to be the post of the week in the next op. You had me dying.

It's how I imagine him I guess. Should feel bad that I made that post, dude probably does have real mental issues.

I think there is too much being made about Dez's comments. When a reporter asked him a question, he just said he has the mentality that he can do anything the coaches ask him to do, and that he feels he is the best at what he does. It is just a mentality.

but ofcourse Calvin>Dez

First two year Calvin had Kitna, Orlovsky, Culpepper, and god knows who else. Didn't do much to help him.

Tenumi

Banned
Dez is better and has to play with a far inferior QB.

To be fair, Calvin's QBs over his career have been Kitna, Orlovsky, Stanton, Culpepper, Hill, and Stafford. Majority of those names don't exactly inspire confidence.

Both are great receivers. I just hope that Dez has all of his immaturity behind him now.

Edit: Checked, that's all of them.

cdyhybrid

but ofcourse Calvin>Dez

Wonder how Kas will spin this. He'd basically have to admit Romo is better than Stafford to rationalize it.

Godslay

Banned
My favorite Ami moment was leading up to the 3DS launch when he argued with about a hundred different people about how he knew what the 3D on the system would be like and he would absolutely, positively, never ever ever move the 3D switch to the "on" position. I don't know how that turned out but I'm willing to bet that one dark, cold, rainy night in his mom's basement temptation got the better of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rKfJw4EVU

Just replace the vacuum with 3D.

Wonder how Kas will spin this. He'd basically have to admit Romo is better than Stafford to rationalize it.

First two years of Calvin's career the QBs were pretty bad. 0-16 year happened then too. Stafford made him better.

Godslay

Banned
I thought I was the only one that knows Stafford made Megatron.

Stafford got the ball to Megatron, that's half the battle. He might be over-reliant on him, but that's another argument in itself. Plenty of other good QBs could get the ball to him as well though, no denying that. Really though, Stafford is a good match with Calvin, more so than our noodle arm QBs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Nothing to spin. As mentioned above Megatron had Jon Kitna and Culpepper throwing him the ball.

Megatron was always an elite WR, but he turned into an a Hall of Fame WR once an elite QB started throwing him the ball.

Even Megatron gives his props in this 2012 Stafford highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW6brmmxzqo&t=4m50s

I'd watch the whole video to bask in Staffords' poise, accuracy, pocket presence and of course arm strength.

Feels good to have an elite franchise QB.

cdyhybrid

Ok.

Well, fuck being coy, obviously this is the rumor I heard. It's really thin, guys. Really thin. I want two sources on anything I post here or talk about on my podcast but this I really, really wanted two sources on. And there's a few wrinkles to it as well which are interesting (if they are true). I just cannot say whether it's true or not and this is obviously a huge fucking deal. Sales are at stake. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if MS put a goddamn hit out on me.

Anyway, this is the rumor. And it's thin. It's fucking thin. To be completely honest I don't believe it. I mean... it's just weird. Anyway - supposedly Activision is doing a controlled environment review process that only huge ass games can get away with. What I heard was you got to chose a version.... either xbox one or PS4 and you didn't get to see the other one. You then go in and play it at their setup for a certain number of hours and that's it. Someone who saw the Xbox one version claims it's 720p.

Did this person count pixels? Is this known info they are telling people? Is it upscaled? I don't know the answers to any of these questions. It doesn't even make sense to me... CoD is a pretty shitty looking game, why in the hell could it not run at 1080p? I feel like if they took the time they could get the 360 version at 1080p if they wanted to... the engine is older than me. But, that's what was said.

It's impossible to get a second source because everyone is, obviously, under NDA. No one wants to get blacklisted by Activision.

And now for my opinion....

Driveclub being delayed I was pretty damn certain on. It wasn't a flimsy rumor like this. But the one thing that I'm noticing here is that the non-responses are the same. I was nervous about the driveclub thing because I was out here by myself with some random ass site I never heard of (kudos to them for being right though) and if the info ended up being wrong I was going to look like a huge asshole. Each non-answer given made me feel better about being right.

If the game is running at 1080p there's no reason to give non-answers. That's not info you want to hide. So looking at it from this angle - the rumor exists and non answers are given - I feel like that gives credence to the rumor.

But... but... but...! I've been right about a lot of shit. I should have never teased this because this rumor is fucking flimsy. More flimsy than PS4 in October which the entire internet believed. I'm not saying it's true. I expect 900p to be honest. That's a guess. I don't know. I do know there is a lot of chatter about the xbox struggling to hit 1080p.

Also, why the fuck not, Titanfall has been rumored to be targeting 720p on the xbox one as well. I'm sure that probably came up in this thread already by someone... but, yeah, that rumor seems more solid than this CoD one.

Do you think this would get me banned?

if5X2Kwgfrliq.png

Would be damn funny to see the fireworks.

I can't see it not getting you banned :jnc

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nothing to spin. As mentioned above Megatron had Jon Kitna and Culpepper throwing him the ball.

Megatron was always an elite WR, but he turned into an a Hall of Fame QB once an elite QB started throwing him the ball.
Megatron's throwing to himself?

squicken

Saints signed the third qb Ryan Griffin off the practice squad to keep him off the wires for teams looking for qb. Interesting move. They waived Martez Wilson to do it.

Rams were going to try and get him. Oddly he could have chosen to go to STL. Practice squad guys are FAs. He might have started in STL, though probably smart not to hitch wagon to surrounding personnel there

Top Bottom