• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

eznark

Banned
IMO Ponder is the exact same as Alex Smith. Guy is NOT nearly as bad as this but he needs a limiting, old school West Coast style offense to be successful. The Vikes have the tools and Patterson is electric, without question Musgrave and Frazier need to go before anything else happens.

I really, really liked Ponder when he came out of college but he has not progressed at all. I wonder how good he'd be if Bevell were still in Minnesota.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Expert analysis from Tony Dungy. Saints are one two minute drive from being undefeated, which puts them up over Seattle.

...which is actually the one that's a two minute drive from being undefeated, instead of giving the opponent three chances in the last three minutes to beat them.

Saying "I don't know" is just beneath these guys.

Spinluck

Which thread are we in? Pretty sure the NFL-age thread. Get your head in the game.

Peyton has also been out an entire NFL season during that period and was affected by the neck injuries the previous post season they got knocked out by the Jets (you know who also got knocked out by the Jets that year? And your QB wasn't dealing with a serious injury). Isn't the rumour the injury occurred Week 1 in 2010 against the Texans (fuck the Texans)?

It's pretty amazing what he's done when you consider the injury.

Spinal issues exist in his family. So it maybe sort of a genetic disadvantage.

The first real issue he had was against the Redskins in 2006, following that game his participation in practice was limited (cutting back on the amount of throws). This came off a pretty gruesome hit that wasn't flagged.

That hit in the Texans game might have made things worse, I'm not sure. The Manning's have always been pretty good at hiding injuries. So it's hard to provide an accurate time table for the injur/y/ies he sustained. So I always assume it was an accumulative thing.

Why this time?

U0GOaJI.png

Top Bottom