• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

So Green Bay has a pretty light schedule the rest of the way through the season and they're going to be getting healthy while other teams are going to be wearing down. Green Bay's going to be pretty legit come playoff time, only NFC team I'm really worried about is New Orleans right now.

lulz have you guys magically figured out a way to beat the niners yet? i bet we could start little colt mccoy and still skullfuck you into oblivion. your only chance is the seachickens eliminating us before that, which will only happen if we have to play in seattle :(

Sephzilla

lulz have you guys magically figured out a way to beat the niners yet? i bet we could start little colt mccoy and still skullfuck you into oblivion. your only chance is the seachickens eliminating us before that, which will only happen if we have to play in seattle :(

I kind of think the Packers are due against the Niners, they're games have all been fairly close and it looks like GB has improved in the ways that should help them take the Niners. The Niners are legit, but I'm not convinced they have that magical hex on Green Bay like the Giants seem to have.

I'm not worried about Seattle at all, to be honest. Even if the Niners, Saints, or Packers had to go to Seattle to play them I think all three of those teams could come out winners (hell, Green Bay did).

Sephzilla

If Seattle has to go on the road to win in Green Bay or New Orleans, I think they're done barring some magically convenient power outage again. I don't think Seattle can win a track meet in New Orleans and I don't think they could handle January Lambeau.

LJ11

Nobody circles the wag...

hahaha

more like the toilet

last page is more entertaining the most of today's games! thank god we have the cowboys!

If Seattle has to go on the road to win in Green Bay or New Orleans, I think they're done barring some magically convenient power outage again. I don't think Seattle can win a track meet in New Orleans and I don't think they could handle January Lambeau.

I don't see why they can't beat the Saints. Can't really run the ball, they'll just pin their ears back and go.

Sephzilla

I don't see why they can't beat the Saints. Can't really run the ball, they'll just pin their ears back and go.

You talking about the Seahawks beating the Saints or the Packers beating the Saints?

I'm just not sold on Seattle in general, I think the Saints just have too much offense. Even though I personally think Rodgers is a better QB than Brees, I don't like the Packers getting into shootouts just because I don't trust Green Bay's pass defense at all.

I kind of think the Packers are due against the Niners, they're games have all been fairly close and it looks like GB has improved in the ways that should help them take the Niners. The Niners are legit, but I'm not convinced they have that magical hex on Green Bay like the Giants seem to have.

Past two matchups could have fooled me.

cdyhybrid

I'm not worried about Seattle at all, to be honest. Even if the Niners, Saints, or Packers had to go to Seattle to play them I think all three of those teams could come out winners (hell, Green Bay did).

Packers lost last time they played in Seattle, friendo!

Sephzilla

They were in the playoff game until a special teams fumble that completely swung the score around and killed all of Green Bay's momentum. The game this season was a six point game. The game from the start of last season was the only game where I thought San Fran really dominated.

Packers lost last time they played in Seattle, friendo!

tommy-lee-jones-no-country.jpg

Sephzilla

Past 3 you mean. Packers can't run on us and don't have a defense that can stop a team that will commit to the run. Packers have looked healthy against bad teams. They've lost to the 2 good teams they've played: niners and bengals

Green Bay lost both of those games, on the road, by a combined 10 points. Lets not play make belief and think Green Bay is getting blown out by the good teams they're facing, unlike San Fran who got completely dismantled by the Seahawks and Colts.

Week one was a 6 point game with a patchwork defense and offensive line. At SF. Last year was last year, Capers didn't know quarterbacks were allowed to run back then.

No bravado: not scared of SF at all. I think I'd be more worried about playing the Lions in the playoffs.

You know what's sad? The New York Giants still have a chance to take their division. Going into this bye week, if they can make some adjustments and mentally buy into one big second half push, they have a chance. Eagles are a mess looking at starting Matt Barkley next week, Washington is unreliable, and the Cowboys are already preparing their descent for another second half disappointment -- hence Dez's emotional breakdown on the sideline this afternoon, because even he knows the script at this point. What a sad division.

Sephzilla

You know what would legit scare me? Somehow the Giants sneaking into the playoffs.

It seems like every time Coughlin's seat starts getting warm, his team pulls some ridiculous playoff run out of their ass to save his job.

brentech

You know what would legit scare me? Somehow the Giants sneaking into the playoffs.

It seems like every time Coughlin's seat starts getting warm, his team pulls some ridiculous playoff run out of their ass to save his job.
You mean the NFL-E does what they do.

Unless you assuming they already got in, then yea, they so crazy shit

Sephzilla

14 > 12 my friend, sorry if math works differently in Packerland.

Did the entire internet just imagine that game happening? Seemed pretty real at the time!

Meanwhile, the rest of the world acknowledges that Seattle only won that game because of scab refs.

I'm guessing Seattle never saw Golden Tate push someone 3 yards away on that play either.

cdyhybrid

Meanwhile, the rest of the world acknowledges that Seattle only won that game because of scab refs.

You guys could have just knocked the ball down. Instead you tried to pad your stats with meaningless INTs and left it up to the refs.

Or you could have not given up 8 sacks in the first half. Or scored more than 12 points with that vaunted offense and all-everything QB of yours!

brentech

14 > 12 my friend, sorry if math works differently in Packerland.

Did the entire internet just imagine that game happening? Seemed pretty real at the time!
Eh, it is what it is. We both know what that is. Packers got a loss. Never should have been a position to give up an ending like that. But yea, thems the breaks.
Was mad for about 2-5min directly after it happened. Then I remembered how poor they played. Seemed like 7sacks given up to one dude.

Sephzilla

You guys could have just knocked the ball down. Instead you tried to pad your stats with meaningless INTs and left it up to the refs.

Or you could have not given up 8 sacks in the first half. Or scored more than 12 points with that vaunted offense and all-everything QB of yours!

giphy.gif

I'm just happy that blown call didn't end up affecting the playoffs at all.

They can. Assuming the New York Giants win their next two games, and the Cowboys slip up one of their games, Dallas would play New York the third week and could take the division lead.

New York plays Oakland and Green Bay, at home, after the bye.
Dallas host the Vikings and travels to New Orleans before playing New York.

You know what's sad? The New York Giants still have a chance to take their division. Going into this bye week, if they can make some adjustments and mentally buy into one big second half push, they have a chance. Eagles are a mess looking at starting Matt Barkley next week, Washington is unreliable, and the Cowboys are already preparing their descent for another second half disappointment -- hence Dez's emotional breakdown on the sideline this afternoon, because even he knows the script at this point. What a sad division.

Giants are the only team that can start this bad and I'd still wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the superbowl.

rando14

Eh, it is what it is. We both know what that is. Packers got a loss. Never should have been a position to give up an ending like that. But yea, thems the breaks.
Was mad for about 2-5min directly after it happened. Then I remembered how poor they played. Seemed like 7sacks given up to one dude.

Why would yall even be mad about it still, that game indirectly screwed da bears out of the playoffs! We all won!

On another note :ugh, Monday night football tomorrow :-(

squicken

Giants are the only team that can start this bad and I'd still wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the superbowl.

Not this time. They are legit terrible. They may squeak out a division win at 6-10 if Dallas just implodes, but they won't win anything. That pass rush isn't magically going to turn it on this year.

Sephzilla

They can. Assuming the New York Giants win their next two games, and the Cowboys slip up one of their games, Dallas would play New York the third week and could take the division lead.

I don't think New York will beat Green Bay, even in New York. But I can see Dallas choking away the division.

brentech

Why would yall even be mad about it still, that game indirectly screwed da bears out of the playoffs! We all won!

On another note :ugh, Monday night football tomorrow :-(
That's what I'm saying. Wasn't mad at all a few moments after the game and I could reflect.

Giants get to Super Bowl. Win on the back of SB MVP Peyton Hillis. Browns fans kill themselves. It all comes full circle.

Sephzilla

Why would yall even be mad about it still, that game indirectly screwed da bears out of the playoffs! We all won!(

That game didn't affect the Bears though. Even if Green Bay gets awarded the win from that game, the Seahawks and Bears would have finished the year with the same record. Seattle would have gotten into the playoffs anyway through tiebreaker since they beat the Bears.

So who do we all think is likeliest to take the last wild card spot in the NFC? San Francisco is probably a good lock for a WC spot unless they manage to beat Seattle later on. Do we all believe in Detroit enough?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Good ol' Goodell wanted to finally make it up to Seattle and gift them a game, but in proper league fashion that game was ultimately meaningless.

Sephzilla

So who do we all think is likeliest to take the last wild card spot in the NFC? San Francisco is probably a good lock for a WC spot unless they manage to beat Seattle later on. Do we all believe in Detroit enough?

No.

Even if Detroit squeezes in, I think they're a glorified bye week for a division winner.

My NFC playoff predictions are:
San Fran
New Orleans
Green Bay
Dallas
Seattle
Detroit

Detroits going to squeeze in simply because there's a huge dropoff in the NFC after Seattle if you ask me.

Narag

Can't imagine anyone else unless the Panthers get their shit together and go on a run.

Top Bottom