• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Striker

As hilarious as this possibility is, there's absolutely no way that the Giants beat Green Bay.
I didn't think the Giants were good last year, either, but they somehow beat SF and GB, as well as NO. But then get blown out by the Falcons and Ravens, lost to Vince Young, and got embarrassed by the Bengals. What I'll view it as, I won't be surprised by any results from here on out. The team obviously has talent, but there's so many vets who are just overpaid and simply either 1) not good anymore or 2) injured. In the mean time, they might have found a new future starter at MLB in Beason and Peyton Hillis has been very solid for them, notably for pass protection.

As hilarious as this possibility is, there's absolutely no way that the Giants beat Green Bay.

You know what i would agree with you if we were facing the Packers off the bye but since it's Raiders a winnable game it could give them more confidence if they win, lets see what happens after the Raiders game, if they win I will say it's 50/50 game, if they lose GB will beat them down...

sonicmj1

You know what i would agree with you if we were facing the Packers off the bye but since it's Raiders a winnable game it could give them more confidence if they win, lets see what happens after the Raiders game, if they win I will say it's 50/50 game, if they lose GB will beat them down...

I guess crazier things have happened with the Giants. I mean, in 1998 they beat a 13-0 Broncos team as a 5-8 team quarterbacked by Kent Graham. Nothing's really impossible, and as of late the Giants have been capable of playing up to superior competition as often as they blow completely winnable games.

But halfway through the season, we haven't shown anything that suggests we're capable of beating any team that borders on competence. The offensive line situation seems to have settled down somewhat, our roster of journeyman running backs is performing better than the disaster we had going at the start of the season, and Beason is a huge help for the linebackers, but I just can't see that kind of turnaround realistically happening.

bionic77

So jak left GAF because we're a bunch of big meanies.

Imagine if Pats fans were as bad at handling adversity.

You guys don't know our pain.
What?

Is this for real? Why would he leave right before we embarrass the Pats like we did the last time
I don't actually think this will happen but I will be damned if I ever admit it to a Pats fan
?

Tomlin is sick of losing and is going to unleash hell on the Pats and the rest of the league!

ShaneB

Forever tagless :-(

Indeed. :(

Sigh, another terrible Monday at work. Will be a long, long day.

Excited for the game tonight, even if it is likely to be a blow out. Been too long since they've played. How will I handle the off-season?! :(

Also, a random question, where can I get some high res wallpapers that feature each week's match up? Basically this week I made myself a Seahawks vs Rams wallpaper just by screencapping a video from Seahawks.com, but would like something a little better.

eznark

Banned

Matthews will be back so the Packers defense will be worse.

Dragon

Banned

Yeah being 6-2 with a with a QB that can't throw and a defense that has like five starters left from the start of the season is definitely battling adversity :).

bionic77

Yeah being 6-2 with a with a QB that can't throw and a defense that has like five starters left from the start of the season is definitely battling adversity :).
It is going to be humiliating if we are the one team in the league that makes Tammy look like a real quarterback.

But whatever we suck and this game is all we have left! We took out the Ravens and now it is time to take out the fraudulent Patriots. Worst 6-2 team ever!

bionic77

Serious question.

How many quarterbacks have played worse than Brady this year?

I haven't seen much of Gabbert so I will put him in that conversation, but anyone else?

Dragon

Banned
Serious question.

How many quarterbacks have played worse than Brady this year?

I haven't seen much of Gabbert so I will put him in that conversation, but anyone else?

Brady is having by far his worst statistical season in his career. His completion percentage is 55% and his Y/A is under 6. He's been awful.

Edit: Sadly there are worse QBs than him this year, Eli Manning for one.

bionic77

Good QBs elevate their teams. What's Ben's excuse?
If you actually watch the game you would see that Ben is actually not the problem (though he was part of the problem for the first game). The Steelers are just not a good team and our coaches don't have any answers.

When he is given time (rare occurrence) Ben is able to deliver the ball on short passes or deep. Despite sometimes getting 5+ seconds of time to throw it Tammy is still badly missing wide open receivers. What is Brady's excuse?

eznark

Banned
iA5rIC4nIYT7i.gif

eznark

Banned
Good to great receivers can make QBs great. Just look at Stafford throwing into double coverage yesterday and having Calvin pull it down. AJ Green is pretty damn good.

Jay Gruden is also doing a pretty nice job this year. I hope he at least gave Rex cab fare after skull fucking him yesterday.

If you actually watch the game you would see that Ben is actually not the problem (though he was part of the problem for the first game). The Steelers are just not a good team and our coaches don't have any answers.

When he is given time (rare occurrence) Ben is able to deliver the ball on short passes or deep. Despite sometimes getting 5+ seconds of time to throw it Tammy is still badly missing wide open receivers. What is Brady's excuse?

Brady's hand is swollen as big as one of Rapists conquests.

bionic77

Brady's hand is swollen as big as one of Rapists conquests.
Menopause can cause bloating but the hand and vagina were only swollen yesterday. What is the excuse for the shit play for the rest of the season? Or Brady's inability to complete a pass more than 10 yards down the field?

I actually have to give it to you Patriot fans. Tammy is getting in the way of a team that might actually contend for Superbowls and you guys are staying loyal to your quarterback. Most fans would have actually made some noise for the backup or a trade for some washed up big name, but you guys are content with regular season victories.

Did jnc really leave? That would suck if true. I turned off the Cowboys game after Fatford failed on the 4th down with 1:34 left. I was so pissed that the Lions had blown the game, imagine my surprise once I got home from running errands and saw the score. I am actually worried the Cowboys will fire Garret this year now. He just sat there while Dez screamed at Romo and didnt saw a word, what a fucking pussy. At least Whitten got in Dez's face. Cant wait for the Eagles to get shutout by the Raiders next week. One good thing to come from all this is Chip knows Barkely isnt the guy now for sure, and Foles definitely isnt the guy either. Hopefully they get a top 5 pick and hit on a QB in the draft.

Milchjon

Did you really think that post was completely serious ;-)

I guess it's the fault of my overall posting style if you did

eznark

Banned
I wonder if Chip will pull a Ditka to get Mariota? Would be interesting and I'd love to see him with a QB that he has no excuses for.

Menopause can cause bloating but the hand and vagina were only swollen yesterday. What is the excuse for the shit play for the rest of the season? Or Brady's inability to complete a pass more than 10 yards down the field?

I actually have to give it to you Patriot fans. Tammy is getting in the way of a team that might actually contend for Superbowls and you guys are staying loyal to your quarterback. Most fans would have actually made some noise for the backup or a trade for some washed up big name, but you guys are content with regular season victories.

Bench Brady for Mallet? lol

So after the loss to the Jets, Falcons talk on the radio here in Atlanta was pretty nasty.

Yeah... even more ether bombs being dropped this morning.

It's one thing to drop a close game and let the "we used to win these close games and now we're not" line slide, since Matty Ice dropped that line AGAIN in post game talk yesterday...
It's another entirely to get complete deconstructed by the Cards on both sides of the ball, give up multiple big plays, have less than 30 yards rushing (two games in a row), and toss interceptions, the lion's share of which were just air balls to spectral Roddys and Julios that aren't on the field.

RAWRG, this team is upsetting me AND breaking my heart.
There's enough talent on the field to do something, but we're getting absolutely NOTHING.
I know the Panthers are licking their chops right now...

So after the loss to the Jets, Falcons talk on the radio here in Atlanta was pretty nasty.

Yeah... even more ether bombs being dropped this morning.

It's one thing to drop a close game and let the "we used to win these close games and now we're not" line slide, since Matty Ice dropped that line AGAIN in post game talk yesterday...
It's another entirely to get complete deconstructed by the Cards on both sides of the ball, give up multiple big plays, have less than 30 yards rushing (two games in a row), and toss interceptions, the lion's share of which were just air balls.

RAWRG, this team is upsetting me AND breaking my heart.
There's enough talent on the field to do something, but we're getting absolutely NOTHING.
I know the Panthers are licking their chops right now...

If it's any consolation, we got blown out by the Cards too.

Top Bottom