• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

squicken

Can't imagine anyone else unless the Panthers get their shit together and go on a run.

Yep. Lions only games left vs teams with winning records are GB and CHI, and CHI is done. Hard to see them with less than 10 wins. Panthers have SF, NE and NOLA x2. Panthers really needed DAL to win that game today

Green Bay lost both of those games, on the road, by a combined 10 points. Lets not play make belief and think Green Bay is getting blown out by the good teams they're facing, unlike San Fran who got completely dismantled by the Seahawks and Colts.

We were down by 6 points and 9 points heading into the 4th quarter of both of our losses. The games were there to win and we couldn't pull it off. A loss is a loss

squicken

We were down by 6 points and 9 points heading into the 4th quarter of both of our losses. The games were there to win and we couldn't pull it off. A loss is a loss

Gotta say FMT, it's pretty clear that Harbs doesn't want Kap throwing the ball. Not sure you guys are going to come back from too many deficits if that is how your coach feels about his QB

cdyhybrid

Just as legit as 14-12. You said it yourself!

I never said it wasn't. They both go down as wins for Pittsburgh/Seattle in the record books. But the head ref in only one of those games came out and voluntarily admitted that he made bad calls that changed the game.

Like I said, you got the win so you just need to let it go. You have 5 non-tainted rings to enjoy, why be so insecure and keep bringing this up? ;)

Sephzilla

I never said it wasn't. They both go down as wins for Pittsburgh/Seattle in the record books. But the head ref in only one of those games came out and voluntarily admitted that he made bad calls that changed the game.

Like I said, you got the win so you just need to let it go. You have 5 non-tainted rings to enjoy, why be so insecure and keep bringing this up? ;)

The NFL in only one of those games came out and said the refs fucked the ending up too.

Since we're bringing up this kinda stuff, I'd like to complain about the Tuck Rule game again...

Gotta say FMT, it's pretty clear that Harbs doesn't want Kap throwing the ball. Not sure you guys are going to come back from too many deficits if that is how your coach feels about his QB

Based on what? 4 of our past 5 games have been laughers by halftime. Couple that with a dominant run game and a qb isn't going to throw it 50 times a game and put up hollow stats. Kap dominated in the air and on the ground today but because we were up 28-0 after 4 possessions he didn't throw much.

Let's not forget he is still learning and is in his 17th NFL career start

So who do we all think is likeliest to take the last wild card spot in the NFC? San Francisco is probably a good lock for a WC spot unless they manage to beat Seattle later on. Do we all believe in Detroit enough?

It's down to these teams:

Detroit
Carolina
Arizona?
Chicago?

Everyone else is already dead.

6 wins. And the ref said he made bad calls in one game, whereas the league said bad calls where made in the other. Fell free to continue being sanctimonious about one and a hypocrite about the other though, it's a good look.

squicken

Based on what? 4 of our past 5 games have been laughers by halftime. Couple that with a dominant run game and a qb isn't going to throw it 50 times a game and put up hollow stats. Kap dominated in the air and on the ground today but because we were up 28-0 after 4 possessions he didn't throw much.

Let's not forget he is still learning and is in his 17th NFL career start

You can redo his deal, and he will want to of course, at the end of the year. You want to commit $15m/yr to him. I'm getting increasingly hopeful that you do, on the 1/1000000 chance the Rams are ever good enough for it to matter

cdyhybrid

The NFL in only one of those games came out and said the refs fucked the ending up too.

The NFL is the one who put those refs there. Green Bay lost a meaningless regular season game under the same conditions that the rest of the league was playing under. Seattle lost the Super Bowl because they happened to be in the way of the narrative the NFL was pushing at the time.

Fortunately, not even Fuhrer Goodell is above the football gods, who are now forcing the Steelers and their army of lifelongs to do their penance for desecrating the sanctity of football and fair competition in general. Hope that ring keeps them warm while they go 6-10 for the next two decades!

6 wins. And the ref said he made bad calls in one game, whereas the league said bad calls where made in the other. Fell free to continue being sanctimonious about one and a hypocrite about the other though, it's a good look.

The entire league was playing with those same scab refs, but it apparently was only a big deal when it was Green Bay that got the short end of the stick - even though the game was meaningless. Only one team was unlucky enough to get in the way of the Bettis-riding-off-into-the-sunset narrative!

If you don't like me telling you how it is, don't ask about it! Just let it go. You keep attempting to troll me with it and then get salty when you get trolled back!

You can redo his deal, and he will want to of course, at the end of the year. You want to commit $15m/yr to him. I'm getting increasingly hopeful that you do, on the 1/1000000 chance the Rams are ever good enough for it to matter

It will not matter for the rams. We blew you out on the road with 1 wr, VD at 50% and missing 2 of our best defensive players all while coming off 2 embarrassing losses. If there was a time for the rams to show they were an NFL team it was us coming in on a Thursday night under those circumstances.... But no

The NFL is the one who put those refs there. Green Bay lost a meaningless regular season game under the same conditions that the rest of the league was playing under. Seattle lost the Super Bowl because they happened to be in the way of the narrative the NFL was pushing at the time.

Fortunately, not even Fuhrer Goodell is above the football gods, who are now forcing the Steelers and their army of lifelongs to do their penance for desecrating the sanctity of football and fair competition in general. Hope that ring keeps them warm while they go 6-10 for the next two decades!

ibxxVNug6Bf29a.gif

Seahawks must have been in on it too.

squicken

It will not matter for the rams. We blew you out on the road with 1 wr, VD at 50% and missing 2 of our best defensive players all while coming off 2 embarrassing losses. If there was a time for the rams to show they were an NFL team it was us coming in on a Thursday night under those circumstances.... But no

Coming off those two losses helped SF that game. Made them angry. And the losses you needed to take were on you big players, not speed guys. Rather have played w Aldon than Justin. Staley out but a healthy Crabbles

Rams offensive line just got worse and they weren't good last year. They take less sacks b/c it is all short throws. Didn't work vs SF who is just too physical. It will be the same with SEA unless Hawks just show up thinking they will rubber stamp a win. Rams D got worse too. Bottom 10 unit that was mostly a top 10 unit last year. Rams can only beat teams that are soft on the offensive and defensive lines

Narag

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Chiefs are for real?

8-0 and a legit D. That says a lot but it'll be interesting how the broncos/chargers/broncos three week run goes given the teams they've won against so far have a record of 20-41. I think i added that up right. Jags/Giants skew the losses pretty heavily though.

DMczaf

@JayGlazer reports Schiano met with the Glazers on Friday morning. Schiano then told players I'm still the coach....for now #Bucs

...yeah, he's not making it to 2014.

Keep him around to finish the season, I want that #1!

squicken

8-0 and a legit D. That says a lot but it'll be interesting how the broncos/chargers/broncos three week run goes given the teams they've won against so far have a record of 20-41. I think i added that up right.

They also keep playing teams going with backup and third string QBs. Wouldn't pick them in a playoff game to beat IND, DEN or CIN

Hunter S.

8-0 and a legit D. That says a lot but it'll be interesting how the broncos/chargers/broncos three week run goes given the teams they've won against so far have a record of 20-41. I think i added that up right. Jags/Giants skew the losses pretty heavily though.
Everyone should be glad the first Chiefs-Broncos game is in Denver so it is more likely the streak is Brocken.

Well that showdown with Denver is coming up soon, we'll get to see how tough KC is, though I think they will make it a very very tough game. I could honestly see them winning that game in KC.

Unless Alex Smith pulls a Flacco/Eli and becomes Elite for a 4 or 5 game stretch the Chiefs will be one and done in the playoffs. They will be playing a good team, who will force Alex to win a game.

Every few years there is a team that starts out like KC has but everybody knows they aren't for real. Remember a few years ago when the Titans started 13-0 or something like that but every body knew they would lose in the playoffs and nobody was really afraid to play them?

Every few years there is a team that starts out like KC has but everybody knows they aren't for real. Remember a few years ago when the Titans started 13-0 or something like that but every body knew they would lose in the playoffs and nobody was really afraid to play them?
I wish we went 13-0...

Green Bay lost both of those games, on the road, by a combined 10 points. Lets not play make belief and think Green Bay is getting blown out by the good teams they're facing, unlike San Fran who got completely dismantled by the Seahawks and Colts.

Game was close for three quarters on both losses. Defense wasn't even that bad those two games. Eventually the anemic offensive performances caught up and our d got fatigued from being on the field too much. A win is a win but both losses were hardly blowouts from the first snap.

Milchjon

So jak left GAF because we're a bunch of big meanies.

Imagine if Pats fans were as bad at handling adversity.

You guys don't know our pain.

sonicmj1

They can. Assuming the New York Giants win their next two games, and the Cowboys slip up one of their games, Dallas would play New York the third week and could take the division lead.

New York plays Oakland and Green Bay, at home, after the bye.
Dallas host the Vikings and travels to New Orleans before playing New York.

As hilarious as this possibility is, there's absolutely no way that the Giants beat Green Bay.

Top Bottom