• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

eznark

Banned
Matt Ryan: elite

iJ5sYrEWVGFch.gif

ibu5sCsXWbbQSV.gif

iMWCvzG0qGjWq.gif

ibrWtIY8ZS1uqD.gif

Very interesting. Carolina needs another receiver pretty badly if they want a serious shot at making the playoffs. I think Hakeem Nicks is trending downwards, but he'd be a good fit there.

Before the season, everyone in Panthers Nation was clamoring for Nicks (hometown kid), but now...

The dude can't catch. I don't know what's happened to him, but he's dropping balls left and right. I'm not sure I want a more expensive Brandon Lafell.

Even with a win, there's always David Diehl.

David Diehl: It always seems to come to this. No matter how good things go for the Giants we can find a reason to pick on the veteran offensive lineman. It's a wonder the Giants ran the ball successfully at all considering that Diehl compiled an unbelievably awful -8.3 run-blocking grade Sunday (-8.4 overall). PFF's Sam Monson said the Giants "are now running out of positions to try him in the hope that he is any less poor at any of them having played his way out of LT and RT."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
When did Ryan's mechanics go to shit? Is he nursing an injury or does he have all that contract money stuffed in his jock?

You are a monster! Figure out what XB1 games you are getting at launch? I think I have decided to get Ryse, so I will be looking for people to play the mp with.

Doesn't sound like MP is going to be a possibility at launch. :jnc

You are a monster! Figure out what XB1 games you are getting at launch? I think I have decided to get Ryse, so I will be looking for people to play the mp with.

Ryse, BF4, CoD: Ghosts, AC IV, DR3

I think this is the list from my kids. Of those, I suspect I'll get the most play from BF4. Keep in mind not unwrapping it until Xmas.

I'm definitely worried about all this XBone news with technical issues, etc. But my kids are all "I want a XBone for XMASSSSSSS!!!!!"

The fact that I play about 2 hours a month these days means that it's really not a console for me as much as it is for them. I'd likely skip this gen if it was just me.

Miguel

Kubiak really going to stick with an injured Schaub.

This way they can say "Schaub is week to week" and then finally rule him out later this season due to complication due to his injury. Never "give up" on him, protect him in media/fan bubblewrap, and still start Case.

When did Ryan's mechanics go to shit? Is he nursing an injury or does he have all that contract money stuffed in his jock?

Doesn't sound like MP is going to be a possibility at launch. :jnc

Link? I just saw a new video of the co-op arena stuff the other day and I hadnt seen anything about that getting delayed.

Ryse, BF4, CoD: Ghosts, AC IV, DR3

I think this is the list from my kids. Of those, I suspect I'll get the most play from BF4. Keep in mind not unwrapping it until Xmas.

I'm definitely worried about all this XBone news with technical issues, etc. But my kids are all "I want a XBone for XMASSSSSSS!!!!!"

The fact that I play about 2 hours a month these days means that it's really not a console for me as much as it is for them. I'd likely skip this gen if it was just me.

I will also be getting Cod:G for sure. Sucks you have to wait for xmass though. I wouldnt worry for 1 second about the supposed technical issues. If they are there they will get fixed, and we havent really heard anything specific yet.

bionic77

Even with a win, there's always David Diehl.
Giants line might be one of the few lines that is worse than the Steelers.

And that is saying something!

You guys have been complaining Diehl for years now. He must either give Coughlin the best BJs or else he must have some really bad shit on him.

You guys have been complaining Diehl for years now. He must either give Coughlin the best BJs or else he must have some really bad shit on him.

Our long nightmare is nearly over. He's on the last year of his contract and the offensive line will get a serious remake in the offseason via the draft and likely in FA as Reese and company will have some cap space to play with.

We need to fix the interior of the offensive line. We need guards desperately. We're stuck with Baas for another season so center will need to be addressed in 2015. Cordle has improved a bit but I don't think he's the long term answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Meriweather ladies and gentlemen:

Meriweather "To be honest, you've got to go low now.You gotta end people's career. U gotta tear people's ACL's."

How is this man allowed on the field, again?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I guess the good news for the Steelers is that they only lost 3 starting linemen, yesterday. Is two wins too many for the Clowney sweepstakes?

Not for Ryse, for the entire system.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705280

I take that thread with a grain of salt. There's no way MS would ship with XBL completely broken, right? Right?

I don't think it'll be completely broken, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge patch in the first couple of days.

That's what you sign up for when you buy a console at launch in 2013. Gone are the old days when once the hardware was made, its completely done and nothing further can be done to it. Both Sony and MS had to start hardware production well in advance of release to meet demand, but they're both going to have to work to the wire to get everything done on the software (networking and OS) side. I honestly expect online to be a mess at least for a few days on both XBL and PSN.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I won't be able to use my PS4 until the 26 (buying it at launch but having it shipped home, rather than to me) so maybe the online services would've settled down by then.

jbug617

Banned
Meriweather is well....

@Russellmania980: Brandon Meriweather: "If anybody go look at the tape, I didn't use my head in any of the hits. I'm moving on from it." #Redskins @NFL #NFL

@Russellmania980: Brandon Meriweather "To be honest, you've just got to go low now..You gotta end people's career. U gotta tear people's ACL's." #Redskins

@Russellmania980: Brandon Meriweather: "You gotta tear peoples ACL's . Mess up people's knees. You can't him them high anymore. You've just got to go low."

@Russellmania980: Brandon Meriweather: "They told me to use my shoulder. I use my shoulder. I still get fined. They still say I use my head." #Redskins

@Russellmania980: Meriweather "I'm hitting defenseless running backs. I've never heard of a defenseless running back." (Green Bay, not Chicago) #Redskins

Dragon

Banned
So 3 more weeks to have it ready for day 1, but I am pretty sure most consoles gens last longer then a day. Until we hear this from someone at MS I am not going to worry about it.

You are right and obviously they will fix it. But here's the thing, you cannot play games without a 1.5 GB update to the One once you get it setup. So if there are problems with Xbox Live that will be a HUGE problem.

And MS has been deflecting and going mysteriously silent when confronted with it.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah I posted it a few posts up from you.

Ban him for life as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty of space to hit someone between their heads and knees you dumb cunt.

Yeah really glad the Pats released him. I remember the Pats getting shit because he was a two-time "Pro Bowler". Bunch of horse shit. The guy cannot play his position to save his life.

No spinning at all. If it is broken at launch that will suck big time. Hopefully that isnt the case. I just read through the link you posted and it seems like Jeff from giantbomb said he couldnt confirm any problems but was surprised they are not showing the OS off more. Major Nelson posted 2 OS videos before the XB1 tour started and has said once he is back from the tour that he has more videos ready to go. Obviously he wouldnt say if there is a problem, but MS has shown as much OS stuff as Sony has so far. I does seem like there is a lot of smoke to this rumor though. My only question is why havent there been repo5rts of the OS crashing on the tour? They have done a ton of stops so far and thousands of people have played the XB1 now, you would think with how excited some people are for any bad news that those stories would be pouring out now.

Dragon

Banned
No spinning at all. If it is broken at launch that will suck big time. Hopefully that isnt the case. I just read through the link you posted and it seems like Jeff from giantbomb said he couldnt confirm any problems but was surprised they are not showing the OS off more. Major Nelson posted 2 OS videos before the XB1 tour started and has said once he is back from the tour that he has more videos ready to go. Obviously he wouldnt say if there is a problem, but MS has shown as much OS stuff as Sony has so far. I does seem like there is a lot of smoke to this rumor though. My only question is why havent there been repo5rts of the OS crashing on the tour? They have done a ton of stops so far and thousands of people have played the XB1 now, you would think with how excited some people are for any bad news that those stories would be pouring out now.

Sony showed a live demo.

MS has never showed a live demo of their operating system and it's out in three weeks as you said.

As far as reports of it crashing, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua6T...;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

Edit: beaten like Meriweather should be.

I expect to plug it in on Xmas morning and wait 30 minutes (at least) for the patches to download and install. Yay next gen.

The Steeler message boards are so dire and insane. Apparently it's all Suisham's fault that this team is 2-5 and has gaping holes on both offense and defense.

I'd suggest pulling it out and installing the updates and then rewrapping it.

That is really smart. Both consoles are going to have day one patches, plus by the time xmass rolls around there will probably be a bunch or patches for both. It sucks sitting through updates but being able to improve over time is a great feature for all 3 consoles.

Edit: youtube is blocked at my work but I assume those are videos of the console freezing up?

ShaneB

Jeez at those Merriweather comments.

Also, a random question, where can I get some high res wallpapers that feature each week's match up? Basically this week I made myself a Seahawks vs Rams wallpaper just by screencapping a video from Seahawks.com, but would like something a little better.aka gimme a nice high res photo of Seahawks vs Bucks for this week

Also... anyone??? :(

I think I'm gonna wait till next year to grab a ps4. Between my Wii U, 360, ps3, vita, and PC I have more than enough games to last me and not enough time as it is now.

Top Bottom