• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

jmdajr

oh

Keenum to start..........

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

woodchuck

One of the worst losses I've ever experienced, and I've been through a lot. It would have been worse were it not for the fact the rest of the NFC east sucks.

But this was a game that every other team in the NFL would have won...except for the Cowboys.

Is this "console is buggy" stuff really a surprise? The PS3, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita all had problems at launch.

The 360 was a ticking time bomb. If that happens to MS again that'll be something, but honestly any of these things being flawless at launch is more of a surprise.

Crisco

Banned
Who would be more likely to turn on their console sugardaddy.

yankee or SNES?

At this point I feel like MS could openly admit that the Bone gives you dick cancer and yankee would find a way to spin it. SNES is easier. All it takes is a few free tacos and he is yours regardless of product quality.

A console that lets me watch the NFL while gaming and gives me permanent birth control? Perfect!

I think that fumble call against the Dolphins was correct. It kills me.
He was falling down and grasping for the ball. Who coaches defensive players to do otherwise? It was an unbelievably horrendous call, just like the PI call in the first half and defensive holding call in the second (all of which led to points).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
2 picks, 3/11 (good fucking christ) on third down?

Yeah, he certainly wasn't helping the Lions pull away.

Pull away? No. His fault for the deficit? Not even close.

One of the picks was a throw that would have hit CJ in the numbers. It bounced right off his hand, popped up in the air, and was picked. The other one was clearly Stafford's fault, as the play was a slant across the middle that Lee had jumped the moment the ball was snapped.

Stafford was good yesterday. There were drops and coaches admitted after the game that some receivers were accidentally running the wrong route. You know me well enough to know I'll criticize the guy openly when he screws up.

At least watch the play if you're trying to level some criticism.

Fox318

Family members have been asking me what console they should get. I told them that I'm holding off a bit to see what happens only one is getting a Xbox One. They all had 360s and were on live but they are really excited for the PS4.

bionic77

Family members have been asking me what console they should get. I told them that I'm holding off a bit to see what happens only one is getting a Xbox One. They all had 360s and were on live but they are really excited for the PS4.
PS4 is a hundred bucks cheaper. Even if it were not more powerful that is enough for most people.

eznark

Banned
He was falling down and grasping for the ball. Who coaches defensive players to do otherwise? It was an unbelievably horrendous call, just like the PI call in the first half and defensive holding call in the second (all of which led to points).

I'll never convince you otherwise and honestly it's a lame penalty because it forces us to read a guys mind but it looked to me like he was swatting it away, not attempting to reel it in.

Milchjon

Why so edgy bro?

GTA V was a disappointment, the 3DS is the best, and Brady is a rapidly aging woman.

These are facts. No need for hostility.

Namaste!

Can't comment on the 3DS, but GTA V was way better than I expected after the shitfest that was IV, and BRADY IS NOT A WOMAN.

Godslay

Banned
Is this "console is buggy" stuff really a surprise? The PS3, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita all had problems at launch.

The 360 was a ticking time bomb. If that happens to MS again that'll be something, but honestly any of these things being flawless at launch is more of a surprise.

They've all had their issues. Nothing coming out of either camp is gamebreaking imo. Reading through that thread, it seems the issue lies more in the party system rather than actually connecting to and playing games on live.

As far as a UI crash, there is that one video, but Wii U hardlocked out of the gate for some people. Vita still hardlocks sometimes on download in the PSN store. That one video doesn't tell me that it happens system wide, or frequently.

I'm not attempting MS spin, because I really don't give a shit in the short term. I've bought all the systems before, and will do so again. Botched launches seem to be the norm now. It's the price you pay for being an early adopter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They've all had their issues. Nothing coming out of either camp is gamebreaking imo. Reading through that thread, it seems the issue lies more in the party system rather than actually connecting to and playing games on live.

As far as a UI crash, there is that one video, but Wii U hardlocked out of the gate for some people. Vita still hardlocks sometimes on download in the PSN store. That one video doesn't tell me that it happens system wide, or frequently.

I'm not attempting MS spin, because I really don't give a shit in the short term. I've bought all the systems before, and will do so again. Botched launches seem to be the norm now. It's the price you pay for being an early adopter.

syncseal.gif

Dolphins suck anyway. Who gives a shit.

Anyway, I just saw the video of Witten going HAM on Bryant. Holy shitsnacks.
It's true, they do suck. I'm not bringing up the refs to make excuses for how much the team has regressed but it didn't exactly help things in this particular game.

But yeah, the season's over anyway so whatever.

bionic77

What is amazing is not the fuck ups but how quickly MS shat away their goodwill from the "hardcore" gamer.

If they had not done that then the same people shitting on MS everyday would be defending them.

But these days it is colonel halo and yankeehater.

I was going to get a launch PS4 (Have one ordered on Amazon) and no longer have any desire for it this year. Just nothing I want to play on it. I can wait for a better bundle next year.

effzee

The Steeler message boards are so dire and insane. Apparently it's all Suisham's fault that this team is 2-5 and has gaping holes on both offense and defense.

I've stopped going to the Eagles message board. Such a cesspool of insanity, conspiracy theories, racism, and just pure hate for everything and everyone.

Its a bunch of 40+ dudes who finally get to "vent". The true fan supposedly.

Deep Thoughts, with an asshole:

When we praise a guy for engineering a 4th quarter comeback why do we never ask who engineered the 4th quarter deficit that needed overcoming?

The Tim Tebow story.

Hunter S.

I hated GTAIV and I loved V. Switching characters was a great mechanic, and Trevor was so much fun to play as.

I love them both, but V is clearly the better one all around. Trevor is the most funny and most annoying. He constantly reminds the player you are really playing as a criminal. I think I put in 55 hours, and still have over 1/4 of the regular campaign to do due to so many side missions and having fun just screwing around. Skydiving is fun, and the ocean is really unique for that type of game.

Bowser

I was going to get a launch PS4 (Have one ordered on Amazon) and no longer have any desire for it this year. Just nothing I want to play on it. I can wait for a better bundle next year.

I'm in the same boat. I still have my Amazon preorder, but I'm 95% sure I'm cancelling it. Gonna enjoy a nice Retina MBP for my bday/Xmas instead and work on my backlog of 3DS games.

Cancelled my xbone preorder. Good night sweet prince killer instinct.... I'll see you next year sometime :(

I just canceled my PS4 pre-order, I just don't have time to play it anyways, I use my Vita most of the time and I took a week off for new years from work so I'd rather just waste that money on booze or something.

I'm in the same boat. I still have my Amazon preorder, but I'm 95% sure I'm cancelling it. Gonna enjoy a nice Retina MBP for my bday/Xmas instead and work on my backlog of 3DS games.

Yup, that sounds good. I still don't have a 3DS. Going to get the XL Bundle with Zelda I think, and play the few other fall titles on PS3/Wii U that I've yet to get around to.

Godslay

Banned

I agree. The look on that seals face about sums up my attitude. I am merely a seal floating in the sea of shit.

What is amazing is not the fuck ups but how quickly MS shat away their goodwill from the "hardcore" gamer.

If they had not done that then the same people shitting on MS everyday would be defending them.

But these days it is colonel halo and yankeehater.

They've certainly not done themselves any favors.

Top Bottom