• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

squicken

176585002.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Mods are hiding behind a generic account now to lock threads?

Pretty Jennings-esque

That account has Stumptakow or whatever, written all over it, including the avatar.

Being holier than thou about rumors when Neogaf makes it money off of them is pretty ridiculous as well.

Speaking of the master gaming race, add me on Origin for some BF4! chuckddd

Is there going to be a Steam version of that? Don't want to install Origin.

BTW there's a coupon on GMG to get 20% off of BF4.

eznark

Banned
Deep Thoughts, with an asshole:

When we praise a guy for engineering a 4th quarter comeback why do we never ask who engineered the 4th quarter deficit that needed overcoming?

Talamius

Already have a Wii U and a decent gaming PC for multiplats, so I've decided to pass on next gen until at least '14.

Can't rely on the Cowboys for shit. The Panthers really should've taken care of the Bills when they had the chance.

Watch them miss the playoffs by 1 game.

I'm telling you guys that Buffalo loss will kill us in the end :/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is there going to be a Steam version of that? Don't want to install Origin.

BTW there's a coupon on GMG to get 20% off of BF4.

EA wants to bury Steam with their second tier service, so no.

When we praise a guy for engineering a 4th quarter comeback why do we never ask who engineered the 4th quarter deficit that needed overcoming?

It's always the defenses' fault.

Vyer

Keenum will be starter this week, Schaub - who Kubiak says is 'fine' - will be the backup.

Kubiak says he made the decision based on their performance. Yeah, he must have been feeling some heat.

ShaneB

Pretty sure my 18 month old Asus laptop will not be able to run it. Which is why that's likely the one game I'll play on Xbone.

Yeah, BF4 was the first sign that my laptop is on a downslide now. :( Granted I only briefly played the beta, which isn't exactly optimized, but yeah. It won't be smooth sailing like BF3 was.

We should make this a regular segment in the OP each week. :jnc

Keenum will be the starter moving forward for Houston:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1m

Houston moving on: Texans announced Case Keenum as their starting QB moving forward.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 23m
DE Charles Johnson says he's "100 percent" sure he'll play this week vs Atl. Strained his groin vs. Tampa Bay last Thursday.

brentech

Man, this Packers 'outside the pocket' from 10/22....first time I've ever listened to the, they're fucking insufferable. Dude literally said he hates Brandon Jackson.

His running was meh, but he played an important role when on our team. It almost sounds like 2 guys that are fans of other teams talking about the Packers. Seems like little knowledge of basically anything going on

bionic77

The Steeler message boards are so dire and insane. Apparently it's all Suisham's fault that this team is 2-5 and has gaping holes on both offense and defense.
The whole team is bad but that doesn't excuse what he did yesterday. Winning yesterday does not make us a good team but if he makes those 2 FGs, which should pretty much be automatic at this point, the game is very different.

It is also different if Woodley could maybe tackle Pryor instead of watch him style all over our defense. Also different if we could block or open up a running lane.

Team failed in every phase yesterday.

eznark

Banned
Man, this Packers 'outside the pocket' from 10/22....first time I've ever listened to the, they're fucking insufferable. Dude literally said he hates Brandon Jackson.

His running was meh, but he played an important role when on our team. It almost sounds like 2 guys that are fans of other teams talking about the Packers. Seems like little knowledge of basically anything going on

Point me to this person that I may destroy him.

Is this something that the goobers at CheeseheadTV do?

So 3 more weeks to have it ready for day 1, but I am pretty sure most consoles gens last longer then a day. Until we hear this from someone at MS I am not going to worry about it.
The team could pull 12 hour days, 7 days a week and still not fix issues of that magnitude in 3 weeks and that's not their deadline for manufacturing and shipping.

bionic77

Who would be more likely to turn on their console sugardaddy.

yankee or SNES?

At this point I feel like MS could openly admit that the Bone gives you dick cancer and yankee would find a way to spin it. SNES is easier. All it takes is a few free tacos and he is yours regardless of product quality.

Crisco

Banned
Still pissed about that fucking Lion's game. The Panthers might miss the playoffs because of Jason fucking Garrett. How in the hell.

Godslay

Banned
I'd suggest pulling it out and installing the updates and then rewrapping it.

That's what I did with the Wii U last year.

As far as the Xbone or the PS4, I'm not getting either one on day one. I'll get both eventually, but I guess at this point I want to work through some of the games I have in my backlog. 3D Land and Zelda are all I plan on buying until then.

Technical issues sound troubling for both systems, but it's the world we live in. Get it out, patch it up, early adopters are pretty much a live test bed. Xbone and PS4 day one, will not be the same as Xbone and PS4 3 years down the line. It is what it is, early adopters always pay more, and are the ones that have to suffer through the teething issues of new tech. Partially why I want to ride it out as well.

Vesmir

Banned
Who would be more likely to turn on their console sugardaddy.

yankee or SNES?

At this point I feel like MS could openly admit that the Bone gives you dick cancer and yankee would find a way to spin it. SNES is easier. All it takes is a few free tacos and he is yours regardless of product quality.

Not sure SNES knows about anything past 2002. Last time the Bucs or Nintendo consoles were any good.

bionic77

Not sure SNES knows about anything past 2002. Last time the Bucs or Nintendo were any good.
You have shit taste.

DS and now 3DS have been the best consoles around for ages.

A smart man would probably just get a handheld and a PC and be set. But most gamers are not smart (lets not even get into personal hygiene) and are going to pay good money to buy inferior hardware to what you can get in a mid-level Steambox.

I have no idea. It showed up in my feed for Tuesdays with Aaron and I'm just now getting a chance to listen. Might be a new show

10/22/13 Outside the Pocket part 1
Alex and Gabe, honestly don't know who they are.
Oh, gotcha.

I like Alex Patakas, he's normally pretty decent, so I'm going to fault Gabe who I've never heard.

Vesmir

Banned
You have shit taste.

A smart man would probably just get a handheld and a PC and be set. But most gamers are not smart (lets not even get into personal hygiene) and are going to pay good money to buy inferior hardware to what you can get in a mid-level Steambox.

You know what, DS is pretty good. I'll modify my statement to say console Nintendo. But 3DS? Not sure about that.

Dragon

Banned
You have shit taste.

I don't think we know enough about Steamboxes to say anything definitively.

I have no idea. It showed up in my feed for Tuesdays with Aaron and I'm just now getting a chance to listen. Might be a new show

10/22/13 Outside the Pocket part 1
Alex and Gabe, honestly don't know who they are. One of them makes the B Jackson comment at 11:20

Cousins sub of the day!

Is this something that the goobers at CheeseheadTV do?

The team could pull 12 hour days, 7 days a week and still not fix issues of that magnitude in 3 weeks and that's not their deadline for manufacturing and shipping.

What does a manufacturing deadline have to do with anything? Wiiu had a massive day one patch, and Sony and MS have also both confirmed day one patches. It is the way of the world now. Get it as close to working as you can, then ship them out and fix the rest.

Draxal

Silly teams believe in balanced offences in this pass happy NFL.

If you are viewing on your mobile device I sincerely apologize for the next post I will make, however I feel it is in the publics best interest to see these in one, cohesive post. One post which will finally end the farce that has existed for far too long. One that should have died with the debunking in the playoffs two years ago but that has persisted relentlessly to the point of Rich Eisen himself going on a PR offensive to rehab this failure.

The world deserves better.
Earmark what is this Rich Eisen thing you are posting abouit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Valid question that needs to be asked. Yesterday, thankfully, Stafford wasn't the one who engineered the 4th-quarter deficit.

Is it wrong that I woke up this morning STILL psyched about that win yesterday? I know it doesn't mean much--the Cowboys were depleted and had several key guys out with injury. The Lions have major problems. Still, it was a lot of fun to watch.

Also, are people bashing the 3DS in here? The best system to come out in ages, gentlemen.

Top Bottom